PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard Bug

luapsabian
04-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I know this issue has been talk about but...Last night I had my best round of barricade mode ever. 380million+...I got the collector achievement as well as boss killer and gut buster. When I died steam took my 3 achievements from the round but the leaderboards did not take my new score. I would have been sitting at rank 5 in barricade mode but I was denied.

On a side note... I noticed "counter blow" during barricade mode can bounce a boss through the back barricade failing the mission. And just now I had a boss zombie teleport into the barricade failing me. Please release the barricade updates soon!

P.S. I still love the game keep up the good work.

SpikedRocker
04-05-2010, 06:40 AM
The leaderboard bugs tend to stem from not connecting to steam correctly the first time. In the next update they plan to release where the game will try multiple times and if it fails after that a pop-up message will arise.

As far as the barricade issues, with the changes proposed in that mode (ie. zombies destroying them) this should become less an issue.

Granimal
04-06-2010, 01:08 PM
It does suck for him because I did witness it he was over here, and last night I had a 90 mill not post made me sad. But I love the game!

SnowBrigade
04-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Hello Granimal,

As SpikedRocker mentioned we're adding a new feature to the game which retries up to 3x to submit a leaderboard score if for some reason it fails to register with Steam.

I'm not sure why some players have no issue with registering highscores and others do, after all it's the same game, but I hope the automatic retry will prevent 99% of that happening.

And yes, barricade mode is very different in the new update, it's sort of halfway towards a tower defense style gameplay:)

luapsabian
04-08-2010, 02:56 AM
Any way we can keep the original barricade mode as a seperate mode?

ColdSeer
04-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Good question, Luapsabian.
It would be nice to still have the "old" Barricade Mode, since some players might just not like the new one, or just prefer the original one.

Fubllla
04-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Good question, Luapsabian.
It would be nice to still have the "old" Barricade Mode, since some players might just not like the new one, or just prefer the original one.

or love to have both :-)

luapsabian
04-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I'd love to see both barricade modes present after the update. Maybe the new barricade mode could have a different name? It might make the game more replay-able, to have both.

BrokenWombat
04-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Okay, I think I've got this figured out.

It's something to do with the "Last Breath" perk. A zombie breaks the barricade and you hear the "barricade broken" noise. However, you still have control of your character (you can still shoot and move around, etc). It takes you to the Game Over screen, but then you hear the "barricade broken" noise again and you lose control of your character. I'm not sure exactly what happens, but the two times I've had Last Breath on, it's done this and not taken my score. Just now I didn't take Last Breath at all, got about 420mil, and it took the score.

This is just a theory, so don't quote me on this.

ColdSeer
04-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Wow.
Nice detective skills!
Seriously, I don't think anyone would've noticed it has somenthing to do with the Last Breath perk so easily.
Thanks for telling us what the problem might be!

BrokenWombat
04-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Just had a discussion with luapsabian up there, and he said he had Last Breath on when he did his 1-billion run. Maybe this is just a "me" issue, or maybe SnowBrigade is right.

I guess just be wary of Last Breath on Barricade? Lol

SnowBrigade
04-12-2010, 03:24 AM
Hello BrokenWombat, +Rep for finding this. That could well be the reason why some scores weren't uploaded. We can just fix it in time for the update:)

Suru
04-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Hello BrokenWombat, +Rep for finding this. That could well be the reason why some scores weren't uploaded. We can just fix it in time for the update:)

Any ETA for that yet? :D *blush*

Granimal
04-12-2010, 01:37 PM
You knopw Wombat come to think of it I had that happen the last time a sscore didn't post just like you desribed it. Been staying away from it also and no unposted yet.

BrokenWombat
04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Haha, thanks, Snow.

As far as the new barricade mode, I wouldn't mind having the new mode as well as the original mode. Always good to have lots of content.

SnowBrigade
04-13-2010, 07:26 AM
Hello BrokenWombat,

Seems like everyone wants to keep the current Barricade level in addition to the new one:)

We'll add something that will allow you to play both;)

Granimal
04-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Now This is some more good news! I like the idea of keeping the old with the new also.

Fubllla
04-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Hello BrokenWombat,

Seems like everyone wants to keep the current Barricade level in addition to the new one:)

We'll add something that will allow you to play both;)

thanks,
old with bugfixes is even better :)

luapsabian
04-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Thank You Snow! You're the man! I cant wait for the update now.

BrokenWombat
04-13-2010, 08:47 PM
You rock, man, keep it up.