View Full Version : Did you get it?

brduran
04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Did you like the Single Player? On a score of 1-10

Did you like the Multi Player? On a score of 1-10

What else did you or didn't you like?

Choster
04-09-2010, 12:20 PM
I am wondering also. Looks like it could be a hidden gem or a turd.

Tei
04-09-2010, 12:22 PM
no metacritic, no blog buzz, no marketing,.. the whole thing really fly below the radar.

If anyone pick some info, please post it here.

Shadow_man_uk
04-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Or they could atleast release a demo why dont companies do demos anymore :(

Klitoride
04-09-2010, 12:25 PM
how the hell is possible nobody bought it yet? i dont have so much time to play in this period anuway, but it looks worth 14€...

booyaka33
Maybe they are afraid that their product is no good..

WaZzUp115
Or they could atleast release a demo why dont companies do demos anymore :(

Yeah, I'm not gonna buy this without a demo..

Edit: Bought it, lol..

Madmanden
04-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Just bought it... Downloading now. Will post impressions soon :)

Trixtran
04-09-2010, 12:41 PM
is a steam exclusive.. so hope in something good
some articles about the game http://www.co-optimus.com/article/3741/the-scourge-project-hits-steam-today-10-off-for-first-week.html

LukaKovach
04-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Just bought it... Downloading now. Will post impressions soon :)

Please do! :)

ben583
04-09-2010, 12:42 PM
This game looks like it could be very good or fail completely.
Honestly, I've been waiting for a story-focused co-op game, and this could be it.
I'd get it right now, but my connection isn't healthy for multiplayer and I just bought a few games...

Madmanden
04-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Well it takes more time to download than expected. It's a whopping 6 gigs which is a lot considering the price of the game. it will be ready in 30 mins or so, since the modern warfare 2 weekend is crippling the steam servers in my area.

PIKK
04-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Here is a trailer of the game

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-the-scourge/62408?type=flv

Choster
04-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Here is a trailer of the game

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-the-scourge/62408?type=flv

Same trailer thats on the store page.

Oriental Sniper
04-09-2010, 12:56 PM
We don't want trailers, trailers always lie.

whateva
04-09-2010, 01:05 PM
The minute i hear its hot im copping it(Trailer was meh but co-op pc & multi :D), i wanted to get lead and gold but there is no set up forum to determine if that's hot. I guess i just don't want to blow any money on Abandon ware.

Sollus
04-09-2010, 01:09 PM
There is a forum for Lead and Gold (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=860), they just haven't linked it from the store page yet.

Lead and Gold looks pretty good but I'm waiting for dedicated servers, which should be soon.

[Edit] I doubt it'll be abandonware either, the devs are pretty active on the Steam forum and, of course, their offical forum (http://forums.leadandgold.com/index.php).

Anyway, sorry to go off-topic, I'm curious about this game too. Looking forward to seeing some feedback.

Duke0
04-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Just bought it, Download is going really slow though. MW2 Weekend I guess! Will report back when it finishes...

AxoZombie
04-09-2010, 01:37 PM
downloading . . . from the re-fund of Lead and Gold:p (sry LaG, but no dedi = fail)

Xabu
04-09-2010, 01:39 PM
We don't want trailers, trailers always lie.

So do demos. Also demos are a hell of a lot larger investment than most people realize, you can't just take a "chunk" out of the game and slap it in. And even then, this is a $20 game so don't hold your breath.

Lead and Gold is a really good game but needs some work, but that's not what this forum is about.

This one looks interesting, I'll probably check it out.

kikinchaz
04-09-2010, 01:45 PM
downloading . . . from the re-fund of Lead and Gold:p (sry LaG, but no dedi = fail)

And the developers are constantly active on the Steam forums and guarantee Dedicated Servers support within a matter of weeks.

Anyone got any impressions of Scourge yet? I worry it'l be a poor yet pretty Gears rip-off.

AxoZombie
04-09-2010, 01:49 PM
And the developers are constantly active on the Steam forums and guarantee Dedicated Servers support within a matter of weeks.

yep, yep , guarantee

we will see when . . .
and i dont like the talking about "crouch" ♥♥♥♥♥ . . . i want a full speed action Western game and not an next crouch>camp game

but i think i will buy it again at the first steam deal for this game

Initium
04-09-2010, 01:49 PM
The game seems interesting but I don't really like the idea of an episodic formula. :S

kalirion
04-09-2010, 01:50 PM
What is that? It just redirects me to an ad for DA:O when I click it.

It's a spam. He's been spamming that in many forums. I wonder if someone just hired him to make Bioware look bad? Anyway, just report the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

Fatdude
04-09-2010, 01:53 PM
That spammed thing is about the Bioware Bazaar that they will do for their 15th anniversary or something.The more ppl click that link the more tokens he will get to get free games

kalirion
04-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Any way he can be reported to Bioware so they ban him from the bazaar or something?

