PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation on SecuROM DRM

Puchi Kitsune
04-02-2010, 08:01 PM
I am considering buying Borderlands, but would like a confirmation on SecuROM DRM status. I see thread here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966005

But the store page says that SecuROM is not included.

Before the flaming starts... As much as I would like to have SecuROM on my system, I can't since I run Microsoft/Sysinternal tools, which interfere with SecuROM.

Minus_Prime
04-02-2010, 08:16 PM
SecuRom is found on only two of the DLC packages. The main game and the General Knoxx expansion are SecuRom-free.

Redtide
04-02-2010, 09:02 PM
In other words, the good content has no SecuROM while the lesser content you would never need does.

toejam
04-02-2010, 11:22 PM
In other words, the good content has no SecuROM while the lesser content you would never need does.

Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot and Zombie Island of Dr. Ned are GOOD but not as good as General Knoxx.
Don't bother with Moxxi's unless you have 3 friends with solid connections who'll buy and play it with you, and don't bother with Zombie Island if a small zombie-based side story doesn't sound interesting to you (it really doesn't add much content, just some new bad guys and a few new places)