PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between the two rocket launchers?

Z Overlord
04-04-2010, 12:12 AM
RPG and that other thing...

And the default engie rifle and the SCAR? And do those stuff like tank armor upgrade, missiles, etc effect the tank if you're a passenger or only the driver?

Convoy Caboose
04-04-2010, 12:16 AM
The RPG does plenty of damage to vehicles, but only damages infantry on a near-direct hit because the splash radius is small. Carl "I ♥♥♥♥ infantry" Gustav, on the other hand, deals less damage to tanks but has a big splash radius. I can't answer your questions about the guns or specializations though, I'm not a big Engineer player.

Sincere It Is
04-04-2010, 12:19 AM
The RPG flies slower and has a greater arc to it. The Carl Gustav flies faster and has less of an arc. The RPG does more damage to vehicles than the Carl Gustav. The Carl Gustav does more damage to infantry than the RPG.

The Scar-H is pretty much the Engineer's default weapon except with a larger magazine.

Kashchey
04-04-2010, 12:20 AM
http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

Kommodore
04-04-2010, 12:21 AM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8649/boomv.png

Juice-WSA
04-04-2010, 12:25 AM
The AT4 is a guided munition and does the most damage to vehicles. The bad thing is that you need to guide it. You'll be at risk.

The Carl can be guided to a vehicle or soft target via the tracer dart by anyone on your team, including yourself, but it does less damage to armored targets.

The good ol' rpg-7 hits vehicles plenty hard, can follow a tracer dart (providing you know how it works) and is the weapon of choice by anti-vehicle players.

So now... you must choose, young grasshopper.

vanderown
04-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Note that you will still be destroying vehicles left and right with the CG, but you will NOT be destroying infantry with the AT4 or RPG, as well as the CG being considerably easier to use than the RPG because of the abovementioned higher speed and less drop.

Juice-WSA
04-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Note that you will still be destroying vehicles left and right with the CG, but you will NOT be destroying infantry with the AT4 or RPG, as well as the CG being considerably easier to use than the RPG because of the abovementioned higher speed and less drop.

So, if you are a cg noob and never fired your rocket launcher in anger at a vehicle - then you'll probably want to stick with the Gustav.

I have headshot plenty of infantry with my AT4, or RPG-7 for that matter... when I was completly out of ammo... but more often than not I've tracer darted the last guy standing between his eyes and then stabbed him in the head.

Or told the squad on TS3 that I'm out of ammo... I'm running across the front line... kill all those that kill me and defend the objective... I'll be right back.

vanderown
04-04-2010, 12:43 AM
That'd be about right. It's more versatile than the other two rocket launchers and it's much easier to use. That's why everyone and their dog run around with it playing Engineer solely through explosive capacity and explosive damage CG sniping.