PDA

View Full Version : Torchlight with new languages over Steam?

P3r0
04-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Hello,

the retail version from Torchlight is releasing tomorrow:
http://www.amazon.de/EuroVideo-Bildprogramm-GmbH-Torchlight/dp/B0038OMESG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1270479715&sr=8-1

In this version is german as a new language included.
I have a little question... is it possible to get the language files for german over the steam version, too? I know that exist a mod for german, but I think the official solution is a better way for me.

Thanks for ur help.

With best regards.
P3r0

felanoma
04-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Yes, it is! (at least is what i believe)
You even can change it to whatever some people has made.
There is a Spanish language pack, you may even find the german pack allready made by someone so you do not have to buy that retail you posted.
For more Info go to http://forums.runicgames.com/index.php?sid=6b78cadc989f079ce9662c60fd4c5602

Cheers!

P3r0
04-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks,
but I thought about an update to get other languages over steam.
That would be nice. There is a official translation for the retail version and I hope we can get this translation over steam with an update :)

The_Phantom_07
05-05-2010, 10:09 AM
I don't think, that the german language files are released over Steam. The retail version is published by JoWooD. Beside the german mod Fackelschein it exist a patch, which Torchlight translated in German (Text only - for all 1.15 versions)! When you will download the patch you must registrated (free) before. A new game should be started and all files under C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\runic games\torchlight (path for Win 7) should be deleted (don't forget backup). You can find the patch on Dede1 (google Dede1 - first entry)! It works!

pitman-87
10-14-2011, 04:05 PM
If you have the retail version too, but want to play this game in german (or another supported language) just replace these files from the retail to the steam directory:

translations folder
Pak.zip
CEGUIBase.dll
CEGUIExpatParser.dll
CEGUIFalagardWRBase.dll

Should work with other languages too.