PDA

View Full Version : I imagine a new counter-strike

davlyn_20
04-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Hey,

I don't know if you guys also heard Gabe talking about a "new counter-strike"... it was a wile ago but, do you think he really wants to start this project ? because i have so much new ideas to implement in-side this game.

if yes,

-I really want to see great physics, everything breakable...
-Customize all your weapons, but something really really really Customized, choose your bullet type, your red dot, your weapon color...
-Single player missions
-Co-op mode, 4 players.
-Make the 64 players slots useful...
-spawn from helicopters :D

Just make something amazing, better than a Hollywood movie !

RambJoe
04-05-2010, 11:53 AM
I hope it doesn't have red dots or iron sights, that isn't what this game's about. I love the whole not zooming on assault rifles thing.

trenmost
04-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I hope it doesn't have red dots or iron sights, that isn't what this game's about. I love the whole not zooming on assault rifles thing.

me too. i dont need a new cs. CSS rulz

LTCHIPS
04-05-2010, 09:08 PM
me too. i dont need a new cs. CSS rulz

Yup, it blows MW2 out of the water in terms of clans, and skills. Hell, even noobs can get the hang of this game after a couple of weeks.

Drop Bear
04-08-2010, 05:36 AM
I personally dont reckon Valve should make a CS2, theres nothing at all that can be added to a sequel. What Valve needs to do is update the game to the latest version of Source (multi core support would be nice, as well as improved anti aliasing) as well as any bugs that may be present (people complain about them, but I havent come across any yet). It might be a bonus if stats were added (NOT ACHIEVEMENTS) whereas you can see what weapon you are most efficient with, what weapon you die from most etc.

Drop Bear
04-08-2010, 05:41 AM
if yes,

-Customize all your weapons, but something really really really Customized, choose your bullet type, your red dot, your weapon color...
-Single player missions
-Co-op mode, 4 players.

To tell the truth, that is a HORRIBLE idea. We havent advanced that far in 3D physics to make something run on older machines, customizing weapons? *facepalm* keep it to MW2, it doesnt suit playing style of CS, single player missions didnt really go down with Condition Zero (even in deleted scenes it isnt at all that great) and there are bots anyways, 32 players is to intense (256 is the max source can handle, but that would be way to intense, not to mention the amount of nade spam). Helicopter idea breaks well made level design, unless it was a particular map.

CS isnt Hollywood, CS is pro.

kimd41
04-08-2010, 05:50 AM
if yes,

-Single player missions
-Co-op mode, 4 players.

No, this isn't COD.

Vlad211
04-08-2010, 09:17 AM
I personally dont reckon Valve should make a CS2, theres nothing at all that can be added to a sequel. What Valve needs to do is update the game to the latest version of Source (multi core support would be nice, as well as improved anti aliasing) as well as any bugs that may be present (people complain about them, but I havent come across any yet). It might be a bonus if stats were added (NOT ACHIEVEMENTS) whereas you can see what weapon you are most efficient with, what weapon you die from most etc.
QTF. This is all that the Counter-Strike needs and will ever need. We don't need a new Counter-Strike game because it'll tear the community apart even more. Remember when Source came out? Players would either play the original or Source.

Neo Cool Dude
04-08-2010, 12:44 PM
QTF. This is all that the Counter-Strike needs and will ever need. We don't need a new Counter-Strike game because it'll tear the community apart even more. Remember when Source came out? Players would either play the original or Source.

Tear the community apart? What happen to getting new fans and the fact that if everyone had this attitude no game would ever get a sequel again.

kimd41
04-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Source came because it was time for a new engine with updated graphics. Your argument is valid with CZ, but not source.

skoops
04-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Valve has a difficult task when and if they bring out a new CS. For one theve got to please current CS users which means not changing the game much but on the other hand theve got to attract new gamers to the franchise who will expect a bit more than defuse bomb rescue hostages.Hopefully Valve will find the balance the suits everyone with a few new game modes better graphics multi core support etc as well as sticking with the tried and tested formula that has served them well over the last ten years.

RambJoe
04-08-2010, 04:21 PM
They could add new game modes and more functions for better mod compatibility.

