PDA

View Full Version : No Multiplayer Games Found

Outcome
04-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Had this problem since beta... No multiplayer games can be found. Refreshed a billion times... Turned off/bypassed all firewalls - hardware and software... still nothing.

This is a serious problem, and Taleworlds has yet to address my issue in their own forums. And I am not the only one that has posted about this issue.

I bought this game for multiplayer and I can't even play.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 if that matters.

superhit1000
04-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Make sure your pressing the find servers button not the refresh button.

Outcome
04-05-2010, 01:09 AM
Yea. When I said refreshed I meant I hit the find servers button not the refresh button. Sorry for the confusion.

I am 100% doing the right thing. This has to be a bug. Even reinstalled in case it was a bad download. Same thing.

superhit1000
04-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Make sure the servers your searching for is on "internet" not Favorites or Network.

Outcome
04-06-2010, 12:19 AM
I have been searching using "internet" in the selection box.

Outcome
04-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Wow really weak that I am not getting help from TaleWorlds on this issue.

Ekizel
04-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Same problem, really annoying.

AeneasXI
04-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Wow really weak that I am not getting help from TaleWorlds on this issue.

Developers seldomly read the Steam forums.
Go to the Taleworlds forum there you will be heard more likely. I do think that they read the steam forums but I don't think they are involved very actively...

Outcome
04-08-2010, 11:40 PM
I have been to their forums... TaleWorlds refuses to address my issue... Posted MULTIPLE times over the last few weeks... even went to their official bug reporting web app... no response. Not even an acknowledgment.

I'm about to request a refund since they obviously don't want to fix a problem. Very disappointed with their lack of support for this game so far. With the original M&B they were usually really good with support.

And if steam wont issue a refund for a game that is so bug ridden that it doesn't even work... I'll just reverse my credit card charge. Simple as that.

Getting fed up if you can't tell. Sorry for the rant.

Ardbug
04-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Outcome dont do charge backs on steam they will close your entire account, the DEVs are fixing bugs day in day out, we already had 3 patches wich is more than can be said about pretty much every AAA title released in the last years out there, and they are listening to everyone else so Im sure they have read your bug report, I doubt they are shunning you in particular on purpose.

If you have your old XP and an extra HD you could try installing warband on that.

I agree with you though, it sucks.

Outcome
04-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Seriously? They would do that? Wow. Then Steam REALLY needs to be revamped to allow for reversal charges for cases like this.

This is a legitimate concern that doesn't seem to be getting addressed. I reported the issue WAY back in beta.

It's been tried on two of my friends computers using the same internet connection... One on XP 32 bit and one on Vista 32 bit. It's just not working on some ISPs it seems... which means crappy code for their master server.

Outcome
04-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Update: it actually seems like the current thinking is that we users are all idiots and have not opened our firewalls.

So regardless if they have patched more than most companies... it really doesn't matter. In the end, a game was released with a bug that was reported on in beta... And it's not just any bug... but a 100% game breaker. Multiplayer in this game is broken for a good number of people.

Aeonus
04-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Update: it actually seems like the current thinking is that we users are all idiots and have not opened our firewalls.

So regardless if they have patched more than most companies... it really doesn't matter. In the end, a game was released with a bug that was reported on in beta... And it's not just any bug... but a 100% game breaker. Multiplayer in this game is broken for a good number of people.

Have you, though? Try disabling any personal firewall software and making sure the ports are open on your router.

As a last resort throw your computer on the DMZ to test.

I've seen this sort of issue before with Valve games (server browser not showing any servers) and it's always been my firewall.

Outcome
04-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Yea I've done it all... forwarded ports... even disabled and bypassed all firewalls (hardware and software). The port that needs to be forwarded according to TaleWorlds employees is 7240. Doesn't do a thing!

The current understanding is that it is something to do with the ISPs and the way the master server is pinged... meaning if you are on an ISP that it doesn't work on... tough luck... it just won't work.

Steam or TaleWorlds better be issuing refunds to those of us that are affected if they decide to not do anything. This bug has been known about for a month+

Outcome
04-18-2010, 01:53 AM
The latest update 1.111 DOES NOT FIX THIS ISSUE. This is ridiculous that a game is released which such crappy network code that half of us can't even see the server list.

jefequeso
04-21-2010, 11:45 AM
I have the exact same problem.

superhit1000
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Outcome have you tried lowering the "max_number_of_connections" number?