PDA

View Full Version : MODS you want to see...

Xenro
04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Warband definitely needs a multiplayer mod based on the Lord of the Rings series. Instead of just reskinning the models and adding new maps, it would be nice to have a reward system like Modern Warfare's (balanced ofcourse).

What are your opinions, thoughts, suggestions?

Rustybobo
04-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I would personnaly love to see a Dungeon and Dragon mod with D&D monsters and creatures as playable characters.

They could add the basic class to each race like , Fighter,Thief,Paladin,Ranger,Mage,Cleric ect..

And they could make it that there is more then 2 teams fighting each other in a map it could be like Humans vs orcs vs undeads vs gnolls ect...

I think that would be bad ♥♥♥.

protyx
04-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Well, monsters are rather unlikely in M&B, because, as far as i know, the ability to modify character skeletons is quite limited. So its all humanoids and horses, at most of different sizes and skins. Magic also seems to work quite poorly in M&B mods, afterall the game is not really meant to have magic in it.

What i would love is some multiplayer mod based on antique world, with factions like romans, greeks, barbarians, egyptians, etc.

deathstar
04-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I just want a mod that overhauls everything that's still not quite working in Warband.

Fix the AI, fix the economy, fix the quests.

Then, rename the current factions to real ones, based on the early medieval ages (There are mods out there for the original M&B). Add more items, add more quests, add a new trading-system where being a merchant acually pays off.

As you see I just want to play Warband as it was (probably?) intended to be, a decent, stable, authentic medieval simulation.

No need for fantasy-stuff.

urbanspcmn
04-07-2010, 03:05 PM
What i would love is some multiplayer mod based on antique world, with factions like romans, greeks, barbarians, egyptians, etc.

This, This, and This. As a fan of the Age of Empires series, seeing something like that to go hand in hand with warband multiplayer as is... my life would be complete.

caddux
04-07-2010, 04:11 PM
I would LOVE to see a medieval Japan mod!

Meensai
04-07-2010, 04:22 PM

True, to fight another with some Ninjato, Katana, Wakizashi or an Tachi, that would be impressive and some part of swordmastery!

Or even to fight with some Kamas and Sais :P

edit: if you've interested, for the old m&b there is a mod called "Onin no Ran" there you go with medieval japan =)

superhit1000
04-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I would love a naval battle mod.

AeneasXI
04-07-2010, 04:45 PM

would be kinda nice yes =)

/signed a 100times! Love romans egyptians and the like :D

Or maybe if whole nations of that time would be hard, then make at least a GREEK mod whith sparta athen etc fighting each other. Thats always a very good scenario for that time

Da-V-Man
04-07-2010, 07:12 PM
I would love to see the Hunt mod updated soon. It was an awesomme and well made mod.

Aside from that, I'd like to see (or make) a mod that changes the way tournaments work. I want to be able to choose my loadout and have a dynamic betting/winning system based on your level, renown, past tourney performance and your performance in the current tourney. Clearly, when my level 35 character with 300 proficiency in each skill walks in, the odds are not as low against me as if I was just starting a new game.

Identity Theft
04-07-2010, 07:48 PM
I can't believe nobody has said coop.

Xenro
04-07-2010, 08:49 PM

Sounds like a really good idea.

Cmdr. Thanatos
04-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I know it could never happen, but a TC mod to play in the codex alera universe would be awesome.

Delphidelion
04-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Or maybe if whole nations of that time would be hard, then make at least a GREEK mod whith sparta athen etc fighting each other. Thats always a very good scenario for that time

Yeah, and what? The Spartans would be unbeatable. The only reason that they did not take over all of Greece is because the king just didn't give two ♥♥♥♥s abount conquest:p.

I know it could never happen, but a TC mod to play in the codex alera universe would be awesome.

If you build it, they will come;).

Delphidelion
04-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Personally I'd like to see a mod that allows changes to the level up scheeme. Either changing the xp requirements or points awarded per level. I find it frustrating that even if you were to max aout a skill, you are already around level 23 which means that the time required to bring up other stats and skills will be rediculous.

AeneasXI
04-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah, and what? The Spartans would be unbeatable. The only reason that they did not take over all of Greece is because the king just didn't give two ♥♥♥♥s abount conquest:p.

If you build it, they will come;).

you obviously know nothing about greek history so why do you even post that? =/ Only because you saw the movie 300 you think sparta is unbeatable? xD jk ;) but you have to explain why you think sparta would be overpowered. If it would there would never had been so many wars between athen and sparta and athen would have been razed or occupied. And dont tell me its because sparta was lazy lol!
Sparta had an alliance as well as athen has. That would mean mixed troops for both sides. Not only elite spartan hoplite troops ^^

Cmdr. Thanatos
04-08-2010, 12:22 AM
As my Greek history teacher once told me, Greeks fought 2 sets of people:

1. The Persians
2. The SOB on the other side of that hill

They were more than happy to kick each others asses until persia showed up, then they would (sorta) cooperate against a common enemy.

