PDA

View Full Version : Why so many hacked Lobbies?

Blocker1420
04-13-2010, 01:14 PM
More and more keep popping up all over the place especially late at night. Is it that hard for Steam to regulate and shut down these people eho ruin the game for other?

blazur
04-13-2010, 01:19 PM
More and more keep popping up all over the place especially late at night. Is it that hard for Steam to regulate and shut down these people eho ruin the game for other?

Still have yet to encounter a hacked lobby on the PC after nearly 400 hours gameplay. That's excluding the 4 or 5 times I entered a server and immediately exited after noticing a speed boost was in effect.

Guess I've been lucky?

Mastershroom
04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Still have yet to encounter a hacked lobby on the PC after nearly 400 hours gameplay. That's excluding the 4 or 5 times I entered a server and immediately exited after noticing a speed boost was in effect.

Guess I've been lucky?
"I never saw a hacked lobby, except for the 4 or 5 times I was in a hacked lobby" :D

DragonAsh2007
04-13-2010, 02:04 PM
i think maybe its the type of game mode.

I really never see them in CTF/Dem/Dom/Sab

I dont play FFA or DM. Maybe its those 2 gamemodes?

1rapture
04-13-2010, 02:09 PM
5th prestige here and I've only been in one and it was just unlimited ammo/rapid fire (kinda fun actually).

Not sure what game modes all these "hacked" lobbies are in but 1 out of 300-ish hours isn't that bad in my opinion.

FOO|YA
04-13-2010, 02:21 PM
I actually got into 3 over the free weekend. One of them switched twice, it started out regular and then it just switched to terminal and then about 20 seconds later it switched to RUST and gave us the "Daily XP". \Esc

wouterkoomen
04-13-2010, 03:43 PM
i think sbout 1/3 of teh games i run into is modded. and i play ground war.
it pisses me off too, those guys should play private or better NOT

dixiemagick
04-13-2010, 03:53 PM
I also can not stand the hacked lobbys. Until about a week ago i wondered why so many people complained about them as i had not been in a hacked lobby. In the last week or so i have been in about 10 and 9 of those were in the last 2 days i believe. Really annoying. Just goes to show how much IW, Activision, and Steam care about this game or there reps. They all profit from this game and do nothing to resolve the problem.

On a side note. Since Activision plans on releasing COD 7 in a very short time they probably want everyone to be upset with this game and do not care or want the game fixed so they can tell us how the new one will be different and better so we will not play this one anymore but jump right on the next one for more profit. They already announced that COD 7 will have dedis. That is complete bull♥♥♥♥ in my opinion. That just shows they know the game needs dedis and instead of fixing it here they want to sell you another game.

I will not buy another COD game or expansion till they make it right by me.

giggityjeeper
04-13-2010, 04:11 PM

Guess I've been lucky?

"I never saw a hacked lobby, except for the 4 or 5 times I was in a hacked lobby" :D

ok good thought I was missing something here...

talk about contradict yourself...

AMC
04-13-2010, 04:47 PM
The majority of hacked servers I come across are on Rust/Ground war. And occasionally wasteland. I really wouldn't mind the increased point cap hack...That can be really fun. But when they try to make me rank up to 70 instantly...That crosses the line and is no fun.

Atominist
04-13-2010, 06:03 PM
I've been in loads of hacked lobbies, but I've never been in a insta lvl 70 lobby.

gooberx
04-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I come across hacked lobbies regularly. This past weekend at least a dozen. About 80% are on groundwar and 20% on TDM. I have not seen it on other game modes.

MuniMuni
04-13-2010, 06:16 PM

He also said he has played for 400 hours and has only seen 4-5 hacked servers. Learn to read before you try making smart ♥♥♥♥ posts.

streather
04-13-2010, 06:36 PM
after many hours of playing i've been in 2 in as many days, first one was kinda fun, hardcore groundwar and hardcore global thermo nuclear war and way stabler than any lobby i've been in, second one had low grav, increased speed and instant level 70, which wasn't so fun, although i was 30k exp from level 70 anyway, it would have been nice to earn that exp the hard way

notbubbak
04-13-2010, 06:45 PM

It's not Valve's responsability. There's a reason it's called IWnet.

The Eliminator
04-13-2010, 06:54 PM
I've been in probably over 25 hacked lobbies. Some super fast mode, unlimited ammo, no gravity etc. I was in one xp lobby but the server didn't like the code he was injecting so it timed out. lucky me :)

Justin K.
04-13-2010, 06:58 PM
I have been in 2 unlim ammo and 0 gravity. Was fun while it lasted.

The Eliminator
04-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Well you see. When IWnet was put into MW2, Hackers laughed and now own the game.

xan.kriegor666
04-14-2010, 05:27 AM

Lmfao haha +rep

xan.kriegor666
04-14-2010, 05:29 AM
He also said he has played for 400 hours and has only seen 4-5 hacked servers. Learn to read before you try making smart ♥♥♥♥ posts.

^^^ ?

emmm stfu you illiterate fool

Clutch v1.0
04-14-2010, 05:29 AM
I was in a hacked lobby last night, it pushed me to a 70.

Didn't come here and cry though.

Selvator
04-14-2010, 05:36 AM
Well the only "hacked lobby" I am joining a few times a day are lobby's that disable the ability to move at all.
Are hackers seriously getting a boner or something every time his and the enemy team can't move?
Sick hackers and there bondage warfare hack...

Classy Boxer
04-14-2010, 07:37 AM
After reading this thread, I opened up MW2 and went into Ground Wars. Sure enough, the first lobby was a hacked one. It was rather fun, it was mostly incorporating unused game modes, plus higher XP.

t-zakjeZ
04-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Yeah, don't play Ground War, the most infected gametype. I was lucky to never join a hacked lobby before yesterday. Suddenly I joined one with 0 gravity and the host was aimbotting everyone, so I left immediately after saying he has no life (cause he probably doesn't). Searched another game, joined a game in which nobody could move. So yeah, sudden influx of hacked lobbies = ♥♥♥♥.

xan.kriegor666
04-14-2010, 07:43 AM
ground war is the most hacked because it hosts two of th most played game types :/