PDA

View Full Version : New Patch is putting my monitor out of range?

INSTG8R
04-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Yeah so I fired up Steam this morning to see there was a big update for GTA IV, I probably havent played in a month or so and have been waiting for the new DLC stuff.

So it updates just fine and does its little installing thing for DX GFWL etc. I log into the new Social Club page and fire up the game and my monitor suddenly kicks off with the Input not in Range messags on it?

I run at 1920x1080@60 and well I haven't changed my settings since the last time I played it so not sure what the heck is going on here.

I can't find any config file to change or even find something to check to see what it has put it at...

Only way to get my screen back on is to hard reboot(I have tried launching it 3 times now all with the same result)

I believe the game is reading my monitors info incorrectly because if I check in my ATI CCC it reports max res 1920x1080 and max refresh at 75Hz(yes but NOT at 1920x1080) so I suspect it is trying to force it at 1920x1080@75hz

Help?

buemba
04-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Same here. And it's definitely the patch that's causing it since I didn't have this problem before yesterday.

zantetet
04-14-2010, 09:47 AM
mine does this but only in MP and only after it freezes for like 10 secs, SP mode is 100% fine

INSTG8R
04-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Well good to know its not just me but without some sorta solution our game is useless. I have been looking forward to the DLC and until this is sorted, well so much for that...

zantetet
04-14-2010, 10:05 AM
always makes me laugh when these "fixes" break more stuff than they fix hahaha

INSTG8R
04-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Well I mean if there was a config file that could be edited it would be an easy fix, but it's encrypted as far as the only one I can find.

Freyar
04-14-2010, 12:48 PM
What resolutions were you running before?

Can you export your save files, delete the encrypted config file and try again?

INSTG8R
04-14-2010, 12:55 PM
What resolutions were you running before?

Can you export your save files, delete the encrypted config file and try again?

I haven't changed my resolution at all.
And the song and dance I had to go thru to get my saves over when I changed my Win7 from the RC to Retail was a real PITA.
I suppose I could just try deleting it and see what happens.

Rockstar NYC
04-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Try deleting your "settings.cfg" file. The patch is supposed to do this for you but maybe there was a problem removing it.

XP
\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings\Settings.cfg

Vista\7
User\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings\Settings.cfg

INSTG8R
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Try deleting your "settings.cfg" file. The patch is supposed to do this for you but maybe there was a problem removing it.

XP
\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings\Settings.cfg

Vista\7

Thanks for that will totally try that:cool:

buemba
04-14-2010, 01:56 PM

XP

Vista\7

It worked. Thanks.