PDA

View Full Version : Game not available?

devils_reject76
04-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Ok so I had to reistall windows, afterwards, I updated my comp. Then of course I reinstalled steam. I went to install both BFBC2 and warhammer 2.Warhammer worked with no issues. BFBC2 however got as far as installing the 2005 C++ redistributable, then poof...Game not available at this time. it would sit there at the C++ screen for awhile. Any ideas on how to get this up and going?
I've tried deleting local content, verifying integrity. Next gonna try unistalling steam and redownloading it all again. Any ideas/help would be most helpful, even if its just pointing to another post (and yes I've already searched forums).

Swonkie
04-05-2010, 10:52 AM
i had the "game not available" a couple of times. bbc2 a few days ago, not after a fresh installation - i played it before. its a steam issue i think and it always went away after retrying or restarting steam once or twice.

cabelo3d
04-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Well, after raise admin level in BC2.exe, everytime I double click the shortcut to play I got this too, fortunatelly, before double clik the shortcut, go to your Steam>Exit, then try again, works for me.

devils_reject76
04-05-2010, 11:15 AM
oh yea, had to do the admin rights before to get the whole ping thing taken care of. I'll have to check and make sure they're off. As for restarting it... oh I did that several times with both steam and comp.

devils_reject76
04-05-2010, 05:21 PM
OMG and it still doesnt work.I even found this page: http://supportwiki.steampowered.com/wiki/Steam_Error:_This_game_is_currently_unavailable and nothing, this is driving me MAD, MAD I SAY!