PDA

View Full Version : Activision pulled the plug on the stats servers!

arizonachris
04-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Not the dedicated servers themselves, but the servers that save your rank online.

"activision wrote:The stats servers for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars have been taken down. As a result stats for this game will no longer be recorded. This should not affect the ability to play online. Due to the shutdown of the stats servers there will no longer be a difference between ranked and unranked matches. All matches will be unranked."

Nice going, Activision. :mad:

Anisotonic
04-09-2010, 10:14 AM
yeah and the forums seem to have disappeared

activision = ♥♥♥♥listed.

92Hotel
04-09-2010, 10:08 PM
There are a lot of people that will have a bad experience with a big publisher like this and say "I'M NOT BUYING THEIR STUFF EVERY AGAIN!" For the most part we know that people give in on this because of some new title they want to play with their friends, but I seriously blacklist publishers for repeated offenses.

arizonachris
04-12-2010, 09:41 AM
OK, this is what my clanleader has found out so far:

"dr.funkenstein and i have both posted on the SD forums our findings on ranked servers. your stats are still recorded on ranked servers. they are not recorded on unranked servers. this is a fact. the only thing that is now missing is a webpage which displays every players stats and the interface to compare them all. i think people were confusing stats website with stats server and activision saying whatever the heck they want, true or not, didnt help the matter.

noticed i said "recorded" and not "tracked". some of are still waiting on an explanation of offline and online components in the stats recording. besides the fact that ranked and unranked servers still have differences the answers and reasons why are still going unanswered."

Doesn't matter anymore anyways. Y'all should join us and have some fun playing the best MP game ever! :D

Iconoclast XVII
04-12-2010, 10:09 AM
I haven't played this game in forever, but didn't certain guns require you to be so high to unlock? Like the mounted grenade launcher? If they are just meaningless ranks then I don't see why it would matter if they were there or not...

slam360
04-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I haven't played this game in forever, but didn't certain guns require you to be so high to unlock? Like the mounted grenade launcher? If they are just meaningless ranks then I don't see why it would matter if they were there or not...

the only things "unlockable" in this entire game is:

1.rank and title which is purely statistical

2.upgrades that only stick with you for the current campaign (3 maps total).
ex's. are an extra clip for your main gun , faster sprint, reduced weapon spread.

now heres where the confusion probably comes in. both teams have a "field ops" (on strogg team it is called an oppressor) which means thats the guy that calls in the big guns from the sky like artillery or plasma mortars and things of the like. the very first upgrade for that class is an assault rifle (or strogg equivalent) that has a scope. this is the first (and easiest) upgrade to get for that class.

now theres also another class that has a level 1 weapon upgrade option. he is the engineer (strogg; constructor) starts out with a normal assault rifle, his first weapon upgrade is the grenade launcher (strogg; plasma launcher---> same thing)

you are not forced to use these weapons (scoped assault rifle or the grenade launcher) for these classes, and the nade launcher does shoot slightly slower than the normal rifle.

at the end of EVERY campaign: campaign stats are erased (but still recorded under your personal stats page) and at the start of a new campaign EVERYBODY starts out exactly even again. (who the ♥♥♥♥ had the bright idea of persistent unlockable weapons?) u CANT balance out a game like that. *cough* MW2 *COUGH*

Simbot
04-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Did the pull the plug on the streaming advertisement in-game too?
The reason for it was to help pay for online stats tracking.

arizonachris
04-30-2010, 01:31 AM

Good question, I haven't been paying attention. Too busy trying to keep from getting owned by Slam360 all the time, LOL :D

slam360
04-30-2010, 10:22 AM

nope, its still there. in fact it is VERY kept up to date with advertisements. so WTF, wheres the money going then dammit?!:mad:

arizonachris
04-30-2010, 10:23 AM
nope, its still there. in fact it is VERY kept up to date with advertisements. so WTF, wheres the money going then dammit?!:mad:

You already know the answer to that. :(

Kibblesman
08-24-2010, 12:35 AM
You already know the answer to that. :(

To MW2? To the next ad campaign for the next COD?

Man, ♥♥♥♥ Activision, this is BS!

xMaggostx
08-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Damn...just damn.

I dont play this game for a long time because is almost dead and poor performance. I mean, this game is almost excelente comparing with newests games, has tons of features and excelent gameplay, idk what happened with the community.

If this game has a lot of players like Battlefield and the devs fix the performance problem, this game will be so epic.

arizonachris
08-24-2010, 09:21 PM
xMaggostx, the game is alive and doing well. Visit our server sometime, "The Perfect Cherry Blossom" :D

arisaka
08-26-2010, 12:29 AM
This is why people hate Activision. (and love Valve)

Friendliest
11-02-2010, 02:18 PM
This is why people hate Activision. (and love Valve)

more like this is why ppl hate activision and valve

arizonachris
11-03-2010, 02:20 PM
more like this is why ppl hate activision and valve

Why should I hate Valve? I have been a member since 2004 and only once had my account hijacked. I have 70 games now thru Steam. Can't say the don't have their flaws, every company does.

Activison can wipe my butt. They suk, period. 'nuff said.