PDA

View Full Version : The exact thing the game needs, VOIP

chokke
04-04-2010, 04:38 AM
I have been enjoying the game really much, but can't really be bothered to much to read and write in chat half the round so with most of our teammembers doing that, there isn't to much tactics in the rounds but rather a clusterfudge which is not to enjoyable for my part.
So on some servers, they have a public teamspeak/VT/mumble which brings the game to a new level.
Now, I don't know if it's planned in a later patch to add this, but if it isn't t should be. Two ingame channels, one for your team, and one for your role (such as archer, infantry and cavalery).
Thank you.

chokke
04-07-2010, 05:25 AM
Bamp?
What other way can attackers coordinate an attack from back door on castle 3? :p

shadowdragon970
04-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Yeah, games are really quite, I don't like it much.

AeneasXI
04-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Thats always the problem with VOIP on public servers. You get alot of trolls just spamming bullcrap into the microphone and most ppl will not know how to mute properly so this would get annoying for many ppl thus destroying the game.

We are probably better off without VOIP to be honest, but it sure would be nice...

D'Normal
04-07-2010, 11:59 AM
VOIP yeah, would be so nice!

I wonder when people will actually start recruiting on here for clans when they really want to get started with tactics... PCWs on Warband?! Hell yeah! I sure am up for that :cool:

chokke
04-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Thats always the problem with VOIP on public servers. You get alot of trolls just spamming bullcrap into the microphone and most ppl will not know how to mute properly so this would get annoying for many ppl thus destroying the game.

We are probably better off without VOIP to be honest, but it sure would be nice...

They would eventually had their serial banned from many server etc etc.
And to be fair, I look on the community in this game to be more mature then the avarage CS-server, so I honestly think it would bring more joy to the world.

AeneasXI
04-07-2010, 04:51 PM
They would eventually had their serial banned from many server etc etc.
And to be fair, I look on the community in this game to be more mature then the avarage CS-server, so I honestly think it would bring more joy to the world.

Also lets see it that way. We are in medieval times. I dont see a walkie talkie on the castle wall do you? :D

chokke
04-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Also lets see it that way. We are in medieval times. I dont see a walkie talkie on the castle wall do you? :D

I don't think you got 1000 gold to spend on (cheap) equipment when you died, and that sieged were issued with a maximum of 32 on each team, nor that they were able to talk to each other through a chat.
Can add that the siegwagon needs to be pushed to be moved, not walked next to by one shielded up fellah.
Not to mention the ladders and how they raise by staring at them for 4 seconds and they magically go up. Same with opening gate.
And to capture the castle you need to stand in the courtyard for like 30 seconds to let the flag automaticly sink by itself.

You see where I am going with this?

WE NEED VOIP!

Da-V-Man
04-08-2010, 06:40 PM
I think VOIP would be beneficial to the game. In fact, already there is a mute section to stop people from spamming the text. I'm sure they would add VOIP support for that.

AeneasXI
04-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I don't think you got 1000 gold to spend on (cheap) equipment when you died, and that sieged were issued with a maximum of 32 on each team, nor that they were able to talk to each other through a chat.
Can add that the siegwagon needs to be pushed to be moved, not walked next to by one shielded up fellah.
Not to mention the ladders and how they raise by staring at them for 4 seconds and they magically go up. Same with opening gate.
And to capture the castle you need to stand in the courtyard for like 30 seconds to let the flag automaticly sink by itself.

You see where I am going with this?

WE NEED VOIP!

All this proves nothing! What you are describing are mechanics for real stuff. starring at the ladder to higher it - a mechanic. Still there were ladders in the medieval times ;) 32 player max for a siege is not true since the respawns that simulate a constant strain of troops attacking the castle. Also whats the problem with the flag? Would you like to automatically Win after you got into the castle? :S But Voip would be the ingame mechanic for a walkie talkie and that wasnt there :P See where I am going?

But i really wouldnt mind to see VOIP
Go integrate it since I know how to mute ^^

chokke
04-09-2010, 06:10 AM
All this proves nothing! What you are describing are mechanics for real stuff. starring at the ladder to higher it - a mechanic. Still there were ladders in the medieval times ;) 32 player max for a siege is not true since the respawns that simulate a constant strain of troops attacking the castle. Also whats the problem with the flag? Would you like to automatically Win after you got into the castle? :S But Voip would be the ingame mechanic for a walkie talkie and that wasnt there :P See where I am going?

But i really wouldnt mind to see VOIP
Go integrate it since I know how to mute ^^

I take it the medivel ages were famous for their instant spawn of people and horses.
Stop beeing a wiseass and enjoy the game, 100 % realism exists nowhere outside RL.
Voip, or at least a raidleader or something, someone to give order and not have to spam partychat that few people read.