A truly united Greece would have been a force that could have surpassed the Roman empire in awesomeness.

If it wasn't for Alexander's penchant for drinking+his wounds received in battle, he may have actually brought that empire to fruition.

Delphidelion
04-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Sparta outlasted the rest of the greecian tribes. They accually helped the romans to keep their independence for some time. Heck, they even helped to defend the roman empire befor finally conforming to an extent.

Validuz
04-08-2010, 05:18 AM
Personally I'd like to see a mod that allows changes to the level up scheeme. Either changing the xp requirements or points awarded per level. I find it frustrating that even if you were to max aout a skill, you are already around level 23 which means that the time required to bring up other stats and skills will be rediculous.

when u start the game go to options, activate cheats and push Cntrl+X in ur character window:) (1000xp)

Die_Angel
04-08-2010, 05:45 AM
a slavery mod?

AeneasXI
04-08-2010, 09:48 AM
As my Greek history teacher once told me, Greeks fought 2 sets of people:

1. The Persians
2. The SOB on the other side of that hill

They were more than happy to kick each others asses until persia showed up, then they would (sorta) cooperate against a common enemy.

A truly united Greece would have been a force that could have surpassed the Roman empire in awesomeness.

If it wasn't for Alexander's penchant for drinking+his wounds received in battle, he may have actually brought that empire to fruition.

yes right they united against persia. You yet forgot to name Philipp the father of Alexander who conquered Greek just btw... But i had old greek just as you in school but i guess your Teacher doesnt tell you everything mine really was a genious xD it was an honor learning from his man :P
Also Axander was NOT a greek but a mazedonian. A mazedonian who had greece under his rule. Rly he is not a greek =]

protyx
04-08-2010, 11:04 AM
yes right they united against persia. You yet forgot to name Philipp the father of Alexander who conquered Greek just btw... But i had old greek just as you in school but i guess your Teacher doesnt tell you everything mine really was a genious xD it was an honor learning from his man :P
Also Axander was NOT a greek but a mazedonian. A mazedonian who had greece under his rule. Rly he is not a greek =]

That was in a different time, somewhat later? And its maCedonian. And thats way offtopic.

But really, i would love to fight as a greek hoplite in MP.

RavenHawk
04-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Warband definitely needs a multiplayer mod based on the Lord of the Rings series. Instead of just reskinning the models and adding new maps, it would be nice to have a reward system like Modern Warfare's (balanced ofcourse).

What are your opinions, thoughts, suggestions?

I assume you mean the gear upgrades? That would be nice.

However if you are talking perks and kill streak rewards...

Then no. The last thing this game needs is a band of killer dogs tearing through the ranks or catapult-fired boulders to smash into people all over the map. The catapult could be talked about on sieges, but for the rest, no. The crummy rewards are the single most annoying thing in Modern Warfare.

lagokc
04-08-2010, 02:58 PM
I'd like to see a mod that fixes all the bugs. It's a standalone expansion that plays like an early beta at best. :mad:

AeneasXI
04-08-2010, 03:39 PM
I'd like to see a mod that fixes all the bugs. It's a standalone expansion that plays like an early beta at best. :mad:

Go and play multiplayer then and wait for TW to fix the bugs! They already released a third patch 1.05 just recently which correct many many bugs. If your still thinking singleplayer is too buggy (idk i play multiplayer only ^^) then go play the awesome not buggy and totally not beta like multiplayer :D

Then after the next patch or so you go play the singleplayer again.
Stop whining at least they patch this game very fast (3patches in little more than 1 week) unlike many big publishers do who take their time to release patches even when they are badly needed.

Cmdr. Thanatos
04-08-2010, 09:00 PM

Actually, I just wanted to give one example rather than an exhaustive history. My point remains valid though.

AeneasXI
04-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Actually, I just wanted to give one example rather than an exhaustive history. My point remains valid though.

you may be forgiven, but also examples have to be correct. If you were Alexander I think you would be pissed if someone would call you Greek :P

andovo
04-08-2010, 10:00 PM
like monster hunter, whit some friends hunt some monsters!!

AeneasXI
04-08-2010, 10:03 PM
like monster hunter, whit some friends hunt some monsters!!