Korn1699
04-09-2010, 02:02 PM
That spammed thing is about the Bioware Bazaar that they will do for their 15th anniversary or something.The more ppl click that link the more tokens he will get to get free games

Yeah, that contest kind of annoys me.. The only way to get close to winning anything is by doing that. I have all the points you can get other than through the link referrals, and I'm not even close to where I could win anything.

SpicyEnchilada
04-09-2010, 02:02 PM
So, is the game any good?

Korn1699
04-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Any way he can be reported to Bioware so they ban him from the bazaar or something?

Almost all the winners are winning by doing that, and they seem to be supporting it..

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/13/index/2173968/2#2177657

Krapo
04-09-2010, 02:08 PM
i'm sure at 100% this game worth his price, but downloading... 6go :eek::eek:

kalirion
04-09-2010, 02:39 PM
i'm sure at 100% this game worth his price, but downloading... 6go :eek::eek:

So 6 gigs of bandwidth is worth more to you than $18? I'm guessing you don't have very good internet access...

BTW, where are the first impressions already?

Belsaga
04-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Is a complete mistery the game.
In the official site they didn't update any info...

Darkreaver1980
04-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I just buyed it, will write a review but first i need to sleep, so in around 8 hours :)

Deband
04-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Just bought it too. Will post thoughts tomorrow :)

Found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxtjoNb2dE8&feature=PlayList&p=EBFF3229AE21EC6F&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=48

Looks like it was an FPS 3 years ago. Still looks kinda good.

testy
04-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks to all the people that have bought it and plan to write a review for it. I would like to buy this title either way, but having read a review beforehand would be the more reasonable thing to do.

WaZzUp115
04-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Damn, I gave into the peer pressure and bought it as well! xD

And in the worst case scenario, I've given a poor developer some cash at least..

Edit: I wonder if steam has some kinda of quota for the bandwidth for each game, either that or everyone is downloading Modern Warfare 2. (the later is probably more likely)

Fatdude
04-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Yeah im gonna wait for some reviews or a few quick bug fixes etc.I need a good and long multiplayer game to play.

Madmanden
04-09-2010, 03:33 PM
okay these are my first impressions of playing for 45-60 minutes single-player:

Gameplay:
I played with a logitech 360 controller and the game detected it and set itself up for it without problems. The gameplay so far seems to be gears of war and mass effect mixed together in 4 player co-op. Don't expect miracles from the gunplay since it feels kind of "flat". The guns work fine and do the damage you would expect. So far you have the standard arsenal (pistol, shotgun, assault rifle and so on...) some elements like the leaping over chest-high walls move get buggy sometimes but work mostly. Cover mechanics is pretty much like in mass effect 2 but feels a bit more stiff. The game have promised me some "powers" later on but i havent gotten that far into it yet. Overall the gameplay is good but needs to be polished slightly before being great.

Sound:
Voice acting is fine and actually better than a lot of full-priced titles. Its not great but it gets the job done. The guns sound like you would expect them to and nothing really stands out. I could not get the sound to work on my USB headset but HDMI output worked fine.

Graphics:
It looks like an Unreal 3.0 game. But because it's on pc only the textures are noticeably higher resolution than most ported games. It ran smooth most of the time on my notebook at max settings

Overall:
So far this looks like a good investment, especially if you have some friends to play co-op with since the AI is not that bright. Story seems like it could be interesting but i need more time to play it before i can make any conclusions about that.

Specs:
2,53Ghz C2D
4GB DDR3 RAM
Geforce 9800m GTS

Hope this helps you decide if you should buy or not :)

testy
04-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Useful already. I had expected this to be a GoW clone, but since GoW2 is not on PC (damn you Epic/MS) this might be fine. I would like the story to be above average, but since I can entertain myself enough with RFG's story I guess it shouldn't be a hard feat. The mostly Co-Op thing had me worry, since I doubt my RL friends will get this, but I guess I'll live after being able to accept L4D's bot support.

WaZzUp115
04-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Useful already. I had expected this to be a GoW clone, but since GoW2 is not on PC (damn you Epic/MS) this might be fine. I would like the story to be above average, but since I can entertain myself enough with RFG's story I guess it shouldn't be a hard feat. The mostly Co-Op thing had me worry, since I doubt my RL friends will get this, but I guess I'll live after being able to accept L4D's bot support.

Just join the steam group and check if anyone wants to play..
It also seems this game uses gamespy for the gamebrowser so finding a game shouldn't be a problem..

