PDA

View Full Version : free weekend fail...

1rapture
04-10-2010, 03:27 AM
I was optimistic that it wouldn't be as bad as everybody talked about.

I was wrong, very wrong. It's worse than I could have imagined. I mean, people are just blatantly naming themselves "freeweekend" and hacking it up like edward scissor hands.

This was an obvious mistake to the people who have been playing this game and even more obvious to try to get a few extra $$$ out of innocent noobs who might end up buying the game after the weekend is over.

Either way I'm really disappointed in the direction MW2 is going.

senz
04-10-2010, 03:32 AM
After this free MW2 weekend i don't think they will have a MW2 free weekend ever again...but i do agree with you on the cheaters part, im sure Valve knows and will implement an update to VAC sooner or later..

1rapture
04-10-2010, 03:35 AM
I think it's equally valve and IW's fault.

Valve used to stand by a quality product and that has gone downhill since they opened up steam to pretty much all publishers. They shouldn't allow such crappy quality in steam.

IW is equally at fault for mearly trying to squeeze out every last dollar possible from consumers. It's more than obvious, and at the same time, sad because it will probably work.

Stu Alpha
04-10-2010, 03:46 AM
The best part? The 10$ off isn't enough to be considered as a front page sale either, just a discount.

But yes, it seems that Valve themselves are the only ones who know how to make a working free weekend. It seems that Activision wanted a windfall like what Valve has every time there's an expansion for TF2, and ended up making an event that fell flat on its face.

Anonymao
04-10-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm just unhappy that it lets the hacks out.
I played a game today, had a whole team of hackers, and they were spamming their hack and website. Totally non-hetero

schnitzeljaeger
04-10-2010, 04:10 AM
This weekend is really ♥♥♥♥ed up... I play TDM only and every (!) game has a hacker if not more than one!

Stu Alpha
04-10-2010, 04:16 AM
I'm just unhappy that it lets the hacks out.
I played a game today, had a whole team of hackers, and they were spamming their hack and website. Totally non-hetero

Why didn't you write it down and PMed it to a mod, a little payback helps alot

phforNZ
04-10-2010, 04:42 AM
All I can say is Kudos to the bright cookie who thought of the free weekend idea, and ruining what playability MW2 had left in it.

At least 4 hackers on each server. I give em all hell obviously, but I can only do so much (only managed to chalk up a single win against them.)

GfG.