PDA

View Full Version : Single Player (Non-Skirmish) User maps other than Cancer Black mod??

BleedURealQuiet
04-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Any one aware if they exist? I'm assuming there are none atm.

I know there were way more Single Player custom levels for AvP2, but has anyone found any that will work and is complet-able like the ones found in the Cancer Black MOD?

I said Non-Skirmish only because they aren't like Campaign type of maps. Basically I look for Maps that have objectives, from point A to point B or to Points C, D, or E. Can be completed means you can exit the level with stats once you've completed all of your objectives and reach the end point of the map.

In skirmish there isn't really going from 1 point to another, just kill, die, respawn, repeat, if extra lives are enabled and it ends only if a score or time limit has been reached, and if either score or time limits had been set.

Mad Max RW
04-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Not yet, but soon ;)

BleedURealQuiet
04-06-2010, 11:37 AM
I look forward to them when they are done ready for public release/testing then.

One idea for a custom SP level I hope to see is one with filled with many Alien Queens (about 10), or maybe 2-3 Queens with lots and lots of the other Alien enemies mixed.

Seriously, since the Alien Queen(s) was way too easy to beat, and not challenging enough when the player fights her by herself. She hardly have enough attacks to defend herself and is hardly aggressive enough, and is too slow.

Oh and another idea for a level is one filled with lots of Predator Bots for the player to take on.

I think there were too little Predator Bots to take on in single player and they were still too easy beat since you almost never fight more than 1 Predator bot at a time.

Ok those are just some ideas. If anyone else got any other ideas, that would be great.

Other than that I hope there will eventually be a more simplified and easy to use level editor released. And Only if making custom SP maps for this game were as easy as making custom Doom wads.

Nemesis6
04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't know how to actually make levels, but I know how to change them. I've got the invasion map changed around so you do the map backwards, and with more objectives. Problem is I still need to clean up the original clutter like messages appearing where they did in the original map, small stuff like that. Other than that, the map is working.

BleedURealQuiet
04-07-2010, 04:04 AM
I don't know how to actually make levels, but I know how to change them. I've got the invasion map changed around so you do the map backwards, and with more objectives. Problem is I still need to clean up the original clutter like messages appearing where they did in the original map, small stuff like that. Other than that, the map is working.

Got a link to download this for testing?

Also would it be possible to change the 6th level (Hangar) of the Marine to have more enemies than just one Alien Queen? And also add in weapons and ammo pickups?

I thought it was too easy and too quickly done once you hit the switches at the right time and run for the small room with the glass door.

Other suggestions are editing some of Predator missions to contain weapons, ammo, armor, medkits pick ups for the Marine, and vice versa(field charge pickups on the normal Marine missions) just so when playing the Predator missions with the Marine (and vice versa) by using the NeLev2000 mod it would be more playable without much troubles.

Mad Max RW
04-07-2010, 05:20 AM
You can do it yourself fairly easily if you download the official tools and use Inteng. Although, I think you need AvP Gold installed or some other way to trick the tools to think you do in order for them to work.