PDA

View Full Version : FIX for Activation error

solvalou
04-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Ok guys I found out a fix for the activation error.

First let me explain the reason why GTA4 is giving the activation error.

When you buy the new DLC it actually integrates with GTA4 launcher so that when you launch GTA4 it nows open up an ingame menu asking which game you wanna play (GTA4 or GTA4 EFLC). The problem everyone is having with the activation is because securom is trying to activate the game with the GTA4 serial and NOT the correct serial which would be the GTA4 EFLC serial.

HOW TO FIX:

first thing you need to do is right click on GTA4 EFLC and select view cd key. WRITE DOWN THIS SERIAL FOR ITEM 4 IN THE FOLLOWING GUIDE

1 - Launch GTA4
2 - When you get the activation error screen select manual activation.
3 - go here https://support.securom.com/rockstarunlock/GTA_IV/index.php?lang=en&c=unlock#info
4 - Fill in your serial for GTA4 EFLC (the one you wrote down on the start of this guide) and the unlock code (you can find the unlock code on the manual activation window.)
5 - After you fill in both fields click on generate unlock code.
7- just go back to manual activation window and put the code you received and click on activate.

Done !

xblade2k7
04-13-2010, 01:02 PM
more easy, cancel step 1 activation, go to GTAIV folder and run LaunchGTAIV.exe the game work perfectly, thanks and grettings

Salis
04-13-2010, 01:05 PM
I can play singleplayer and multiplayer without activation :D
But thx i try it when i buy DLC

Bluesman
04-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Don't work. I also get a "wrong serial" error if I go through that page.

solvalou
04-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Don't work. I also get a "wrong serial" error if I go through that page.

You used the GTA4 EFLC serial key ? You need to include the "-" also on the serial. all uppercase.

Bluesman
04-13-2010, 02:05 PM
You used the GTA4 EFLC serial key ? You need to include the "-" also on the serial. all uppercase.

I don't have a EFLC key, because I haven't bought that game yet.

solvalou
04-13-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't have a EFLC key, because I haven't bought that game yet.

I thought only people that bought the DLC had this problem. So basically after the DLC was released even the original GTA4 activation was updated so if you have the original GTA4 only, for now, it's impossible to fix it as you need the new DLC serial key to fix it. You gotta wait for rockstar to release a fix.

Tav0
04-13-2010, 02:16 PM
WTF DUDE? ARe you telling me that TO PLAY I have to put A KEY OF OTHER GAME?

wtf is "eflc key".. im trying to run gta iv with my gta iv key, theres no EFLC KEY fix because im not trying to play that.

LegendFury
04-13-2010, 02:24 PM
they fixed it

solvalou
04-13-2010, 02:25 PM
WTF DUDE? ARe you telling me that TO PLAY I have to put A KEY OF OTHER GAME?

wtf is "eflc key".. im trying to run gta iv with my gta iv key, theres no EFLC KEY fix because im not trying to play that.

That is exactly what is happening right now. People that have only the original GTA4 can't pass thru activation because it actually requires the serial from the new DLC GTA4 EFLC.

I'm sure rockstar will fix it soon just wait. And for people that bought the DLC just use my fix guide above and it will work.

Goomich
04-13-2010, 02:29 PM
I've already downloaded fix or (somethng else), 5.6 MB.