PDA

View Full Version : Bug when trying to close conversation screens at certain quests

Mircul
04-05-2010, 01:21 AM
When I get to certain quests, I simply cannot continue to converse with the questgiver and have to alt + f4 and restart the game in order to continue. I've tried several times but it stops on the same place every time.

[SPOILER]
This is the quest when I got my wife to make a robe (or something) to her brother so that he would stop working against me. When I deliver the ingredients to a lord, the game suddenly stops reacting to me clicking my mouse or my keyboard and locks on the conversation screen.

I also experienced the same roughly 10 days earlier (game time) when I wanted to team up with a noble NPC "to both our benefits". I simply couldn't accept that quest despite trying three times. What is worse is that I am currently on a quest given from my wife but is prevented from finishing it despite having as an option on the conversation menu to finish it. Then it moves on to the NPC commenting "I hope he will accept the gift and become you best friend" or something like that, but I can't advance. Had I been able to abandon the quest it would have been OK but that is impossible. And my wife won't give me anything other to do before I finish it. I feel so frustrated!
[Spoiler end]

Creds to Taleworld for making the first 100+ days of the game more or less without mayor bugs though. It seems I'll just have to wait for some patch to fix this issue.

This is altogether a very neat game! ;)

Nikhmar
04-05-2010, 02:50 AM
I got the same problem so you're not the only one. They'll fix it soon I hope. Just stay away from making gifts for people and you should be fine.

Mircul
04-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah, it seems I'll have to do that