PDA

View Full Version : Rpg Server

Snowboy401
04-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Im in need of a good rpg server It would be nice to know name or ip of it. If it has password would it be possible for you to give it to me?

ErichK
04-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Is this the same RPG that exists in Garry's Mod? Why would you want to ruin such a great military sim? *Sniffle*

QuickCon
04-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Is this the same RPG that exists in Garry's Mod? Why would you want to ruin such a great military sim? *Sniffle*

I lol'd.

slikbaz
04-24-2010, 02:34 AM
Im in need of a good rpg server It would be nice to know name or ip of it. If it has password would it be possible for you to give it to me?

For ArmA 1 or ArmA2?

Actually you can have a lot of fun on good roleplay servers. It's nothing like Gmod's roleplay, and if you are in a good community, it's a ton of fun.

Lal
04-24-2010, 11:37 AM
What goes on in these servers? Other than roleplaying of course. As in, what is it like, what does one do in an ArmA2 roleplaying server?

pigsooie
04-24-2010, 12:12 PM
What goes on in these servers? Other than roleplaying of course. As in, what is it like, what does one do in an ArmA2 roleplaying server?

I have also pondered that Question My Self Good Sir.

slikbaz
04-24-2010, 12:31 PM

Generally there are two sides. Civilians and Cops. The civilians make money by either legal or illegal jobs. Legal jobs include manufacturing vehicles, making diamonds, farming, fishing etc. Illegal jobs include Drug Dealing, robbing the bank, petty thievery etc.

Civs can rob each other, drive dangerously etc., which is why the cops exist. The cops have options to arrest civilians or ticket them, check their inventory etc. The inventory system is very comprehensive too. You are required to eat every now and then. You can vote a certain civ for mayor if you like, and a certain cop for police cheif. The mayor can change taxes and laws, and the police cheif can order around the cop team as well as revoke any civlians licenses (which they buy).

Civs can also purchase objects such as buildings/walls/fences/any object in arma. They can then place those objects in the trunks of their cars, and later be placed somewhere on the ground. This way players can create anything they like, from Terrorist Bases, to a nice Mansion overlooking the sea.

The mods are huge, too huge to explain in a single post. The best way would be to hop on one of the servers yourself, or check out some videos on youtube.

Search "Sahrani Life Reloaded" or "SLR arma". SLR is an arma 1 RPG gamemode, and although there is an arma 2 version, I'm not sure if the community is any good in arma 2.

Lal
04-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Sounds cool, although I'd probably just start an illegal gun running operation, stack up on rifles and start shooting people as if it was regular ArmA2. Are there any "conventions" on what to do or not to do or are you basically free to even do what I stated above without everyone getting all whiny on you?

slikbaz
04-26-2010, 10:44 AM
There are server rules, of course. General deathmatch is not allowed, but lets say you create a terror group opposing the current government. You can get a bunch of friends together, get terrorist supplies (or produce them legally), create a base for yourselves, and make threats to the government. If they fail to satisfy your demands, you go ahead and blow up some key government roadblock, or take a cop/civilian hostage for ransom. Basically it's just roleplay, as you can see. Mindless killing can get you banned, but if you do it in a RP and fun way, it's more than promoted.

for example here are the server rules for a server I play on sometimes:

http://slr-rpg.mh-gamerscommunity.de/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4

Lal
04-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks a lot for the reply slikbaz! I might actually try this out.