PDA

View Full Version : Memory Leak?

heatproofsean
04-12-2010, 03:50 PM
I had page filing turned off and when i launched teh game, windows would error saying running low on virtual memory, please save your work and close KillingFloor.exe

Then when i join a room and finish loading it crashed to desktop with an error saying unable to load a texture.

I turned page filing back on and it seems to be ok, but I have 4GB of ram and its going from 40% on desktop to 78% when running. And this only started to happen today. Also my friend has the save issue with page filing set up on low.

Mister.D
04-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Same thing happens to me, the longer the game is played, the more memory it hogs.

This also seems the case when loading maps, starting a game and loading up a map is fast, but if you play a whole 10 full waves on hard the next map to load is usually slow but finishes loading, if you play another 10 waves you can almost guarantee that the game is going to freeze at the next map load.

moosecatlol
04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
sometimes I like to see which can be the first to reach 500k. Google chrome VS Killing Floor. I like how my ps2 games only run at 100k though :#

BLaZeDRas
04-14-2010, 08:41 PM
I had page filing turned off and when i launched teh game, windows would error saying running low on virtual memory, please save your work and close KillingFloor.exe

Then when i join a room and finish loading it crashed to desktop with an error saying unable to load a texture.

I turned page filing back on and it seems to be ok, but I have 4GB of ram and its going from 40% on desktop to 78% when running. And this only started to happen today. Also my friend has the save issue with page filing set up on low.

yup it does it on my "low" setting indeed. pretty annoying as I had to increase my virtual memory allowance and I like to keep it low since im on an SSD

Hiroshima
04-15-2010, 10:27 PM
I had this problem, re install