PDA

View Full Version : Will this game automatically charge you?

Lim0FF
04-02-2010, 11:34 AM
If I buy this game today EverQuest® Starter Pack will it automatically charge me after 30 days of trial? I want to try the game myself, but not if it charges me after the trial.

Thank you.

- Nevermind, I think I'll skip this one :P

Mazena
04-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Well, it will charge you unless you cancel you subscription...?

vempajor
04-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Are there... I mean how much are playing these games what you need to pay every month again and again?

It's quite unbelievable for me that someone is paying a game more time. :D

Jito463
04-02-2010, 09:02 PM
It's called an MMO, and they're all subscription-based. Maybe you've heard of the concept? It's not like a normal game, where you play it through once and then it's always the same after that. MMO's are constantly changing and adding new content. That's what the subscription is for, to pay the developers to continue updating the game.

vempajor
04-03-2010, 11:36 AM
I know... it's strange for me. That's why I ask are there ppl who playing these games.

Jito463
04-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Yes, there are. Even though I don't get much chance to play, I still maintain my monthly subscription to my Station Access account for SOE. I have also purchased a lifetime subscription (one-time purchase) to Lord of the Rings Online at launch time. Currently, I'm debating on getting The Old Republic. Not because I doubt that game will be great, but because I'm trying to justify the cost for a game I may not have much chance to play.

Mazena
04-03-2010, 02:16 PM
I know... it's strange for me. That's why I ask are there ppl who playing these games.

I don't understand what's so amazing about it to you... :D It's pretty simple actually. The amount of content and people to play with on a single server is amazing and is not cheap to upkeep. On top of that, the game is being updated and more content put into it.

Lots of reasons to subscribe imo. Plus EQ is ♥♥♥♥ing awesome.

vempajor
04-04-2010, 06:42 PM
OK, I understand what you say, thx for the info. But there are a lot of "normal" games, mostly FPS games what get more extras, and updates after the release, and those are free, (or nowdays as a DLC for some money but that is also one-time only then). In these cases the game is yours. In the subsc. games you never own the game, it is like just renting it. I would never pay for a game what has monthly fee, at least now I cannot imagine myself being interested in these.

Jito463
04-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Then it sounds like you've already made your decision. Truth be told, it's not for everyone. If it sounds like such a foreign concept that you can't accept, then it's probably not the type of game you'd enjoy.

I realize that in forums, it's hard to convey tone or inflection, so I'll just point out that I mean that in the most sincere way possible, not as an attack or insult.

wildleg
04-05-2010, 04:33 AM
OK, I understand what you say, thx for the info. But there are a lot of "normal" games, mostly FPS games what get more extras, and updates after the release, and those are free, (or nowdays as a DLC for some money but that is also one-time only then). In these cases the game is yours. In the subsc. games you never own the game, it is like just renting it. I would never pay for a game what has monthly fee, at least now I cannot imagine myself being interested in these.

a fps and a mmo can never be compared. DLC and a monthly fee are kind of the same, even though some company's have released more DLC that has cost more then a 15$ sub in a one month period.

whats even worse about DLC is, such as assassin creed2... they installed the DLC on your pc day of launch(it was on the game disks) yet made you pay money to unlock it. sound fair?

as to the whole "renting"... i must have picked up a damn good game at blockbuster then, cause i have yet to return it. unlike my "fps" games, i beat them, unlock just about everything, and let the game rot on my hard drive.

vempajor
04-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Right. I got this game from a friend a week ago, so I can try and maybe I'll see it somehow else after I played my 30 days. Thx for the replies, it was good to read your opinions.