PDA

View Full Version : Walton Simons (Spoilers)

wexer9
04-03-2010, 11:52 AM
I killed Walton Simons at Area 51 in my first playthrough of the game, but have recently learned that I was supposed to fight him at the Sub Base, first. Where/when in the Sub Base are you supposed to fight him? I certainly don't recall running into him during my first playthrough...

Thanks in advance.

in.meinem.turm.
04-03-2010, 12:07 PM
You normally cannot miss him. He waits for you when you try to leave the ocean lab. (at the yellow maschine where the beasts and the greasels were and the level changed. If you know where he wspawns you can even leave a LAM planted for him and kill him without a fight.
If he wasn't there this must have been a bug. If you don't kill him in the oceanlab he will appear in Area 51 where you meat him.

wexer9
04-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Hmm, I thought the Lab was looking at little bare on the way out. I only had to fight a few extra MJ12 Divers. It must have been a bug, because I did indeed fight him at Area 51.

Thanks for the quick reply, and for sharing your tip! :)

+rep

Neveos
04-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah, it really isn't something you missed out on. I guess if you have your leg augs on, you might just run past his location in the tracks on the sub-base.

in.meinem.turm.
04-03-2010, 11:46 PM
You can also stop him with a tranqualizer dart. He only turns hostile if he finishes his dialogue and he will not if the poison hits him during the dialogue. But you have to hit him before it triggers of course.
The fight there is also very hard. He has at least a flamethrower and you can't see anything once he starts shooting.

Edit: OMG 42 reputation points. This must be the answer. To everything. But I serously forgot the question.

Solarian
04-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Wow - I've played through Deus Ex three times, and never even knew you could encounter him in the ocean lab.

Like wexer9 said above me, the lab has always seemed a bit bare on the way out.

Jito463
04-06-2010, 05:18 PM
I've only ever encountered him in the underwater labs. I didn't even know you could encounter him anywhere else.

wexer9
04-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Wow - I've played through Deus Ex three times, and never even knew you could encounter him in the ocean lab.

You too? Well, I guess I'll see if I encounter him on the way out in my second playthrough. :)

in.meinem.turm.
04-06-2010, 11:25 PM

strange. Maybe there is something you need to do to trigger him there.
Did you get his message on the way back up? He should at least contact you at the elevator back up.

Jito463
04-07-2010, 05:07 AM
For everyone who did not encounter him at the ocean labs, what interaction - if any - did you have with him at Unatco? Maybe we can narrow down what triggers this. For me, I always listened in at Manderley's door, and talked to Walton on his way out. Then I almost always listened in to his interrogation of the terrorist.

in.meinem.turm.
04-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Then I almost always listened in to his interrogation of the terrorist.

I didn't do that last time and still encountered him.what else I did:

You have to at least start to listen to the talk with Manderley.
He talked to me on the way out.
I entered his Office at the army-base that has the Ship
I recieved his message for Miss Chow.
I didn't kill Gunther and he didn't talk to me in the church.

Jito463
04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
How can you not kill Gunther? Or did you not kill Agent Navarre (I always took her out)?

Taikis
04-09-2010, 10:00 AM
How can you not kill Gunther? Or did you not kill Agent Navarre (I always took her out)?

You have to kill her to get out of Unatco base.

in.meinem.turm.
04-09-2010, 11:13 AM
You have to kill her to get out of Unatco base.

if you haven't killed her in the plane already.

I got him low on health until he freaked out and ran around aimlessly in the room leaving me all the time I need to hack the terminal and get out without killing him.

wexer9
04-09-2010, 01:01 PM
if you haven't killed here in the plane already.

Or in Battery Park.

psihomir2
04-18-2010, 02:01 AM
You can also stop him with a tranqualizer dart. He only turns hostile if he finishes his dialogue and he will not if the poison hits him during the dialogue. But you have to hit him before it triggers of course.
The fight there is also very hard. He has at least a flamethrower and you can't see anything once he starts shooting.

Edit: OMG 42 reputation points. This must be the answer. To everything. But I serously forgot the question.

I'm just playing through the game again right now, and I passed this scene last night... discovered a similar bug: when you see him running towards to you to start the dialogue, shoot him and it will break his scene and he'll either just tell you the first line and shut up, or not say anything at all - but he'll remain green until you shoot him :D

wexer9
06-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Well, I ran into him (and killed him) exactly where he was supposed be on this playthrough. Maybe I was using speed augs and ran past him last time?

Ben.EEeee
06-25-2010, 10:32 AM
IIRC the trigger for Simons to spawn is when you step into a certain location. If you ran by it too quickly, the trigger might not play.

wexer9
06-25-2010, 10:44 AM
That's probably it.

asdfzxc920
06-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Also, you don't have to actually kill him. All you have to do is get to the water before you take major damage, then get up the ladder at the other end of the water before he does (at which point you can just walk out at your own pace). It helps if you stick him with a tranq-dart or two, the constant flinching will slow him down and interrupt his attacks.

wexer9
06-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Will he still show up at Area 51 if you do the above?

asdfzxc920
06-26-2010, 08:40 PM
No idea. I don't remember seeing him anywhere else though. Mind giving me the specifics as to where he spawns? I could just check it out with the SDK and see what the deal is.

Ben.EEeee
06-27-2010, 01:38 AM

He will appear in Area 51 as long as the "(sic)Simons is dead" flag isn't activated.

That means, as long as he wasn't killed in the underwater base, even if he did not respawn, you'll see him again in Area 51.

He appears out of the hanger in Area 51.

wexer9
06-27-2010, 06:49 AM
I remember him appearing near a small building in close proximity to the hanger in Area 51.

Ben.EEeee
06-27-2010, 11:27 PM
When he spawns he's scripted to run straight to you. I'm not sure exactly where he spawns but near that small building he comes up from behind me - and from the hanger he runs towards me.

So it's a hunch but I'm guessing he spawns from within the hanger.