There are monsters in Warband? lol

Delphidelion
04-08-2010, 10:05 PM
when u start the game go to options, activate cheats and push Cntrl+X in ur character window:) (1000xp)

Yeah... that's not what I meant. After a certain point in the level scheme it feels like pulling teeth to coax that last little bit of xp. I really like getting more than 3 levels in one night of play. The pacing just seems a little off.

protyx
04-09-2010, 04:07 AM
you may be forgiven, but also examples have to be correct. If you were Alexander I think you would be jarateed if someone would call you Greek :P

Example was correct. Alexander wasnt greek, but his empire spread the GREEK culture.

strayth
04-09-2010, 08:34 AM
I'd like a clean and easy way to import our own .tga or other filetype for custom banners. I'm in graphic design and really enjoy customizing my games like that - the banners in this are good, but very limited.

AeneasXI
04-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Example was correct. Alexander wasnt greek, but his empire spread the GREEK culture.

No this still doesnt make his example correct. Hitler may have spead GERMAN culture but he was austrian! This just doesnt make Hitler a german as well as it didnt make alexander a greek!

Korpah
04-09-2010, 08:43 AM
i would like a mod that makes stuff a bit more realistic

1. like lords that can actualy DIE, so when you capture a lord you can execute him (this offcourse gives -honor)

or you can contact his familie and ask for a ransom

ofc an option that new lords spawn as well (think of mercanaries that form a warband and do quests for the highest bidder that the can be recruited into a faction)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2.more use for prisoners for example, use them to speed up building of structures, use them to improve food production of villages (so kinda use them as slaves)
or exchange them for other troops with other lords

3. more build options for villages

for example a fortification (wooden wall) so you can station troops in there as well (ofc there is a max ammount)

or improved farms (more food you can buy when trading)

trade posts so caravans spawn from villages and move to towns etc to trade + that towns have money so the can buy stuff

a militia in towns (with the train militia quests that the actualy stay in the town to fight off bandits

more quests from town elders

think of: get food/get iron/tools for construction etc, think of get more settlers to boom the population in a town

4. to point your heroes as captains in your army so the have a set ammount of soldiers under them (for example 1 hero with 20 cavalary) so you have more options for formations etc and can make more use of stratigie

(think of group selection of certian units instead only to be able to select infantary or archers)

5. more siege equipment

think of rams / balista's catapults etc to shoot people of the walls and to break down walls to create more entry points

6. things like mines and wood cutter camps on the campain map (where you can rest and buy wood and iron wich you need for towns buildings. and you can do quests there. like defende the mine vs bandits or something, or "tools wanted" bring 20 tools to the mine

7. an auto recruit option for your feifs, if you own a castle wich has a village that villages automaticly be recruited and go to the castle where the are been trained (daily) and gain ranks etc.

or even better set the ammount of units you want and the castle will train the units to that ammount/rank

8. and alot more ::D

protyx
04-09-2010, 10:51 AM
No this still doesnt make his example correct. Hitler may have spead GERMAN culture but he was austrian! This just doesnt make Hitler a german as well as it didnt make alexander a greek!
No, it does. You obviously didnt get what he was saying, try again.

5. more siege equipment

think of rams / balista's catapults etc to shoot people of the walls and to break down walls to create more entry points

Thats not really possible in M&B engine, as far as i know.
Pretty much the rest of what has been listed here would become available as mods port over to Warband. It almost feels as if these posts are made by mod developers advertising the features of their mods... O_o

Mr_Eon
04-10-2010, 01:57 AM

It was referred to as the Hellenistic culture. Macedonia was not Greek, and the vast majority of its peoples weren't Greek in origin, but the nobility and monarchy was descended from a Greek colony in Macedonia, and that colony effectively conquered and enlarged it - thus installing the Hellenistic culture within the new country.

Macedonia escaped the wrath of the Persians by offering Xerxes his earth and water, incidentally.

Mr_Eon
04-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Mods for Warband:

1. More options in Castles. I want to be able to build Castles (perhaps have a number of strategic sites some of which have Castles prebuilt and some of which are blank) and also upgrade them, slight them and raze them to the ground.

2. Many more options in Villages and Towns. As with Castles perhaps have blank 'economic' sites some of which start as Villages or Towns and some of which start blank. Village tiles in an area run into a central tile on which Towns can be made if enough villages are servicing them - but Towns without enough food and materials quickly empty and eventually become villages or even abandoned! Villages should be upgradable - I want to be able to make an impact on the lives of my peasants. Villages should be fortifiable (pallisades, ditches and stakes etc) and fortified villages should generate a small defensive force.

3. YES to a Feudal Japanese mod.

4. Build in a dynastic element! You can get married now, why not have children? Why not have your children grow up to become companions or vassals? And your competitors children. Have all those little children squabbling for inheritances... snee snee snee.

