PDA

View Full Version : Bloodlines Revival!

d34thkni78t
04-04-2010, 01:33 AM
The main focus is on getting the actual Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines game into the latest source engine.

Things look like there going well. Here is a couple of clips i found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYuDYgRf5fo
http://www.wegame.com/watch/santa-monica-apartments-demo/

This is the main Page.
http://forums.thedaedalus.net/

skacikplz
04-05-2010, 01:23 PM
hell , i've even tryied something myself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzVS_n80xq4&feature=player_embedded

i just really doubt it can be legally released

BoneofFear
06-05-2010, 12:56 PM
i just really doubt it can be legally released
It can,You need to have the game first or else their program won't work.All that their doing is releasing a program that just converts everything from the game from the old Source engine to the OB Source engine.It's the same thing as Dot's (..:.: ) from the Unreal Community brought Unreal Gold (plus the beta maps that were never released for Unreal or RTNP) to UT2004.Not to mention,Torika's Out of business and Activision....really doesn't give a ♥♥♥♥ about the VTM license anymore.And if they did,then why would they continue to let Wesp5 make the Unofficial Patches?

sparks454alive
06-06-2010, 01:42 PM
As a MOD only, anybody can distribute this.
As long as no MONEY(currency) is exchanged.

Zenoseiya
06-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Personally, I think this is a good thing, since VTMB is fundamentally flawed and converting it to the proper Source engine will fix the horrendous engine bugs. Let's hope they'll make the requisite bugfixes themselves so I don't have to waste time downloading an unofficial or true or whatever patch just to play through a game I paid for. It better support the Steam version too, or I'll be really angry.

Shadow_Man_PW
06-08-2010, 11:00 AM
You know most days I come onto a forum I see something that makes me lose a bit more faith in humanity. Then I see something like this and it comes rushing back to me :)

I can't believe (don't believe it, it's too good to be true) that this is going to happen. I've been playing for the last few days and was thinking how much I wish I had any kind of programming/engine knowledge so I could update the game to the newest engine then I see this! :)

Thank you to the devs :)

Mr_Twister_242
06-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Interesting project, there's a new video too which has a nice suprise : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4__vK1eCHXs

Pooeypants
06-15-2010, 06:02 AM
Are the developers of this mod going to cooperate with Wesp to include the fixes already made?

Wesp5
06-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Are the developers of this mod going to cooperate with Wesp to include the fixes already made?

I hope so. At the moment though they are doing only basic map transition stuff and haven't contacted me yet.

Zenoseiya
06-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Only as long as the changes aren't too extensive, in my opinion. I've heard some flack directed at the Unofficial Patch, and I'd still like to be able to use my copy of the Vampire: Bloodlines Unofficial Strategy Guide and the Gamebanshee Walkthrough with the game.

Wesp5
06-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Only as long as the changes aren't too extensive, in my opinion.

The unofficial patch comes in two flavors: Basic and Plus. Basic doesn't change much gameplay related so all your strategy guides and walkthroughs will work fine. Plus restores several cut features like a new discipline, new occult powerups and more. Even if the revival project doesn't want to include this, there a a lot of level based fixes already in the Basic unofficial patch and not including them while rebuilding the levels would be stupid.

markcocjin
06-24-2010, 06:13 PM
I'd like to suggest something that I've mentioned earlier on in the forums.

Maybe we can have a running beta of the models and their animation even without the finished maps yet. Just try out the fight mechanic with the latest effects and models.

We do this my simply making a deathmatch map rigged to run the various abilities and skills of the original game. I've no idea how to do this but maybe you can use something like Left 4 Dead 2 as a mod base?

L4D2 SDK sounds better than the OB SDK right?

Arandie
06-26-2010, 01:28 PM
L4D2 SDK sounds better than the OB SDK right?

Not really, the Orange Box used Source 2007 when it was released and has been since updated -mainly because of the Mac release- to the L4D/L4D2 version of Source. They're the same really, and using L4D2 over The Orange Box would cut out quite a few potential users.

Zenoseiya
07-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Is there anyone here with modding experience? The Revival team needs all the help they can get, or else this project will never get off the ground.