I think a capture the flag game mode could work? Well obviously you don't have to play it if you don't like it.

Also allow servers to enable re spawn without needing a mod.

Identity Theft
04-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Or they could just make an expansion pack for CSS with more maps, and more game modes.

Zefar
04-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Or they could just make an expansion pack for CSS with more maps, and more game modes.

But that honestly wouldn't change much. People would rage about the new game modes. Yes people would actually do this because it "Changes CSS".

You see they have complained about these things.

Radar Change.
Quick Silencer fix.
The banana walkway on that one map. Can't remember it's name.
Pistol damage boost.
Dynamic Weapon Pricing. Even when they knew they could shut it off. They still complained. A lot.

And a lot of more things.

If they threw more game modes people would just complain about it and demand Valve to fix up the game instead.

This is what I have seen through my first 2-3 years on the forum while CSS was actively getting updates.

So to be on the safe side, make a complete new CS game. All though don't add Iron sights to it. I'm fine with destruction and if H.E Grenade is powerful enough to make a crack in the wall or a small hole I'm also fine with that.

I just want to see CSS with much better graphics. Actually they should try to top out the graphics in it. Bring out the most out of the Source Engine.

Tom123311
04-09-2010, 01:39 AM
I agree with updating it to the new source engine, and improved physics, but apart from that, I think any other big changes would ruin it.
Stats would be alright, as long as they showed things like your total kills/deaths/weapon efficiency and so on.
As to whether it should be a new game or not, I am undecided. On one hand, it would make it easier to implement the new engine, but on the other hand, it wouldn't be the same if it were a new game and the community would pretty much be split down the middle.

theyeahdude
04-09-2010, 07:37 AM
if yes,

-Single player missions
-Co-op mode, 4 players.

closest thing as Battlefield Bad Company 2

LTCHIPS
04-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Hey,

I don't know if you guys also heard Gabe talking about a "new counter-strike"... it was a wile ago but, do you think he really wants to start this project ? because i have so much new ideas to implement in-side this game.

So many that when the game releases, it won't be counter strike anymore? I'd keep it the way it is, just release a huge update for CSS, that would be much better than releasing another CS.

brooklyn03
04-09-2010, 05:38 PM
CSS is too good to be changed, at least at this point in time. Maybe when some sick new engine comes out, that will blow the current one out of the water, then the time will be right to release a new version.

But i do think that Valve should release an update so that the game makes use of the multicores.

RambJoe
04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
CSS isn't perfect. CS 1.6 gameplay with Source's graphics (or better) and physics would be good though.

Tremendous_Lion
04-09-2010, 07:57 PM
One of the reasons counterstrike has so many players is that the graphics are not very demanding, thus many people can play it, even on really awful computers.

I say, just keep updating CS:S and start making HL2:Ep3 or the Engie update to TF2

Mark316
04-10-2010, 04:22 AM
I say, just keep updating CS:S

You're implying they update it at all.

Dudlicion
04-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Along with a new cs a new engine will most likely acompany it as well to display the future of valves games. (as it did with source when it first came out).After that we may finally get ep3 along with it:p

Jarp3y
04-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Yeam mw2 is ♥♥♥♥ and for console noobs this is true hardcore pc gaming!

tkrow21
04-10-2010, 11:29 PM
better than a Hollywood movie !

See: 1.6, CZ, Source.

Crimson Rising
04-11-2010, 02:38 AM
Counter-Strike is starting to bore me. The same ♥♥♥♥ sense 98.

This is what it consists of today:

Spray and prey
bhop
flash spam
nade spam
bhop
spray and pray
hax
bhop
nade spam
flash spam

Small linear maps to boot.

gogu
04-12-2010, 05:39 AM
New weapons, new maps and more equipment (like parachute, gas grenade, mask) are all I want.

xianghua
04-12-2010, 10:21 AM
the guns looking more classic CS style instead of CSS style

1rapture
04-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I think a whole new CS w/ a halfway decent marketing campaign would be the biggest selling PC game of all time.

that is all, doesn't matter what they do just the though of it and the pre-existing customer base is more then they need.