PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV screen shake - anti piracy on legit version?

ymtisd
04-03-2010, 08:31 PM
I just got this problem a couple days ago. After about 5 minutes of playing, my screen starts to shake like Niko is drunk, but he is not stumbling or anything. I get in a car and it starts accelerating by itself, and black smoke appears.

I googled my problem and found out it is an anti-piracy measure Rockstar put in for those who did not buy the game. But the thing is, I DID purchase the game, through Steam. You can see my list of games here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ymtisd/games?tab=all

IV is clearly on there. I do not understand why this occurs when I clearly purchased the game.

Does this also happen to anyone else who has the Steam version of the game?

Please let me know of a solution that does not involve reinstalling the game, or downloading a third party patch; I really do not want to redownload 15 GB, as my internet speed is not the greatest.

Once again, to clarify, this is NOT a cracked version of the game, for those of you who did not read the whole post; this is a legit Steam version, I even have the CD key.

Thanks in advance

RedDragon513
04-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Try to verify the game cache.

Do you have any cheats/mods installed?

ymtisd
04-04-2010, 02:24 AM
1. Yes I've tried this but it doesn't solve the problem.

2. No, all of my files are original, downloaded through Steam.

RedDragon513
04-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Any emulation software installed on your PC?
The steam version of GTAIV does still use SecuROM...

Maybe you could try to delete all .exe files from Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV\ and verify game cache again.

Alternate you could start the game over LaunchGTAIV.exe instead of Steam/Social Club and if that also doesn't help you could install "xliveless" which deactivates the file check and the shaking camera but also disables multiplayer.

ymtisd
04-04-2010, 09:41 PM
I tried the second method, launching from LaunchGTAIV.exe, and the problem seemed to be fixed. The problem seems to have disappeared now; I launched it from Social Club and no problems. I'll post again if the problem appears again.

Thanks for the help.