PDA

View Full Version : Soooo is outerlight throwing the sponge?

Die_Angel
04-08-2010, 04:36 AM
The shiponline seems to be down, so there is no access to the manual.
Any chance someone could put it on the forum and would valve be kind enough to update the link, cause right now selling a game with most infos about it leading to dead links is kind of...

I remember fondly when i bought this game, the concept is just awesome... but where are the players?

Are peoples today too dumb for this kind of games?

tschumann
04-08-2010, 05:55 AM
I've still got the manual; I'll upload it when I get the chance.
You could try accessing the site via webarchive and see if you can get it that way too.

tschumann
04-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Here it is: http://cid-1bcc5bd24a241de4.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/ship/manual.pdf

Soller
04-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Anyone know exactly what happened to Outerlight? It looks kind of like they went out of business. If they did go out of business, would The Ship become free on steam? What happens? Someone ask Valve about this!

tschumann
04-11-2010, 01:54 AM
I don't think they've gone out of business, recently there was news about their latest game's classification.
I don't think the game will become free though. Either their publisher or Valve will inherit it (I think it's Activision has control of Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines since Troika went bankrupt).

Cedge
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Anyone know exactly what happened to Outerlight? It looks kind of like they went out of business. If they did go out of business, would The Ship become free on steam? What happens? Someone ask Valve about this!

Haha, no, Valve does not get to take control of IPs when a developer goes out of business.

Outerlight is still in business, working on the sequel to The Ship, called Bloody Good Time, which will be published by Ubisoft for PC and XBLA.

Steam already has placeholder data for Bloody Good Time in the system. It IS coming.

Mastix
04-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Haha, no, Valve does not get to take control of IPs when a developer goes out of business.

Outerlight is still in business, working on the sequel to The Ship, called Bloody Good Time, which will be published by Ubisoft for PC and XBLA.

Steam already has placeholder data for Bloody Good Time in the system. It IS coming.

Oh god no, I sense DRM

TerryWogan
04-15-2010, 10:18 AM

ohh hadnt heard about this game, this is good news

I googled it and sure enough it exists but I couldnt find anywhere that said Outerlight are involved, unless Outerlight are under the wing of Ubi now?

Malak233
04-16-2010, 01:31 AM
ohh hadnt heard about this game, this is good news

I googled it and sure enough it exists but I couldnt find anywhere that said Outerlight are involved, unless Outerlight are under the wing of Ubi now?

I don't have evidence, but I believe the reasoning is something like this:
1) Outerlight announced some time ago that they were making The Ship 2 under a major publisher. I believe this was announced on their main website, which is currently down. I also remember them mentioning that the setting would be different.

2) Some time after (late 2008), the employees of Outerlight were spotted playing a game on Steam called Hollywood Murder Party (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56137). As this game does not exist, it was assumed that this must be the sequel to The Ship.

3) In early 2010, Ubisoft registered a game called 'Bloody Good Time'. The description on the website (http://bloody-good-time.uk.ubi.com/comingsoon.php) states 'Bloody Good Time is a game regrouping ambitious teen actors ready to kill for fame! Selected by a weird B-movie director looking for the best shot, they will do anything to get the lead role.'

4) Essentially, that blurb may be describing the game formerly known as Hollywood Murder Party.

tschumann
04-16-2010, 05:30 PM
I think Outerlight employees were spotted playing Bloody Good Time as well.

TerryWogan
04-18-2010, 10:38 AM
aha, yea I'd heard about the Hollywood Murder Party and what youve said seems to make perfect sense

Cedge
04-21-2010, 01:50 AM
The Steam placeholder data for Bloody Good Time lists Outerlight as the developer, so, there's your evidence. And to those questioning whether or not Outerlight is still operating: the Steam placeholder data for Bloody Good Time was only recently added to the system. Why would they have added this, listing Outerlight as the dev, if Outerlight was dead?

tschumann
04-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Where is this placeholder data?

Cedge
04-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Where is this placeholder data?

In the Steam content backbone system. Not sure if it's okay to talk about it, I'm afraid. You'll just have to trust me. :)

ouT-Phaze
08-07-2010, 04:11 AM
In the Steam content backbone system. Not sure if it's okay to talk about it, I'm afraid. You'll just have to trust me. :)

umm, lol? I mean, I believe it exists, I just don't think anyone really gives a rat's ♥♥♥♥ if you give details or not.

Not like it's a big title, it's just a very niche title the cult is really excited to hear news about...