PDA

View Full Version : stupid bug ruining the game for me FIX PLEASE

AzureEmmanuel
04-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Half the time the USE key becomes...well...UNUSABLE...and I cant pick up weapons or downed squadmates making the game unplayable.

I have tried switching the binding but the same happens.

Sooo....fix it!

madmarten
04-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I have noticed this too. Sometimes it just stops working and then magically fixes itself...

Kiru
04-10-2010, 08:14 PM
...same here. Happens when I try to revive, access buttons, etc. Sporadic.

Kiru
04-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Oh, and how come there is no "command" key bind in the game options? In the manual, it's "g"... nothing in the in-game options, though. Squad is suicidal in single player.:confused:

WaZzUp115
04-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Oh, and how come there is no "command" key bind in the game options? In the manual, it's "g"... nothing in the in-game options, though. Squad is suicidal in single player.:confused:

Yeah, that is very strange..
Seems like the entire game was rushed out before a lot of the basic stuff was even finished.

Codine
04-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I really hope this gets all patched up. This game is a lot of fun when it actually works.

KDR_11k
04-11-2010, 02:54 AM
The only issue I had so far was the game prioritizing weapon pickups over revives or buttons so I had to move around until I was in range of the team mate/button but out of range of the dropped weapon next to it.

AzureEmmanuel
04-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Another "bug" I hope.

In single player your AI squadmates only revive you, completely ignoring the others.

Kiru
04-11-2010, 11:45 AM
The AI are defiantly suicidal in single player, and without the ability to order them to do things that are actually strategic, I'm going to stop playing the game until it's patched. The fact that a key bind for orders is mentioned in the manual, but is missing from the options menu, is particularly galling.

Situation after situation where they run into fire, or ignore dying squad members (with the revive timer near zero, which effectively ends the game session and forces you to restart the stage) to get to you first, makes the game experience futile, or, if nothing else, the luck of the draw.

For example, one stage had squad members charging into overwhelming odds, getting smacked down pretty much instantly, and making me run into the fray to revive them, which led to me getting smacked down. Rinse and repeat 3 times until the squad decided to stay with me, and we passed the stage.

Then another stage, where the squad stayed put at the beginning of the map while I moved forward, until I was overwhelmed by enemies that literally popped into existence, and I bled out while they picked their collective noses.

I'd like to give this game a chance (it's amusing enough when the "AI" works), but it seems like yet another case of an early release that was rushed out the door.

Pity; if it was a big name dev, we could all point at how they "used to be cool", etc., but since this is a newbie dev, all I can think of is "sloppy", and avoid them in the future, if they indeed survive past this release.

AzureEmmanuel
04-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Pity; if it was a big name dev, we could all point at how they "used to be cool", etc., but since this is a newbie dev, all I can think of is "sloppy", and avoid them in the future, if they indeed survive past this release.

Now now dont be harsh.
We all make mistakes, bashing a new dev will only result in them not caring since no one supports them.

Let's just wait a week or two and hope for fixes.

Kiru
04-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Okay, I'll give 'em a few weeks.;)

TMMDelta6
04-12-2010, 03:37 AM
Another "bug" I hope.

In single player your AI squadmates only revive you, completely ignoring the others.

This is likely intentional, and isn't unique to this game. Singleplayer campaign Battlefront 2, none of the AI players are able to capture objectives either. It forces you to do the wrok, rather than just sitting back and letting them get you through the game.

It's also marginally to your benefit, as it's a decent, reliable way to get co-op experience.

mitc1111
04-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Hey, back to the original issue of the E key sometimes not working ... This happens to me too. But I've found a way to get it to work again without having to restart a checkpoint.

Use the mouse wheel to switch your weapon and then try the E again. If it doesn't work, do it again. Wheeling the mouse wheel until "grenades" are selected seems to work the best.

Ex: you try to revive a mate and the "E" key suddenly isn't working. Ok, use the mouse wheel to change your weapon to grenades. Then try the "E" key again. Most of the time this solves it and the E key works from then on. At least for me. It's not perfect, but it beats restarting a checkpoint.