5. Give me some choices with captured nobles. I'd like to set a 30 day limit on ransoms. If I don't get a serious offer - then it's off to the block. I'd also like the option to execute those who burn my villages and then act like nothing happened! I'd also like the option to exercise mercy and forgiveness if I feel like it and release prisoners whose families can't or won't pay a ransom. I'd also like the opportunity to try and convince captured nobles to sign on with me if their former state and ruler abandon them.

If you combined this with 4, above, then dead lords could be suceeded by their children. And so could you. As it says in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms 'the murderer of your father should not exist under the same sky with you'. Dynastic feuding for the win!

Vendayn
04-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Well, I'm waiting for Hegemony to be released, which has romans and all that cool stuff in it. Like Rome Total War, but mount and blade style :D

MGLK
04-10-2010, 10:33 AM
1066 and The Last Days please

Liudom
04-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Star Wars Mod for Multiplayer.. w00t :)

protyx
04-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Mods for Warband:

1. More options in Castles. I want to be able to build Castles (perhaps have a number of strategic sites some of which have Castles prebuilt and some of which are blank) and also upgrade them, slight them and raze them to the ground.

2. Many more options in Villages and Towns. As with Castles perhaps have blank 'economic' sites some of which start as Villages or Towns and some of which start blank. Village tiles in an area run into a central tile on which Towns can be made if enough villages are servicing them - but Towns without enough food and materials quickly empty and eventually become villages or even abandoned! Villages should be upgradable - I want to be able to make an impact on the lives of my peasants. Villages should be fortifiable (pallisades, ditches and stakes etc) and fortified villages should generate a small defensive force.

Your best bet is a Custom Settlements port to warband. :)

DrHojo123
04-11-2010, 01:16 PM

5. more siege equipment

6. things like mines and wood cutter camps on the campain map (where you can rest and buy wood and iron wich you need for towns buildings. and you can do quests there. like defende the mine vs bandits or something, or "tools wanted" bring 20 tools to the mine

for 5
is possable but if only animation was in them like total war :)
and some scripting or a lot
for 6
i will like this too same to most ideas

dinamita95
04-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I would like to see Medieval Total War mod for single player and multiplayer with every faction that existed during Medieval Era. Would like to pwn some Ottoman Turks with a Bulgarian Heavy Cavalry.

Tuhulu
04-12-2010, 04:50 AM

There is a huge mod coming soon. It has been in developement for the last version of vanilla mount and blade for quite some time. They are gonna port it to this game. The name is Hegemony 268 B.C.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,98.0.html

Personally I can't wait. Been waiting a year now :P

DarkDeserter
04-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Better armor would be nice, like make it fit the human form and not look like a box lol.

Cmdr. Thanatos
04-15-2010, 12:21 AM

And you would be 100% correct if that was the point I was trying to make. It wasn't. Not only was it not, but I never claimed he was greek. You made that assumption all on your own.

You can check my OP here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14361377&postcount=17)if you wish.

Xaechireon
04-15-2010, 04:01 AM
It would be kind of cool if you could encouter wild life and hunt them for food, for fur, for fun, to spite another kingdom, to protect a village's cattle, whatever.

Hocevar
04-15-2010, 10:55 AM
I just hope 1866 gets ported to Warband, one of the best mods of M&B

B3RS3RK
04-15-2010, 11:37 AM
I want Realism.

That if you kill the whole army of a Faction, they donīt come back with the Same Amount of Troops a Day later.That maybe Villages,citys etc have Villagernumbers so you canīt recruit over and over again, it takes time to rebuild an Army.

Such a Mod would be awesome xD

KaylaKaze
04-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Craftmod working bug free on the current version.

lagokc
04-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Go and play multiplayer then and wait for TW to fix the bugs!

Most of the bugs have been around for years. I realize M&B is from a smaller developer so I'm not bothered giving them my money, but I don't think many of these issues are EVER going to be fixed.

cKerensky
04-16-2010, 03:06 PM
I'd love a victorian era mod. Single shot pistols, rapiers, and city fighting.

zeropride
04-17-2010, 09:01 PM
i want a simple mod that turns relationships off. only need if for the ladies though seeing how other lords will join your kingdom any way even those that are in the -

zeropride
04-17-2010, 09:08 PM
I want Realism.

That if you kill the whole army of a Faction, they donīt come back with the Same Amount of Troops a Day later.That maybe Villages,citys etc have Villagernumbers so you canīt recruit over and over again, it takes time to rebuild an Army.

Such a Mod would be awesome xD

a auto recruit+lvl for your fiefs,like they do...., would even things out alot or up the capture rate to 70%. cant tell you have many times ive fought some one over and over and over and becomes insane about the 3rd time. i like your idea though.

Ardbug
04-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Im looking forward to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhtUv8I1DAM&feature=related) mod :)

Apollo
04-21-2010, 02:41 PM
feudal japan