PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore

Sincere It Is
04-04-2010, 01:43 AM
I like to play hardcore and I'm not afraid to say it. You can keep telling me hardcore is for "noobs" or sissies and tell me I am worse than you while I continue to enjoy my game. :)

Kewp
04-04-2010, 01:52 AM
good stuff

Saint_Mara
04-04-2010, 02:02 AM
I play nothing but sqdm hc. Its the best thing in this game.

Kommodore
04-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Yeah I dont get why HC is attacked for being for noobs on here so often, CoD it was always the harder mode requiring better aim, faster reaction times, more use of cover and teamwork. I guess we have to bash CoD and HC was a popular mode from that game. I play nothing but HC rush on a few of my local servers, usually medic or assualt, engineer or recon only when needed.

Gazpacho
04-04-2010, 02:59 AM
I like to play hardcore and I'm not afraid to say it. You can keep telling me hardcore is for "noobs" or sissies and tell me I am worse than you while I continue to enjoy my game. :)

I find sir, that a bit of gin helps calm the nerves and aids in ones ability to weather the inept slights of our "esteemed" brothers who reside solely in the normal range.

boomer456
04-04-2010, 03:07 AM
Dquad Deathmatch is by far the best mode....

Arica Harbor
White Pass

are legit...

Fartinabottle
04-04-2010, 03:08 AM
who cares ? Hardcore and Normal mode are just 2 different modes of play neither or takes anymore skill then the other and I wish all the mouth breathers around here would drop the whole thing.

solidus90
04-04-2010, 03:50 AM
Yeah I dont get why HC is attacked for being for noobs on here so often, CoD it was always the harder mode requiring better aim, faster reaction times, more use of cover and teamwork. I guess we have to bash CoD and HC was a popular mode from that game.

no, in cod walls do not crumble and there is suitable cover around you. grenades can be cooked and travel faster when thrown. also 3 bullets are usually enough to kill you (in bc2 4 is required). in cod hc you generally have to think smarter, in bc2 you dont have to think any smarter just keep doing what you would normally do in regular bc (which most people do is spam recon and m203/gustavs).

beasides hardcore modes in a game is just a gimmick, no real thought of development goes in it, they just remove the hud, mini map, some health and boost damage.

KittyMoo
04-04-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't have anything against people that enjoy hardcore. It's just not to my taste most of the time and I really wish there was a filter for it in the server browser. :(

I'm really starting to hate BC2s server browser.

Kalabalana
04-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I don't have anything against people that enjoy hardcore. It's just not to my taste most of the time and I really wish there was a filter for it in the server browser. :(

I'm really starting to hate BC2s server browser.

Agreed, a hardcore filter is required I believe. For both sides.

Generally there's not too many players who skirt the border between the two game modes, people usually play one or the other, and the server browser should account for that.

TOM795
04-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Just got done playing some hardcore on a friends server and was reassured as to why I hate it so much:

4-6 people on the other team on Inocentes just camping and sniping from behind rocks way back from the spawn area. This happens in non-HC as well but these garbage snipers were able to get a decent amount of kills because it's a 1 shot kill anywhere. When I actually switched to sniper and counter sniped them it was basically free kills because they were so awful. Needless to say, their team quickly lost from having 1/3 of the team doing nothing but camping and not helping the team at all.

I know the whole 'camp to lose' story happens in non-HC all the time as well, but snipers that were completely awful were suddenly made decent just from playing on HC. Even more of an incentive for people to camp-snipe with how easy the kills are.

I really hope the camp-sniping teams taper off over time because it completely ruins the game, no matter which side you're on. You're either getting easy kills and bored out of your mind or getting destroy because your team of snipers is useless to attack (sometimes defend) objectives.

And I think a hardcore filter exists, it's labeled 'tactical'.

Kalabalana
04-04-2010, 12:05 PM
'tactical' I'll look for that then. Is it under a drop down menu? I don't see a radio box for it.?

Guhn.E
04-04-2010, 12:09 PM
To be honest, I don't care if someone plays Hardcore or not
It's the "OMG Hardcore/Normalcore is soooo pwn and anyone not playing it is a noob" crap that annoys me

I say play whatever you want to, just put your teammates and winning the match above your KDR

Shai`tan
04-04-2010, 02:12 PM
The game, or games in general are not and have never been the problem. The moral fibre and lackthereof... of the average gamer these days.... is where everything falls short.

