PDA

View Full Version : Crysis has simply stopped working

OurSacrifice
04-04-2010, 06:12 AM
So I bought a new video card, and got it installed on Friday (ATi 5870). Was playing around with the game, finally experiencing it on higher detail settings and having a good time.

Well, when I quit playing at the time, the game crashed my PC upon exit. So I rebooted, did a proper shutdown, and didn't think anything more about it.

Yesterday I tried launching Crysis again and it just gives me the "This program has stopped working" dialog box. It happens every time I launch the game. So last night I uninstalled the game, and downloaded all the files again. This morning I'm still getting the exact same problem.

Nothing else on the PC seems to have been hurt by whatever is causing Crysis to simply not run.

Anyone have any ideas?

LegendaryDread
04-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Delete the directory (or at least the savegames folder) at:

C:\Users\<UsernameHere>\Documents\My Games\Crysis

It's likely that the crash was originally caused by a corrupted save, or profile entry.

stealth123734
04-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Is a strange one.

Update your video drivers from the link

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Would need more details from you

-Systems specs
-Crysis or Warhead
-Steam game or from CD
-Did you play the game before and then got new video card?

Lets see what this info brings.

stealth123734
04-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Delete the directory (or at least the savegames folder) at:

C:\Users\<UsernameHere>\Documents\My Games\Crysis

It's likely that the crash was originally caused by a corrupted save, or profile entry.

A good point but at least it would start loading, OP cant even launch game it seems.

LegendaryDread
04-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Crysis won't launch unless all of the savegames are intact; it pre-loads these to assemble the "load game" menu. I've had the problem many times before, due to the immortal "DX10 Reckoning" bug :D Usually just deleting the most recent checkpoint clears it up.

stealth123734
04-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Crysis won't launch unless all of the savegames are intact; it pre-loads these to assemble the "load game" menu. I've had the problem many times before, due to the immortal "DX10 Reckoning" bug :D Usually just deleting the most recent checkpoint clears it up.

Ok it was a few years back when I originally had this problem, however I could start up the game and play it but it froze.

Lets hope OP can get it sorted, either way. :)

I downloaded saved games because I had finished the game already and no way I was going to start from scratch. I played the SP countless times over after that though.

OurSacrifice
04-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Thank you for the suggestions. After deleting the folder I was able to launch the game - but while setting up my options again the game locked up (again).

I guess it's just not supposed to happen, so I've just called it quits and removed the files from my HDD. :(

stealth123734
04-04-2010, 10:46 AM
well try a saved game from here...delete all files from your saved game folder

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=13946

We all have these problems, just got to fight for it, if you give up now you will never be happy that you tried.

Please tell me this will work...if so LegendaryDread deserves some rep, please give me an excuse to give him some. ;)

L.o.D.
04-06-2010, 07:45 AM

I have had a bad save & the game launched fine.
I used to get crashes as well & it was due to the profile folder & not the save games folder.