PDA

View Full Version : Steam Key for CODMW2

Boyking
04-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Hello there, I have downloaded Call of duty 6 legally but there was some kinda problem. I was supposed to receive a steam key but I haven´t. And I don´t bother to contact them... so I want to know:

Can I buy steam key at steampowered?

many thx :)

epsylon_Z1
04-14-2010, 09:21 AM
I have downloaded Call of duty 6 legally from where ?

Boyking
04-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Click please :) (http://www.game.co.uk/)

You pay first and then get the orginal files... ;)

mouton
04-14-2010, 09:25 AM
gam.co.uk is a perfectly legit seller, just bug them for the key if you need it to play. They have support.

You cannot buy just a key here, only the full game which stands at, uh, 60 euro/usd/gbp (i think)

epsylon_Z1
04-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Click please :) (http://www.game.co.uk/)

You pay first and then get the orginal files... ;)

Did you read this ?
A Steam account, registration with enclosed serial code and internet connection are required to play and to access online features.

Boyking
04-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Oh no :( that´s a pity. Can I buy a steam key somewhere else legally?

epsylon_Z1
04-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Oh no :( that´s a pity. Can I buy a steam key somewhere else legally?why? Just register your cd key on Steam.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352

mouton
04-14-2010, 09:32 AM
If you got the game legally from game.co.uk, they HAVE to provide you the means to play it. Talk with them.

It is possible to buy keys around the net, but many of those sellers are shady and some of them got the keys fraudulently, which leads to banning accounts using them.

Boyking
04-14-2010, 09:33 AM
why? Just register your cd key on Steam.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352

But how? I can´t even install the game, it´s asking me for the steam key >_<

mouton
04-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Dude, srsly

http://www.game.co.uk/help/custservice.aspx

epsylon_Z1
04-14-2010, 09:42 AM
But how? I can´t even install the game, it´s asking me for the steam key >_<have you installed Steam?

Boyking
04-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Yes I have installed Steam and I got a Steam Account as well.

If I write to the customer service whiche I´ve done about 5 times by now, they always put me on the waiting list.

epsylon_Z1
04-14-2010, 09:47 AM
i suggest you to remove that url from your post

Boyking
04-14-2010, 09:50 AM
A´ight, done xD

epsylon_Z1
04-14-2010, 09:54 AM
so the steam client isn't accept your gamesplanet cd key ?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q

Boyking
04-14-2010, 10:01 AM
I think some people haven´t understood or maybe I explained it badly, I have ordered a downloadable version of Cod and I got the following email:

Please find below our download links you need to install your game.
Another confirmation email will be sent with your activation key in a few hours after checking your account.
Please keep this email safe as it contains information related to your order that you may need in the future.

Installation info
For a quicker and safer download, we recommend to do as follows:

1 – If you do not already have a download manager installed on your machine may we suggest the freeware, Free Download Manager, install it with the default options : http://dl.metaboli.com/dl/freedownloadmanager.exe.
2 – Create a folder with the name of your game on your desktop or somewhere with enough disk space.
3 – Launch Free Download Manager and click on the “+” button in the top left. Copy the link of the File 1 below and paste it in the URL box in the ‘add download’ window that opened.
4 – In the “Save to Folder” box choose the folder that you created in step 2. Click on OK to start the download, once the download has finished repeat steps 3 and 4 for all the files to download etc...
5 – When you have downloaded all your files, double click on the .exe file to start the installation.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

You will need 22 GB of free space for downloading and decompressing the installation files (11 GB for the downloaded files, 11 GB for the installation files). Once you hace decompressed the files, you can free up 11 GB by deleting the downloaded (compressed) files.

Download and Install Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2 :

Here are the game’s files to be downloaded:

File no.1
File no.2
File no.3
File no.4
File no.5
File no.6
File no.7

To avoid frauds, you can download these files for a maximum of 6 times. If you need new download attempts, please contact our customer support support@gamesplanet.com with your order number and the email address used for the purchase. Note that you can save the downloaded files, even burn them to a CD or DVD.

Getting Help for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2 :
If you have problems downloading, installing or activating the game, you can also contact our customer support by email at support@gamesplanet.com, giving your order number ( ***** ).

For compatibility problems or game's bugs, please contact the customer support of the game's editor. We can provide you with its address if you need.

Your Order:
Order Number: *****
Product: Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2
Date: 13/04/2010
Price: 34,99 GBP
Account used: *******

Thank you for downloading with us,
Kind regards

GamesPlanet.uk

Ciaos
04-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Wait for the confirmation email with your CD Key and activate it on Steam.

pizzahut
04-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Is there no spoiler function? -.-
There is. Use this: There is.

Fatdude
04-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Boyking you dont need to do any of theese things.Just ask them for the cd-key and nothing else.when you get your cdkey, log in to steam and activate that cdkey.You will have you mw2 in you games list.Now you can download this game as many times as you want from steam.

Boyking
04-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Boyking you dont need to do any of theese things.Just ask them for the cd-key and nothing else.when you get your cdkey, log in to steam and activate that cdkey.You will have you mw2 in you games list.Now you can download this game as many times as you want from steam.

So after entering the serial I can download Cod as many times as I want?:confused:

mouton
04-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Yes! That's how Steam works. Welcome.

Ganger
04-14-2010, 12:41 PM
So after entering the serial I can download Cod as many times as I want?:confused:

Yeah, steam is unlimited downloading forever....

P.S once downloaded the best thing to do is to create a backup of the said game to DVD so you will never need to download it agian.

Boyking
04-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Wow- but isn´t that illegal? Downloading Copies of a game??

I mean, one person got the orginal one and then start making copies and selling them?! (example)

Sorry I am new to Steam, that´s why I dunno anything:(

shockertwin
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM

I mean, one person got the orginal one and then start making copies and selling them?! (example)

Steam DRM only allows one person to be logged in to an account at any given time, anywhere in the world. If you logged in to my account while I was playing MW2, I would be booted out right away. I believe steam games will then exit as well. Non-steam games that are sold on steam will continue to run however (At least they do for me when steam crashes).

Fatdude
04-14-2010, 01:26 PM

Well you can download the game as many times as you want and give thoose copies to friends but they wont be able to play if you dont give them your steam account or they will have buy a cdkey from steam or some other website.

So they dont get to play and you can have a backup of your game in case you format your computer or change your hardware.

Boyking
04-14-2010, 01:52 PM
alright thanks guys, but why should I make a backup? I heard that steam saves my game automatically..?

cristianesza
04-14-2010, 02:37 PM
alright thanks guys, but why should I make a backup? I heard that steam saves my game automatically..?

The Steam Backup feature allows you to make a copy of your game on a DVD to install it from there instead of re-downloading the game from Steam, which can take hours or days if you have a slow or unreliable connection.

As for your problem with the serial number, if you legally purchased the game you should be receiving a key to register the game on Steam and install it. If you paid but did not receive the key, then you must contact the seller's customer service, giving them as much information as possible about your purchase (transaction number, name, etc...) and explaining that you did not receive your key yet.

velvetmeds
04-14-2010, 02:49 PM

welcome to steam, enjoy your stay, leave some cookies for me

Boyking
04-14-2010, 03:03 PM
So it doesnt save the actual "savegames"? Like points gained in battles etc?

Gremmie
04-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Wrong forum.