I have gamed for many years, and back in the days of R6 and DF 2 etc etc etc, you`d prolly find 1, maybe 2 azzhats in a server. Now? Most gamers fall into the category. Most, not all. I have never heard the term nOOb, or so much smack being handed around as I have in the last 5 years.

Another good 1 is seeing peeps I know who are good/decent players getting banned for hacking by admins.. We only play PunkBuster enabled games btw. I think if more games offered co op against the A.I., I`d prolly go play them instead.

Beezy
04-04-2010, 02:26 PM

You came from MW2, didn't you?

Don't worry. You'll make the full transition eventually.

Teamkillexpert
04-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I'd like to have minimap and auto heal in HC, then I would play it all the time.

ZeroDarkHundred
04-04-2010, 02:55 PM
noobcore for gamers unable to adjust to having to have a heightened battlefield awareness. It's what makes Battlefield games different than the majority of other games. You're required to have situational awareness and not rely on the age old noob "if I camp I can shoot people in the back" SOP.

Noobcore breaks the game in so many ways you may as well play another FPS instead .

Overt.Enemy
04-04-2010, 02:58 PM

Who keeps saying hardcore is for noobs? If anything it's the only game in town.

shotbirds
04-04-2010, 04:06 PM

squad deathmatch is terribly boring

wasteful
04-04-2010, 04:12 PM
i'd just like to chime in that a filter for hardcore mode on the server browser would be excellent, so that i can filter them out.

vctr
04-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah I dont get why HC is attacked for being for noobs on here so often, CoD it was always the harder mode requiring better aim, faster reaction times, more use of cover and teamwork. I guess we have to bash CoD and HC was a popular mode from that game. I play nothing but HC rush on a few of my local servers, usually medic or assualt, engineer or recon only when needed.

Rofl CoD HC was harder then normal? I played mainly normal in CoD and usually was in the top few in the leader boards, every time I joined a HC server by mistake I absolutely DECIMATED everyone. HC doesnt require more aim, normal does. HC only requires fast reflexes...

Caliostro
04-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Yeah I dont get why HC is attacked for being for noobs on here so often, CoD it was always the harder mode requiring better aim, faster reaction times, more use of cover and teamwork. I guess we have to bash CoD and HC was a popular mode from that game.

No. It's because, objectively it's a way more noob-friendly mode...

- Near instant kills mean it comes down to who ganks who. First person to see someone else, usually from behind, wins. This isn't skill, this is luck. You have no way of knowing where people you can't see are. Whether or not you'll run into them (or them into you) is a variable you can not control and, thus, is luck.

- The insta-gib also means you can miss a lot. You only need 1 to 3 shots from most guns, so even if you miss half of your spray you can generally kill people before they can react... Or even by sheer luck.

- The insta-gib also means people see themselves forced to camp, because moving is dangerous (due to the aforementioned "who ganks who"-based gameplay). Camping slows down the game to a bloody crawl...

- The lack of a killcam reinforces the aforementioned camping behavior. The "killcam" was added to prevent people from camping a dark corner killing people before they could tell what the ♥♥♥♥. Yes, I know it's not realistic, but realism can FOAD.

A semi-decent player with instagib capacity, infinite or very high ammo count (assault player or normal players picking extra ammo spec), sitting in a good "hideyhole" without any kind of spotting or killcam is damn near untouchable except for sheer absurd luck of people randomly looking in their direction.

- The lack of a hud is annoying... The lack of a map showing your team mates is annoying, the lack of even the most basic knowledge you WOULD have in real life (like, how many ammo clips I have left), and the lack of spotting (along with the lack of seeing your team mates) is annoying and makes it harder to have team work.

In sum, Hardcore is generally a spray-and-pray camp-fest... Which isn't what most people are looking for...

THAT said, if you enjoy it, good for you. You play what you like, I play what I like, and we'll both be happy.

Sincere It Is
04-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Who keeps saying hardcore is for noobs? If anything it's the only game in town.

