PDA

View Full Version : Portal has TF2 fonts and it broken!

Uber Kitty
04-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Help me please.

A while ago I played the hl2 maps with portal.

Now, a year later, I want my girlfriend to play portal.

However, after the intro video (valve), the menu background is the same as the first hl2 background.

I thought I could just start a new game and it would fix it, but the menu is TF2's menu!

When I load a level manually, the hud is messed up and when I use the scroll wheel, it crashes.

How do I clean my game and get a fresh reinstall of it!

nrnoble
04-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Sounds like your asking about deleting local content.

Right click on 'Portal' from the steam window and select "delete local content'

This will force a new download of Portal from the steam servers when you go to play the game.

tschumann
04-09-2010, 08:36 PM
You shouldn't need to redownload the whole thing. To clean the game you can just delete steamapps\<user>\portal\portal

iceman78772
04-16-2010, 10:09 PM
maybe the files got mixed up in the tf2 and hl2 stuff idk im not very good with this stuff

nrnoble
04-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Valve does things like this when they get bored, have too much too drink, or when they run out of Mountian Dew .... ;)

nod113
04-17-2010, 10:40 PM
try verifying the game cache like so:

1. Load Steam
2. From the My Games tab, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
4. Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes. Do not verify the cache files for multiple games simultaneously - some games share cache files with other games and this may cause problems with verification.

ĞMλRCOğ
04-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Delete the portal folder

There i fixed it