PDA

View Full Version : few questions

Rahabib
04-01-2010, 03:16 PM
This game looks fun, especially for the price. But I have a few questions.

I assume you can take screenshots right?
it looks like it could be good for online competitions. Is there now or plans to integrate some way to record game play (really a necessity IMO for reviews for cheating etc.)?
When is the eta for dedicated servers? Is this an "eventually" or at launch or a few weeks afterwards?
With dedicated servers, will there be an ability to tweak gameplay rules (ie weapon damages, accuracy, etc.) so that league rules and modded servers can exist?

thanks.

Reptar08
04-02-2010, 02:05 AM
Your first two questions can be answered by Fraps. Your last two should be answered by a developer. But they have announced that dedicated servers will be released, just no specific details, due to the fact that they dont want to promise what they cannot deliver. But I would suspect that you will have the normal selectable options and a kick/ban system. As for logistics of what kind of options will you have. That will be answered at a later date.

FRAPS (http://www.fraps.com/)

Rahabib
04-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Your first two questions can be answered by Fraps. Your last two should be answered by a developer. But they have announced that dedicated servers will be released, just no specific details, due to the fact that they dont want to promise what they cannot deliver. But I would suspect that you will have the normal selectable options and a kick/ban system. As for logistics of what kind of options will you have. That will be answered at a later date.

FRAPS (http://www.fraps.com/)

yea, fraps isn't what I was hoping for as its a huge resource hog limited in ability and quality and all around not nearly as well as in game demo recording that is used by most major engines. I understand if they don't add it in, but chances are it will suffer as for gaining any ground for being added for leagues.

As for the rest of the questions, I hope that the developers are at least looking into these.

Rahabib
04-06-2010, 09:47 AM

it looks like it could be good for online competitions. Is there now or plans to integrate some way to record game play (really a necessity IMO for reviews for cheating etc.)?
When is the eta for dedicated servers? Is this an "eventually" or at launch or a few weeks afterwards?
With dedicated servers, will there be an ability to tweak gameplay rules (ie weapon damages, accuracy, etc.) so that league rules and modded servers can exist?

thanks.

Since dedicated servers are coming soon, any dev or someone in the know, want to comment on this?

Reptar08
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Fraps will give you the best quality you can get. If your computer cannot handle using it you can use a lower grade like xfire or wegame.

DevinTheZombie
04-06-2010, 09:14 PM
1 week to 2 weeks and dedicated servers will be here.

fatshark_mwd
04-08-2010, 05:20 PM

thanks.

hi,
- Of cours eyou can take screenshots!
- Yes we want to make the game available at the major gaming leagues. We plan to have competitions upo as fast the dedicated servers are online.
- Dedicated servers is approximatelly 2 weeks away.
- The dedicated servers will be evolved togtehr with the players.
- We have for example tried toggleing different huds. So there could be a hardcore mode with only a reticule in the hud...

Rahabib
04-09-2010, 07:12 AM
hi,
- Of cours eyou can take screenshots!
- Yes we want to make the game available at the major gaming leagues. We plan to have competitions upo as fast the dedicated servers are online.
- Dedicated servers is approximatelly 2 weeks away.
- The dedicated servers will be evolved togtehr with the players.
- We have for example tried toggleing different huds. So there could be a hardcore mode with only a reticule in the hud...

thanks for the reply! Its nice to have an official response once in a while.

It sounds like a start, but recording gameplay (in game recording not via fraps) and being able to at least tweak gameplay rules (huds etc are a start but "ready up" options, tweaking weapon damages, class limitations, etc.) would be what really gets the game ready for prime time.

fatshark_mwd
04-09-2010, 08:19 AM
thanks for the reply! Its nice to have an official response once in a while.

It sounds like a start, but recording gameplay (in game recording not via fraps) and being able to at least tweak gameplay rules (huds etc are a start but "ready up" options, tweaking weapon damages, class limitations, etc.) would be what really gets the game ready for prime time.

Ok I will see what we can do.

/martin