NightLight
07-14-2010, 01:30 PM
I tried fiddling around with the CryEngine, but never with Source engine. I really want this project to move forward and finally got released as an either full mod or total conversion. Those screen sneak-peek looked AWESOME!

I wish there are developers out there wanting to pick up the license and make another Vampire games. Damn True Blood series!!!

markcocjin
07-16-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm still betting on getting the fight mechanic on an arena map as the best move to see if this thing is fun or at least functional. I wish at least one of the original devs were reading this thread. Does anybody know if they're still interested in their past work?

Adveloq
07-21-2010, 03:33 AM
I'd like to point out that in 2006 white wolf publishing (the guys behind the RPG behind Vampire:The Masquerade - Bloodlines) merged with CCP Games, and they are making a MMORPG set in the world of darkness as presented by white wolf.
http://www.ccpgames.com/en/products/world-of-darkness/world-of-darkness-developed-in-georgia.aspx

Just thought you guys might find it interesting, they are making progress on the engine and I think in maybe 1-2 years there will be a game.

Saulot
08-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm just curious did anything ever happen with this Revival thing or did they give up on it?

Oni Gryphon
08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm just curious did anything ever happen with this Revival thing or did they give up on it?

I myself am a bit curious. I'd suspect they're hard at work on it and probably won't report back until they have something pretty good to show off.

azreil1
08-10-2010, 03:42 PM
so how much of a difference will this make to the game?
Im crap at spotting differneces just from the trailer lol.

Oni Gryphon
08-10-2010, 03:56 PM
so how much of a difference will this make to the game?
Im crap at spotting differneces just from the trailer lol.

Well, this mod team is migrating the game to the most current version of the source engine, thus alleviating many, many engine problems that the version the game was built on suffers from now.

Saulot
08-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah but haven't they been saying that for like three years? I remember Tessera once posting something on his old board where he said it was probably impossible because of something to do with the animated models and the Revival guys were taking the wrong approach. I wish I could remember the details of the post but I forgot, sorry.

Oni Gryphon
08-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah but haven't they been saying that for like three years? I remember Tessera once posting something on his old board where he said it was probably impossible because of something to do with the animated models and the Revival guys were taking the wrong approach. I wish I could remember the details of the post but I forgot, sorry.

I've never heard of this project until recently, so I can't speak to what they've tried in the past. Though, if there's a way to do it and do it right, then I'm all for it.

mulander
08-01-2011, 06:13 AM
I hate to be the gravedigger here but I'm really interested if this 'Revival' project lost steam or is in hibernation mode.

Anyone contacted the team working on this and got a status update? With the recent sale and regained interest in the title I think it would be easier to get more people involved.

Wesp5
08-01-2011, 06:50 AM
Anyone contacted the team working on this and got a status update?

The last thing I heard was that they are looking for a coder to do the actual programming. There is another project going on, trying to remake Bloodlines in the UDK, although they might switch to the CryEngine soon. Again, I fear that recreating levels and models is only half of it and they misjudge how huge the game actually is!

WackyWabby
08-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Go http://forum.bloodlinesresurgence.com/showthread.php?tid=1299&pid=3274#pid3274 for the status update.

mulander
08-01-2011, 06:57 AM
I am a programmer and could help with the actual coding - no modding experience though :(

I think remaking the game in UDK and CryEngine is an amazing amount of work. Updating the original engine to a newer version at least gives a higher chance of reuse for many components without introducing too many problems.

Is there any reliable way to contact the Revival mod authors?

Also, as far as the UP goes - I didn't find a guide on 'how to contribute' to your work. If you are open to any help of course.

By the way, thanks for the amount of work you are putting into this. I just bought the game on Saturday and spent 19 hours in 2 sittings - no problems so far.

Wesp5
08-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Updating the original engine to a newer version at least gives a higher chance of reuse for many components without introducing too many problems.

I agree, at least the maps and models could be converted. I don't think I have ever seen a facial animation similarily to Bloodlines in both Unreal or CryEngine games.

Is there any reliable way to contact the Revival mod authors?

Check the link posted above.

Also, as far as the UP goes - I didn't find a guide on 'how to contribute' to your work. If you are open to any help of course.

If you find a bug, just report it here. That's usually all of the help I need! Unless you can retro-engineer the executables to fix all the stuff that can't be done right now ;).