PDA

View Full Version : Weapons (M60) need nerfed if....

Cobalty2004
04-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Everyone in that class maxed out only uses one weapon.

Unlike in MW2, certain guns in this game are just 'the best'

For the sake of gameplay, guns should have strengths and weaknesses, but it seems the M60 is one weapon that if you don't use, you are seriously going to negate your true potential by choosing anything else.

Sorry its true. If you don't see the logic here, go back to reading picture books.

MrChris
04-05-2010, 01:38 PM
indeed, assault, engineer and recAAWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNN all have different alternatives

with medic, the M60 is quite obviously the better gun

Ciaos
04-05-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure the majority of Engineers run the AK, but then again the SMGs are all pretty pants in comparison so no one cares.

irnbru
04-05-2010, 01:43 PM
I refuse to use the M60... but wouldn't say it negates my potential in any way. The M60 makes bad players average, average players good, and good players phenominal.

What is doesn't do, is make already phenominal players such as myself any better. It cuts out about half the work and effort involved, but doesn't have a major impact on the scores I get.

I do agree though, that it does need a nerf... simply because 90% of the community are average at best, and benefit excessively from it.

wing40
04-05-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm not arguing with your your logic, but I get killed by other LMGs all the time. M249 and MG36 kill me as often as the M60. :/

Valium
04-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Well, I actually like a lot more XM8 LMG, and I'm better with this than with M60.

nighthawk419
04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
The MG36 makes a nice sound :-)

MaDeuce
04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Everyone in that class maxed out only uses one weapon.

Unlike in MW2, certain guns in this game are just 'the best'

For the sake of gameplay, guns should have strengths and weaknesses, but it seems the M60 is one weapon that if you don't use, you are seriously going to negate your true potential by choosing anything else.

Sorry its true. If you don't see the logic here, go back to reading picture books.

There will always be preferred weapons in a game with different weapons.

BaronXL
04-05-2010, 01:56 PM
What is doesn't do, is make already phenominal players such as myself any better. It cuts out about half the work and effort involved, but doesn't have a major impact on the scores I get.

I like your style.

shockertwin
04-05-2010, 01:59 PM
There will always be preferred weapons in a game with different weapons.

Nah, that's all in your head dude.

KiloOscarTango
04-05-2010, 02:06 PM
The M60 is being nerfed. It isn't that great, they should "buff" the MG36 by giving it back the red dot in Hardcore mode. I prefer the XM8, M249, and MG36 to the M60. Nubs use the M60, just like nubs use the M2 all the time.

Warseth
04-05-2010, 02:06 PM
F the M60. I likes to run with the auto shotgun and pounce on people...then stab ...then run and reload...more exciting. :p

I simply don't like that gun ...

Tabbee
04-05-2010, 02:13 PM
In MW2 there are best guns too. See akimbo g18, UMP45, and the best and least skillful weapon in the game is the ACR.

This is true in every game where guns are different. But if we made just one gun for all engineers, medics and assaults, and one gun for snipers, and one handgun, and no specializations, the game wouldn't be a lot of fun since there wouldn't be any customization, although it'd be perfectly balanced.

Because this wouldn't be fun there are different guns and their stats vary.
Although they shouldn't vary as much so one gun is being exclusively used and overshadows all other guns in their respective group. (see M60)

Beezy
04-05-2010, 02:13 PM
The M60 makes bad players average, average players good, and good players phenominal.

The M60 makes bad players seem good at the game, and makes good players bad at the game, because once they get used to doing close to nothing with the M60, they switch to other guns/classes and get owned.

At least that's how it was for me. I got a gold star with the M60, so I switched classes to work on another gold star, and actually had to try at the game.

Razoride
04-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I refuse to use the M60... but wouldn't say it negates my potential in any way. The M60 makes bad players average, average players good, and good players phenominal.

What is doesn't do, is make already phenominal players such as myself any better.

Not full of ourselves now, are we?