PDA

View Full Version : My own GLaDOS dub

wkw427
04-01-2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Li7D8kzPA

What do you think? I only read from the game script on gamefaqs. I didn't think of listening to the original recording to mimic it more, but I think it sounds pretty good

Zekiran
04-01-2010, 09:12 PM
It's not bad for an early try. Did you listen to the full commentary track in Portal? Ellen Mclain talks about how they worked on the voice, what she did to get it as far as she could and then they mucked with it farther.

nrnoble
04-02-2010, 12:48 AM
I agree with what Jeff said. Decent effort to sound like GLaDOS.

RockstarMaxx
04-02-2010, 05:38 AM
You cracked a few highs during It me thinks :D

wkw427
04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Yea, I listened to that commentary a few months ago :p
But I did have a hard time trying to sound monotone. I changed my voice when I spoke to sound like it instead of using the software to edit it. :p

Zekiran
04-02-2010, 12:21 PM
I agree with what Jeff said. Decent effort to sound like GLaDOS.

Who's jeff?

dj-corny
04-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Yea, I listened to that commentary a few months ago :p
But I did have a hard time trying to sound monotone. I changed my voice when I spoke to sound like it instead of using the software to edit it. :p
How about writing the monologue into n TTS-system, hear these speaking and trying to redo it?

nrnoble
04-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Who's jeff?

I thought you of all people would know who "Jeff" is. Here is his Bio ;): Comic book Guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Book_Guy)

Jeff, of couse, is very cool. :)

Zekiran
04-08-2010, 11:03 AM
o.0? Kinda offensive if you were referring to me that way, since I am a comic book geek but I'm female and not hideously stereotypical. :/

nrnoble
04-08-2010, 02:20 PM
My error. I suppose it could be perceived as offensive, but not intended to be because I like Jeff along with the rest of Simpson's characters which are not intended to be mean spirited caricatures of anyone. I misunderstood your sense of humor. I will steer clear going forward to avoid any further confusion.

Zekiran
04-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Okay but... the Comic Book Guy essentially never, ever has anything good to say about anything, so... what exactly do you want to say, by including "him" in this? Just... maybe... state your own opinion? :) Also: I managed a comic store for 13 years, so that's why I kinda kneejerk about it.

nrnoble
04-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I apologize for having offended you. It is my error. It just one of those situation where something that was intended to be fun tong-n-cheek was perceived 180 degrees as mean spirited. I can see how you might perceive my comments that way. Sometimes well meaning humor doesn't always translate well in Internet forums and a person never knows 100% when any comment they make will properly communicate the intent\meaning. In this case, I completely miscalculated.

Ninto55
04-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Erm, okay.
It was pretty good. Just a little bland, even though it's suppose to be because it's a computer.