PIKK
04-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Just did a small gameplay video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDYXVamt2vk

testy
04-09-2010, 04:28 PM
It also seems this game uses gamespy for the gamebrowser so finding a game shouldn't be a problem..So I guess that means I have to have a GameSpy account in addition to logging in with Steam?

XScArY PeOpLeX
04-09-2010, 04:56 PM
OK so the game has a very good idea and the characters look good kinda feels like play unreal tournament 3 in 3rd person with a gears of war twist but good game so far lots of bugs though there's a lot of memory leaks and it bogs down sometimes during big battles once they get some of these fixed its gonna be good.

Chizu
04-09-2010, 05:01 PM

(Still Processing)

Is that with the AI?
They sure go down alot.

meh, I dunno about this. The vids are pretty uninspiring.

lxlANDlxl
04-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Is that with the AI?
They sure go down alot.

I have to agree on this... think i'm, just gonna get lead and gold or plain sight instead (if i wanna get a new indie game)

PIKK
04-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Is that with the AI?
They sure go down alot.

Yeah the AI is bad, this game is meant to be played with other players its soo much better.

Cornpwn
04-09-2010, 05:25 PM
It's a spam. He's been spamming that in many forums. I wonder if someone just hired him to make Bioware look bad? Anyway, just report the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

Wow, that's pretty ****ed up.

kalirion
04-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Wow, that's pretty ****ed up.

Actually Korn1699 was correct - it's a Bioware Bazaar thing where they can get points to bid on auctions from people clicking their links. It still makes Bioware look bad though. I wonder what kind of idiot PR guy thought this was a good idea.

uprize
04-09-2010, 06:27 PM
vidoes look like mass effect. If its like that Ill buy it

MuzixMon
04-09-2010, 06:45 PM
I bought it, played for around 1 hr and basically don't want to load it again. I was going to buy 2 copies (1 for my friend as well) and I'm glad I didn't. I am a avid shooter player and I give just about any first person or third person game a chance but so far this game is extremely disappointing. I've run into some weird bugs so far that basically stop your mission and make you start over from checkpoint for NO obvious reasons! The shooting is bland as could be and the enemies just stand there until they fall over from a ton of gunfire. This game needs a LOT of fine tuning and patching galore before it'll be passable. The funny thing is I'm usually much more forgiving to small developer games like this but this is just poor. I feel just as disappointed as when I bought M.O.B. (It's called Drug Wars now) and for those of you who knew what a mess that was it should give you an idea about this one. The graphics are nice and I can see some potential but it's got a LOOOONG way to go...

WaZzUp115
04-09-2010, 07:57 PM
I can now confirm that a gamespy account is required for online play, you can register an account in-game though and select save-password and auto-login, so it's not much of a hassle.

WaZzUp115
04-09-2010, 09:50 PM
I've run into some weird bugs so far that basically stop your mission and make you start over from checkpoint for NO obvious reasons!

Are you sure it's not your team mate running ahead and dying.
They die when the red circle around the round icon with a cross in it is full. (red ring of death :D)
I'm stuck at a place where this happens over and over because 1 guy runs in and gets himself incapacitated, then dies and I can't save him because there are enemies shooting from all directions and I don't have the time to take them out.
The worst part is the cut-scene which you can't skip that plays when you load the checkpoint.

Codine
04-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Game is great, if it works correctly.

Like a lot of people have said, the game has a lot of bugs right now. The worst bug I came across was not being able to res teammates if they're down, which I admit is a pretty bad bug, but the actual gameplay is a lot of fun.

Basically It's gears of war 4 player coop with special abilities. Some powers are cloned but done in a different variation to give each character a different play style. The boss battles are a real thrill too.

Hopefully this game gets patched and not dropped and forgotten like many other pc games these days...

I say get this game if you have friends to play with, it's a lot of fun if you can look past the bugs. Quite the sleeper hit for coop fans.

WaZzUp115
04-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I'd advise anyone to wait before buying this..
I sent a mail to the developers asking them to get more involved with the community and come to these forums, so let's see if they intend to support this game with future updates and patches or if they're just moving on to the Xbox/PS3 which I read will release a year or so after the PC version.
I'm thinking they might use the PC version as a beta test to get feedback and polish the game for the console releases, at least that would mean they would fix and patch the game.

testy
04-10-2010, 12:40 AM
I guess thats fine, at least PC gets it first. Hopefully they can handle the fixes on a reasonable timeline.

Larry1212
04-10-2010, 02:50 AM

Looks alright but also a bit clunky in movement.

The AI and squad revive system looks to be a bad decision though but for an indie(?) developer's first release(?) it looks quite nice and playable. Needless to say if you want to really play it it looks like you'll have to get a group of friends together and not rely on the AI.

I think i'll buy it soon. It looks to be good for the price, considering it has Co-Op and is only 14.99.

