PDA

View Full Version : Invisible War Problem, Please Help

mainsy10
04-10-2010, 02:16 PM
I bought Deus Ex invisible war from amazon (New) and when it arrived i installed it and played it for about 5 or 10 minutes just to test it out and see if it would run properly. It worked fine, the graphics were smooth the sound was perfect, there were no real problems. Since everything was fine i quit the game and decided to play it later, but thats when i encountered a problem. I put the disc in and started the game up like normal, but everytime i go over to someone and talk to them the game crashes and then closes itself Leaving me with an annoying error report thing. If anybody could help me with this i'd really appreciate it.

(I dont know if this will help but i'll say it anyways) I bought the game brand new from amazon, I live in the UK so its the European version of the game, its not a graphics issue or anything like that, like i said it runs fine.

Edit: I've just looked in my data folder and there are a few files that look corrupt,
_corrupt.sm
_corrupt.smd
_corrupt.tim
_missing.arc
_missing.sm
_missing.smd
_missing.tim

Could this be why its crashing when i talk to people? should i delete them or not? Also why are these missing/corrupt i mean all the files should be on the disc right?

MADDOGGE
04-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Thats odd considering it is playing until you try and talk to someone. Usually UAC or DEP will stop you before you get that far it thats the problem. try verifying your game cache if you haven't done so. You may be missing some sound/video files and so it crashes when it goes to find them and can't.

What error are you getting and what are your specs, though I'm sure for a game this old, you are way beyond requirements.

mainsy10
04-10-2010, 02:33 PM
The error message im getting says "Deus Ex Ivisible war has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" I've tried looking at exactly what caused the error but i found nothing. My Graphics card and all that stuff are fine and the game runs nice and smoothly but talking to people crashes the game for some reason, its quite annoying. (Thanks for replying so fast)

Jito463
04-10-2010, 02:51 PM
@MADDOGGE
He didn't buy it through Steam

@mainsy10
Try installing the retail 1.2 patch (http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/4239/Deus+Ex:+Invisible+War+Retail+1.2+Patch).

mainsy10
04-10-2010, 02:55 PM
@Jito463
I read somewhere that the v1.2 patch comes already installed on the European version of the game, I dont know if thats true or not but thanks i'll try it

Jito463
04-10-2010, 03:02 PM
@mainsy10
You're right, I just looked it up on http://www.planetdeusex.com. The Euro version does not require it, only the US version. My bad.

mainsy10
04-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Its ok i'll try reinstalling the game or something.

MADDOGGE
04-10-2010, 03:13 PM
@MADDOGGE
He didn't buy it through Steam.God how stupid of me! He said he bought it on Amazon, doh!

Ok, you sure it's the Euro-version and not a American version that got snuck in on you?

Since it doesn't take long to install, I'd agree, re-install and see if that fixes the problem since you can't verify.

mainsy10
04-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Ok so i Just reinstalled it and launched the game and now the main menu(New game, load game ,options ect)is unresponsive and frozen. It seems that reinstalling it has made it worse and now i cant even get onto the game. i really have no idea what has happened here.

Also im sure its the Euro version. Hmmmmm what to do?????