PDA

View Full Version : Before you buy...

Shodan79
04-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I bought the King Maker Expansion and was able to install in by following the instructions from the other posts.

Thank you so much, I was able to install the expansion over the steam version.

My thoughts on the expansion are...ehh so so....
Their website didn't do a good job of explaining as to what was added so here it is.

1. Ice Mages-Basically the upgrade for the mage. Pretty Powerful and they do look cool.
2. Ice Spells
3. Fire of Helia (Majesty Spell)
4. Grace of Agrelia (Healing Spell with the Temple to Agreila, EOA for heroes).
5. Word of Ferverus (Majesty Spell Haven't tried it)
6. Two Random Missions on top of the main Goblin Champaign.

That's all the free content.

What is available at the Direct Down Load Store for Purchase that I paid for was.
1. The Temple to Lunarod (Upgrades Thieves to Assassins)
2. Tier 5 Weapons
3. Special Tier 5 Weapons.
4. Knowledge of the old ones...(They unlock new abilities for the heroes to learn when they reach level 10+.

This will cost you 25.00, but first you have to convert real money into Blue Chips available at the Direct Down Loan Website Store.

While it was nice to see the return of the Temple of Lunarod (The last of the original temples) they charge you for extra's; which in my opinion should have been included with the Expansion Pack. I have note issue with paying 30.00 for an expansion, but letís be honest with our pricing and not pull a bait and switch after you pay the core download.

Over all it is a nice addition to the game and now majesty finally feels more fleshed out. It's also nice to have the ability to promote mages and thieves; I never made them into Lords because they don't evolve into anything super powerful like the other core heroes.

Hope this helps.

c3rebraL
04-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Another thing to mention, which you kind of say in your post, Steam has still not updated to the latest version of Majesty, nor have they released Kingmaker (and its not on their "coming soon" list either) So you may be better off buying it from one of the other DL sites!

Thanks for your review btw, I haven't played Kingmaker yet, have to say I'm not enthusiastic about buying an exp pack AND then also having to buy stuff out of the In game store so I probably won't try that stuff for awhile, but definetly gonna give Kingmaker a whirl.

+ rep!

CannibalBob
04-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I did not buy the expansion but I have the original Majesty 2. The latest patch (I don't think it's up on steam yet?) added the DL store and I got the free content as well.

DrakenLord
04-11-2010, 01:48 PM
HUGE DELAY in patching Majestic 2 + adding micro transaction on top of an expansion?

I'll pass thank you very much.

Seeing how little they added (so many things to fix and enhance, so many great ideas on the forums over the years) between the original Majestic and M2, I bet all these expansions and DLC were part of the original game, or at least they should have been.