PDA

View Full Version : Seems to be missing ... just about everything?

freibooter
04-06-2010, 03:17 PM
So it's a motocross racing game that - at least according to the lackluster store page - seems to be missing almost everything:

No Multiplayer?
Not Even Ghosts?
No Leaderboards?
No Gamepad/Controller Support!?
No Force Feedback/Rumble!?
No Achievements?
No Steam Cloud?

... and visually the whole thing looks about as dated as Microsoft's 10 year old "Motocross Madness 2", which actually had proper analogue controller support even then.

Is there a reason why I shouldn't just dust off my old "Sidewinder" and simply play Motocross Madness instead?

Does 2XL Supercross have anything that makes it worthwhile?

isolated1
04-06-2010, 05:09 PM
I took a chance and it does support the xbox 360 controller. Visually its a bit dated but not really that bad. Control is decent, its playable. It needs a championship mode, right now it only lets you select single races from the menu and race them, and yes, it does need multiplayer, hopefully in a patch?

freibooter
04-07-2010, 04:19 AM
Mhhh ... does it fully support the Xbox 360 controller, i.e. properly pre-configured, with correct support for its analog triggers (i.e. Xinput support, not just DirectInput) and with rumble?
And why doesn't the store page say "Controller enabled"?

A "Motocross-Madness"-like game on Steam would actually be pretty cool ... but this one sadly doesn't seem to be worth its asking price so far. :(

With multiplayer/leaderbords/ghosts/achievements/championship mode etc. it would be an entirely different story, though.

I'll keep an eye on it and should there ever be an update making it a bit more worthwhile I might reconsider, but so far I have to pass on this. Which is a real shame, since there hasn't been a good motocross game in a long time.

Suomis
04-07-2010, 04:42 AM
text

Yea well IIRC the same studios made MCM2 and 2XL, 2XL was just an iPod/iPhone version, but is now ported to PC.

freibooter
04-07-2010, 05:26 AM
Yea well IIRC the same studios made MCM2 and 2XL, 2XL was just an iPod/iPhone version, but is now ported to PC.

Really, I can't find any connection between Motocross Madness 2 and 2XL Studios, maybe I didn't look hard enough?

And while the iPhone version might have gotten fairly good reviews, this almost looks like a 1:1 port - which means the PC version not only looks horribly dated but is also lacking just about anything you would expect from a PC game like this.
And I certainly don't see what even remotely justifies doubling the price in comparison to the iPhone app.

Suomis
04-07-2010, 08:28 AM
On the iPod page in appstore I think I read thats its from the same devs... Dunno then...

nowayz
04-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Not even a multiplayer?! cant believe i bought this crap... i hope they release a BIG update soon...

Trashcantoy
04-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Not even a multiplayer?! cant believe i bought this crap... i hope they release a BIG update soon...
why did you buy it then...

Arstron
04-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Its a fun way to pass the time, but by no means is it a true sim. I spent many of hours playing motorcross madness (never the second one though), and the physics and feel of this game is nothing like the original. Even on hard this game is way to easy, its very difficult to crash and im using just the keyboard. You can actually go threw an entire race without leaning and not wreck, its not fast that way, but it is possible. It is helping me kill some time here at work though so its worth the $9 to me, but at the very least some form of a series or more opponents then 6 would be oh so nice....

Oh and it does work just fine on windows 7 64 bit.

bogswan
04-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Just like all the low graphical old games Steam releases in the hope it makes money.....there wont be a patch with a multiplayer because that means spending money on a game thats so old and out of date it would need a brand new game to change it to what players want.

Ive bought games like this through steam that look out dated graphicaly with no widescreen support or controller/joystick support and yes no multiplayer.

Steam dont warn you whats NOT in a game on the store page.

Multiplayer aint gonna happen but ide like to be proven wrong untill that update I aint wasting cash on it!

nowayz
04-22-2010, 01:38 AM
why did you buy it then...
never tought it could be THAT bad! i mean... i can't even launch it!
if you guys want a motocross game for pc go get MTX vs ATV: Unleashed. A little old but guess its the best we got for pc, dunno why it isn't on steam.store...

Joshua Smith
04-22-2010, 07:24 AM
never tought it could be THAT bad! i mean... i can't even launch it!
if you guys want a motocross game for pc go get MTX vs ATV: Unleashed. A little old but guess its the best we got for pc, dunno why it isn't on steam.store...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832258008&Tpk=pure

i recommend this game ^^ it is pretty kool

RKipker
09-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Really, I can't find any connection between Motocross Madness 2 and 2XL Studios, maybe I didn't look hard enough?

You didn't look hard enough, :o cause it's all over the 2XL website... ;)

1) Rob Rinard (main man at 2XL)was the original lead designer/director of MCM and then followed up with MCM2

2) They meaning rainbow Studios also developed ATV Offroad Fury, another classic MX style racing game... followed by ATV Offroad Fury 2 (not to be mistaken with ATV 3 and 4, no not the same)

3) Finally they returned to MX games with MX Unleashed... which was a PC release though ported from XBox.

Too bad they have not updated this to add the nationals from MX Unleashed and the additional features seen in unleashed as well.

There must be something keeping these guys from doing it better, because I know their capable, time will tell if they ever updated it or simply release a 2XL Supercross 2.

What I would like to see; would be for these guys to develop a Rag's to Riches (story line with a 2XL Motocross Legends where they allow you to run the Loretta Lynn Regional circuits like Mill Creek and other amateur tracks an make your way to Loretta's Ranch. Like the past legends of the sport i.e. Bailey, Hannah, Smith, McGrath, RC, Travis, Ward, Stewart, and many many others.

From there you would progress through the 250cc ranks in supercross and motocross running as a independent or satellite teams such as Pro Circuit.

From here into the main MX classes and onto a Supercross and national titles allowing you to continue year after year for repeat titles and defending your title.

Mr. Rinard, I hope your reading this.
RKip