PDA

View Full Version : No multicore rendering in GMOD 10?

Crimson Rising
04-10-2010, 09:42 PM
I have an AMD Athlon II Propus Quad Core CPU and bought it to replace my AMD Phenom II quad core (going into another PC) and i want to know if it's possible to use multicore rendering in GMOD 10. There is a drop down box in the options but i can't click it. Was just wondering if it was my game or something else.

michael89
04-11-2010, 04:05 AM
It havent been added to Gmod 10 yet.
Would love to see it some day, though.

ultradude25
04-11-2010, 04:56 AM
That drop down box is in all Ep2 engine source games, but only TF2 (That I know of) actually makes use of it.

However, you can put the multicore rendering code into any Ep2 engine game. It will probably be unstable since it's not really supported (It's supported in TF2 and even then it's unstable).

Can't remember the command though, I think it was mat_ something.

michael89
04-11-2010, 08:25 AM
That drop down box is in all Ep2 engine source games, but only TF2 (That I know of) actually makes use of it.

However, you can put the multicore rendering code into any Ep2 engine game. It will probably be unstable since it's not really supported (It's supported in TF2 and even then it's unstable).

Can't remember the command though, I think it was mat_ something.

+ Day Of Defeat: Source has it.

Command for MCR is mat_queue_mode 2
I wont recommend to use it though. since it's really unstable + you cant take screenshots while it's on. (black screens)