PDA

View Full Version : Income Problem

Homez
04-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I have a castle and a village and i am really struggling to support my troops... my castle provides no income, is this normal?
my village provides around 500, can i increase this?

also what is the best way to level up my character???

im new to this so any help would be really appreciated...
any other tips would also help
P.S i was given the castle and village by a king im only lvl 13

cheers

Yyrkroon
04-07-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm not an expert, but I have never been able to support a decent campaign army plus garrison troops on land dues alone. However, a raid or two usually solves any monetary issues.

caddux
04-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Experience, my friend. This is a game you master with time. Play and play some more, every day, every week! That's how I was able to understand and love this game.

In the beginning I almost gave up on the game because I never could get enough money to enjoy all the full game experience. But then I understood that it's the game experience itself that in the end payed in good denars!

oto niel
04-07-2010, 06:30 PM
- Find a bandit lair and sit by it, from the scarcity of'em in the first versions of the game, they are now much more aggressive, so that will get you a constant flow of cash, items and XP.

-Try to do as much tourneys as you can betting on yourself, specially at the beginning when you are Mr. Nobody and the bets will be against yourself.

Xilmin
04-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I think the castle only provides income if some lord stays there for a while. In the budget list, the only time my castle gave me income, it was listed as 'rent'.

I don't know about increasing the total a village provides, but if you ensure that the route the villagers use to travel to town is safe then you aren't going to lose any money that it could be producing.

But I find the best way to make money is just to keep looking for battles and selling the loot. And tournaments provided you have the skills to guarantee a win so you can bet on yourself (as the previous posters said).

ACrazyGerman
04-07-2010, 07:03 PM
If you are ever offered a castle refuse it they are money holes. Just take all your troops out and let the enemy take it. You are never going to make enough money from the one village attached to the castle to pay for the troops in it.

TimeNinja
04-07-2010, 07:08 PM
There is a warband/vanilla mod called MB Tweaker. It allows you to change some values, like how much money you get in the arena, and how much youre allowed to bet on yourself at a tournament. I changed the arena melee fights from giving me 10 denars to 100. I dont feel its cheating that much as im not making it give me a billion denars for beating 1 guy. Just make it a little more feasible for a kingdom thats totally at peace.

D'Normal
04-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Clearing up the trade route and having a good prosperity in the fief helps getting some nice denars. Keep trading with your own fief yourself to speed this up and build improvements (tho if you dont have some points onto engenier it may take close to an eternity to build them up)

DarthWolf
04-08-2010, 03:56 AM
Good relations with village for sure increase income. Mill didn't give much, remember to visit your village at last once between taxations.

Validuz
04-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Clearing up the trade route and having a good prosperity in the fief helps getting some nice denars. Keep trading with your own fief yourself to speed this up and build improvements (tho if you dont have some points onto engenier it may take close to an eternity to build them up)

amen to that... i have a companion with 6 engie skill and it still took a month to build a damn mill:S

Homez
04-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Thx alot for ur comments rly appreciate it. Made the mistake of taking the castle will know for next time.
My other problem of levelling up is an issue, in battle my knights kill most the guys so I don't get much xp, so what is the best way to lvl up?

Also how can I start a war?

Cheers

Z_E_N
04-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Thx alot for ur comments rly appreciate it. Made the mistake of taking the castle will know for next time.
My other problem of levelling up is an issue, in battle my knights kill most the guys so I don't get much xp, so what is the best way to lvl up?

Cheers

Best way to level up is kill things before your knights have the chance to ;).

Actually, having smaller armies helps. Instead of an army of 100 elite knights, try going for an army of 20 crossbowmen or 20 infantry. This way, you will have less clashes with other horsemen, and you will still have backup to run to if you get overwhelmed. Also, even though you get the majority of the bonus exp after a battle, its still split between all your units and yourself. Having a smaller army means naturally you'll get more bonus exp at the end.

If your character is strong and well armored, consider putting your army on "Hold" until you decide you need them. What I usually like to do when levelling, is "hold position" my entire force, run out ahead and kill as many as possible. When my horse's HP starts getting low, I tell my army to charge. Often this helps make sure you don't lose any units as well, because you will already have broken up the enemy into a big chaotic mess by then, and your army will just run over all the stragglers.

Mormacil
04-08-2010, 09:14 AM

Actually, having smaller armies helps. Instead of an army of 100 elite knights, try going for an army of 20 crossbowmen or 20 infantry. This way, you will have less clashes with other horsemen, and you will still have backup to run to if you get overwhelmed. Also, even though you get the majority of the bonus exp after a battle, its still split between all your units and yourself. Having a smaller army means naturally you'll get more bonus exp at the end.

If your character is strong and well armored, consider putting your army on "Hold" until you decide you need them. What I usually like to do when levelling, is "hold position" my entire force, run out ahead and kill as many as possible. When my horse's HP starts getting low, I tell my army to charge. Often this helps make sure you don't lose any units as well, because you will already have broken up the enemy into a big chaotic mess by then, and your army will just run over all the stragglers.
This is truth. No really I find it works really well.

ACrazyGerman
04-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Also what you can do is instead of focusing on the main battle start attacking those that are running away, they run in the straight line do not block and are easy pickings. If you have a ton of knights all those horsing smashing into the troops killing 1/4 of them in seconds will get everyone else to crap their pants and run away.

Reiknar
04-09-2010, 01:56 AM

Ditto what Mormacil said, I frequently use this method, as soon as I can when starting a new character. Though, I admit, it feels a little cheap and definitely not true to the role playing aspect ;)