PDA

View Full Version : Economy and state of towns/villages

Original182
04-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Hey all,

I'm day 300+ into the game, and I notice that most of the towns are poor. I'm not talking about villages. I'm talking about the big towns. I find this baffling because in the original Mount&Blade, towns can have Very Rich prosperity effortlessly.

Does anyone know how to improve Town or Village prosperity?
Does it have anything to do with the item shortages that the Guild Master tells you?

shadowdragon970
04-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey all,

I'm day 300+ into the game, and I notice that most of the towns are poor. I'm not talking about villages. I'm talking about the big towns. I find this baffling because in the original Mount&Blade, towns can have Very Rich prosperity effortlessly.

Does anyone know how to improve Town or Village prosperity?
Does it have anything to do with the item shortages that the Guild Master tells you?

Its all about caravans/conquest, as far as I know. Basically, when caravans get raided, that wealth is lost and the town suffers. Likewise, if the town finds itself under attack too much it will suffer. Thus, the only towns that can become truly rich are the ones that are both safe and accessible, and that takes a long time.

Taxes may also have something to do with it, but you can't control that. Yet, anyway.

ACrazyGerman
04-04-2010, 12:48 PM
You have to build all the improvements do guildmaster quests and insure every thing is well protected.

Original182
04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the replies.

So there is nothing I the player can do about it?

For the Rich towns in your games, does the guild master still tell you there are item shortages?

How about villages? Are their prosperity tied to the town prosperity? Meaning a village will never become average or rich if the town is poor?

If you all don't know the answer to that, I would like to find out. Because there must be a reason why they made the guild master tell you what item shortages there are. They even put the number, so maybe something can be done about it.

Original182
04-04-2010, 10:31 PM
And I think I'm the only one who cares about the first village I get, and want it to grow and prosper. I wish there were more options to help your village.

Delphidelion
04-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah, something like training them to help fend off looters and bandits naturally, as opposed to making it a quest. Maybe a training feild? Or how about managing the efforts of the population, like agriculture or tradeskills. I would also like to be able to specify caravan routes.

Original182
04-05-2010, 12:51 AM
One thing I noticed is that when you talk to the villagers about their village in M&B1, they will tell you what their village is producing.

In Warband, they will tell you they are "not producing much these days". Does that mean there is an option to tell them what to produce? I wish there was such an option.

shadowdragon970
04-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the replies.

So there is nothing I the player can do about it?

For the Rich towns in your games, does the guild master still tell you there are item shortages?

How about villages? Are their prosperity tied to the town prosperity? Meaning a village will never become average or rich if the town is poor?

The player can do things if he owns said town/village, just not much.

Never heard the guildmaster say that in a rich town, but I don't talk to 'em much.

Villages can be rich if the town is moderate or poor, but it usually only happens if you control a village but not the town.

beandersen
04-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Where is this guildmaster everyone talk about ? is he in Warband ?

Nikhmar
04-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Guild master is in every major town you see in the game. Meaning those big towns like Sargots, Jelkala, Dhirim, Halmar, Tulga etc.

You must choose the "Take a walk around the streets"-option, then you search for the guild master. He's the leader of the "people" of the town and he offers you information and jobs like protecting a caravan, getting rid of bandits and so on. Just search for him in towns, he usually stands around one place all the time and looks like a regular townsman.

Validuz
04-05-2010, 05:39 PM
was just about to post a question about economy upgrades or what'ev...
i got 4 towns a castle and a 'capitol city'

two of my towns love me (50+ reputation or what'ev u can call it)
one is somewhere in the mid (5-10 rep)
and one just downright hates me (-45)
i like to take care of my towns that likes me and just plain ignore the ones that dont:)

as for the castle and the 'capitol city'
the castle drains AAAAAAALL my money (got like 50 Knights and 40 guards and 30 Marksmen guarding it so the upkeep is insane) and the 'capitol city' gives me between 700-1000 a week... and id like to increase that by atleast the double if possible... im currently upgrading it with the msgr post and after that the prisontower(only possible upgrades:/ )

cheeeenywai.. i hope there will be some mediocre economy "micromanaging" where u can see what routes the caravans r taking and what resources they would need to grow faster etc...

Azated
04-07-2010, 08:40 AM
And I think I'm the only one who cares about the first village I get, and want it to grow and prosper. I wish there were more options to help your village.

I know what you mean.

When i got my first village (Tahlberl) when i became a vassal, i raided a few enemy towns and headed right down there with all my loot and cattle.

Had a look around, upgraded the mill and realized it was a waste of time giving all that free stuff to my guys.

I'd love to be able to take the cattle into the village, and when you give them free stuff, it should increase their prosperity.

Just forget all that village stuff for now, all it does is give you a few hundred denar every week.

Go kill people instead.

raken
04-07-2010, 10:10 AM
I haven't been able to hold on to anything in warband yet. My first fief was as close as possible to an enemy and was looted before I could even see it. Was awarded a castle, but three days later over 700 khergites came down on it. almost every single fief in the game has been looted, except for the last two game weeks. I am with swadia and we are somehow not at war with anyone, so its been pretty boring. I cant even find any bandits i can catch up with.