PDA

View Full Version : UT3 hello anyone home?

Soulwatcher
04-09-2010, 05:11 PM
I know the guy in the thread below said the game was dead. I figured how bad could it be. Well I bought the UT3 Black and let me tell you its BAD!. There is only a handfull of people playing.

When I checked hide the empty and full servers. 5 servers came up and only one of them had enough people to make it worth while playing.

If your thinking about buying this game save your $20 and put it towards something worthy. I should have taken my own advice now I have a game i'll never play!

chronox12
04-11-2010, 01:40 AM
That's pretty accurate. I just got this game 3 days ago and almost no one is online playing it. Good thing it only cost me $8.00.

Benfica101
04-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Check also "List All Game Modes"

NJuice
04-11-2010, 10:06 AM
More than just a handful of players, though not quite as populated as other UT games which is a shame as UT3 is brilliant.

Due to bad initial reactions when the game first came out. Hardware requirements were a bit too steep for the majority of systems at the time. Also, the removal of assault mode didn't make things better for the reputation of the game.

But I do agree that it is a great game.

white_widow
12-15-2012, 07:46 AM
it looks like nobody plays it

ulululululululu
01-06-2013, 07:10 AM
There are people still playing it. Including myself. 4+ yrs of UT3 with online players and it's the only game I play.

white_widow
03-06-2013, 02:43 AM
It's been dead from day 1.
I remember UT99 and UT2004 - both were in top 5 games in the world when they were released.
UT3 didn't even make it to the top 50.

ericL
04-16-2013, 01:04 PM
At least you have real dedicated servers, hosting and bot matches. Because of this, you can still play this game on LANpartys etc.

ulululululululu
04-16-2013, 02:04 PM
8.12.17.12:7777:6500 Official Epic UT3 Greed #1

There are currently 6 players atm playing Canal Warfare. This is the busiest North American Greed server. You can find the server full (20 players) at times on the weekend, even sometimes during the week. So if you want some UT3 online action join up!

playblah
05-23-2013, 04:16 PM
no anti cheat ruined the game, at lauch it was sold out and every server was packed, then everyone repeatedly got hacked and dropped to 2k4 which was pirated easily.

Mick_Sykes
05-31-2013, 07:13 AM
Unreal Tournament 3 came out between the releases of CoD4, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, The Orange Box, Crysis, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band and the annual EA Sports games, which were all in the pre-christmas sale period of 2007 (October-November). UT3 was the one biting the dust, with barely a million sales until March 08. It never got the attention of the mass market and, in response, Epic tossed the Unreal franchise aside in favor of the more profitable Gears of War franchise.

TL;DR

Few cared about UT3 back then and no one cares about it right now.

Ripulimylly
07-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Unreal Tournament 3 came out between the releases of CoD4, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, The Orange Box, Crysis, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band and the annual EA Sports games, which were all in the pre-christmas sale period of 2007 (October-November). UT3 was the one biting the dust, with barely a million sales until March 08. It never got the attention of the mass market and, in response, Epic tossed the Unreal franchise aside in favor of the more profitable Gears of War franchise.

TL;DR

Few cared about UT3 back then and no one cares about it right now.

I hope some day they will return to unreal. Not yet the time for that, but someday in future...