Read the post above you. ;)

Burbots Revenge
04-04-2010, 06:02 PM
In my opinion HC mode is for noobs and sissies.
And i realy think your are worse than me in playing.

FreeCandyInVan
04-04-2010, 06:07 PM
I would like normal BC2 with more HC like damage.

Tabbee
04-04-2010, 06:24 PM
HC does make sniping stupidly easy.. since you cant get killed by other kits if you stay far away, the extra damage taken doesnt matter. You can just shoot at people's legs instead of having to lead and account for bullet drop for a head shot..

Also HC in an objective mode is aweful. The health in BF games is so high because you have to focus on objectives instead of killing eachother. 4 people going in an M-COM station should not be able to get quad-sprayed by a single person.

Menace
04-04-2010, 06:38 PM
HC is good for a change of style, better when FF is on. This way there is far less spamming of grenades,40mm and rockets as people wont want to be killing their Teammates. Downside, rush becomes slightly harder as when the MCom is charged and the enemy spam it there is basically no chance of stopping it.

Overall it does prevent alot of explosive spam.

Nalle
04-04-2010, 08:48 PM

Playing HC -> jump around and fire full auto from the hip = random hit(?) = kill = "better aim" = skilled profit?

Beezy
04-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I would like normal BC2 with more HC like damage.

So you want your crosshair, map, spotting, HUD, etc.

And you just want to kill things in one shot?

That definitely wouldn't be "noob mode".

Danne89
04-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Squad Deathmatch <3 Normal or Hardcore does not matter!

jlambvo
04-07-2010, 02:50 AM
No. It's because, objectively it's a way more noob-friendly mode...

- Near instant kills mean it comes down to who ganks who. First person to see someone else, usually from behind, wins. This isn't skill, this is luck. You have no way of knowing where people you can't see are. Whether or not you'll run into them (or them into you) is a variable you can not control and, thus, is luck.

Um, not.. no not really. If you sprint around aimlessly, then yes. If you pay attention to where team mates are, where the action is, who is controlling what objectives, and numerous other factors, you can reasonably determine likely zones where opposing team members may appear and keep your guard up.

It's more about cataloging the battle space in your head and making determinations about positioning and movement strategy to set up conditions in your favor when shots are actually exchanged. Less about an artificially extended technical performance when you happen to bump into someone, which in non-HC basically negates any tactical or strategic superiority.

- The insta-gib also means you can miss a lot. You only need 1 to 3 shots from most guns, so even if you miss half of your spray you can generally kill people before they can react... Or even by sheer luck.

The horrible synchronization between clients is the biggest villain here. Even with latency of 100ms or less, I'll get a face full of lead before an enemy's character model even comes around the corner on my end.

- The insta-gib also means people see themselves forced to camp, because moving is dangerous (due to the aforementioned "who ganks who"-based gameplay). Camping slows down the game to a bloody crawl...

Recon sissies do just sit around trying to look l337 it seems, but they are a whole bag of cans of worms in HC....

- The lack of a killcam reinforces the aforementioned camping behavior. The "killcam" was added to prevent people from camping a dark corner killing people before they could tell what the ♥♥♥♥. Yes, I know it's not realistic, but realism can FOAD.

A semi-decent player with instagib capacity, infinite or very high ammo count (assault player or normal players picking extra ammo spec), sitting in a good "hideyhole" without any kind of spotting or killcam is damn near untouchable except for sheer absurd luck of people randomly looking in their direction.

See above regarding "Randomly looking," as there are numerous cues you can take to determining where shots are coming from. If anything its absurdly easy to follow tracer fire and flyby sounds to their source.

That said, what DOES encourage that behavior is the silly hit indicator you get. Things would likely be very different if you couldn't gauge your blind fire effectiveness.

- The lack of a hud is annoying... The lack of a map showing your team mates is annoying, the lack of even the most basic knowledge you WOULD have in real life (like, how many ammo clips I have left), and the lack of spotting (along with the lack of seeing your team mates) is annoying and makes it harder to have team work.

You can pop a map open at any time. I have it bound to my thumb button and use it all the time. Don't have any problem remembering roughly how much ammo or other items I have either, though I don't disagree that a counter for that stuff would be inappropriate.