AxoZombie
04-10-2010, 04:47 AM
wow, the game is really good, the game is the money worth.
I'm @ episode 2.2
playing atm only alone with AI . . .
yeah the AI is totaly stupid, but only the squad members, the enemie AI ist ok.

omnithrope
04-10-2010, 08:13 AM
My friend and I have been looking for as many coop games as we can find. A cheap gears of war clone? Sure!

I mean, it's less than $20. It can't suck that bad, can it?

PIKK
04-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Just uploaded another video with a strange enemy and in CO-OP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDH7ftQD0KI
Enjoy

sperry201
04-10-2010, 09:46 AM
This game looks promising. Will add it to my wish list and maybe get it before the week ends.

AxoZombie
04-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Just uploaded another video with a strange enemy and in CO-OP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDH7ftQD0KI
Enjoy

good video with good quality

btw this lil aliens a nice enemys but much weaker than the human enemies . . . to easy

KDR_11k
04-10-2010, 03:35 PM
It's pretty but very clunky, many things that need polishing. Sometimes aiming out of cover makes your dude aim at the edge of the cover instead of above it. Cutscenes are unskippable and you are encouraged to play through with different characters so you'll see those unskippable scenes multiple times. Some level designs are confusing, making it hard to tell where you're meant to go next even with the indicator on the radar. In many respects it feels like they thought they were making a console game.

MADDOGGE
04-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Did you like the Single Player? On a score of 1-10

Did you like the Multi Player? On a score of 1-10

What else did you or didn't you like?My son asked me to buy it for him last night. After reading the reported pros and cons, he still wanted to go for it so I did. He started playing this morning. So far he has only played a little over an hour/hour and a half in SP and says 7.5 to 7.8 out of 10 and having a good time. Without the occasional glitches he says it would be a solid 8. A fun little mix of a beta GEARS1/Mass Effect/DeadSpace/Doom3. He is running this on a P4 3.2 Ghz, 2GB ram, 8600GTS 256, win XP. Solid frame rate. A cheap and fun little filler game. He is happy with the gift and I'm happy I didn't waste my money!

Kitsunami
04-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Wierd how i never saw it before.

Were going to record some footage today probably

Brilliant game, myself and my freind have had NONE of the known bugs/issues. Well worth the money

testy
04-12-2010, 12:19 PM
He is happy with the gift and I'm happy I didn't waste my money!I think I remember you from the KF forums. Is this worth the money like KF? If it is I think I'll have an easier decision.

spaceback
04-12-2010, 02:12 PM
whats the playerbase like? are there many people playing, easy to find a game etc?

WaZzUp115
04-12-2010, 02:32 PM
whats the playerbase like? are there many people playing, easy to find a game etc?

53 Coop servers up and running.
1 Deathmatch game with 9/16 players.

spaceback
04-12-2010, 03:35 PM
53 Coop servers up and running.
1 Deathmatch game with 9/16 players.

wow, thats loads more than I thought. :D
thanks.

MADDOGGE
04-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I think I remember you from the KF forums. Is this worth the money like KF? If it is I think I'll have an easier decision.Sorry I don't have Killing Floor if thats what you are referring to.

My son likes it despite it's lack of polish. I have watched him play and probably would enjoy playing it myself. I have no personal experience playing it though.

game_over
04-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Not that bad. Pretty buggy and the animations are so bad that they're actually funny. Single-player campaign is really difficult with your suicidal AI "buddies" (if you can call them that). I was going to make a Jericho reference - seeing as this game is also by a Spanish developer - but decided not to.

Compared to similar shooters like Gear of War and Kane & Lynch, the gameplay is the usual 'hold wave in cover', 'stay in cover', 'pop out of cover for a second and go back in for a minute' and 'cover the cover' and 'shoot the head'. The AI is the secondary (and sometimes primary) reason for your failures, so be careful in SP.

One other outstanding major issue is with the coding. Triggers, scripts and controls are very shoddy and sometimes don't respond. Really, if your controls of all things are buggy, either you had an uncle in the industry who got you there, or you granted sexual favours for your lecturer back in college or your team chemistry was horrible and you had a difficult time during the development, because I'm well aware of the changes this game had to go from 1st to 3rd person and the artistic changes. But for the sake of whatever good is in this world, patch this game up (I'm also open to all sob stories).

I see there is some love and care put into this game. Despite the hint of the usual shooter generics, there are some areas that the game shines, such as the weapon selection mechanic, with the same type of weapon coming with separate pros and cons.

I would suggest that you play this game in co-op, preferably with a friend. Expect strange behaviour from the server mechanics. You'll have people just randomly barging in your password-protected servers. Be prepared for that and change your passwords frequently.

Speaking of shooter. Why isn't there a Warhammer 40K shooter with space marines? :(