PDA

View Full Version : Episode Three Realism Suggestion

phillipjfry6
04-14-2010, 02:36 PM
You all know that Zombine can use their grenade kamikaze attack on you, but if you kill a zombie before they detonate their grenades on you, why don't you see grenade ammo dropped from them?

When you kill normal combine, you sometimes get a health vial or even spare grenade ammo, but why not when you kill a zombine? :mad:

Gordon He-Man
04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Zombine ONLY have a single grenade...
They've kept it in reserve to deal with themselves...unfortunately, when they see YOU, the crab takes over...and, well, you know the usual outcome...

Jinoruizraged
04-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Wow, I thought he was going to say Iron(ic) sights. hehe.

What a trivial suggestion anyways.

OluapPlayer
04-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Maybe the explosion destroys any grenades the Zombine may have?

gamer1973
04-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Well, probably the combine that mostly goes in groups get attacked by their own headcrabs probably take a "zombines" remaining guns, ammo etc, and just leaves a nade

mimaz98
04-14-2010, 05:12 PM
When you kill normal combine, you sometimes get a health vial or even spare grenade ammo, but why not when you kill a zombine? :mad:

It is entirely a balancing issue.

Why? Are you mad?

backstepper
04-14-2010, 06:27 PM
You get enough grenades during the game and to be honest if im not confusing the game with Half Life 2: Deathmatch and throw it at a Combine using the Gravity Gun i don't use it at all.

I would not mind if they would not be in the next half life game. As for the Zombine how do you know the Zobmine you killed had one? What if they allready used it? Think about it that way.;)

surfrock22
04-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Not that it's a huge deal, or that I care how much "realism" is in the game, but I do find it annoying that when I look for extra grenades after killing a Zombine, there are none to be found (or, at least one).

gamezombie
04-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Maybe they dropped the rest maybe that's why there all all the random weapons laying about

gorpie
04-14-2010, 10:03 PM
As for the Zombine how do you know the Zobmine you killed had one? What if they allready used it? Think about it that way.;)

Huh? :confused: :confused: :confused:

When Zombines use their grenade they blow themselves up. So you couldn't have killed it. So there would be no grenade to be found. (Jeez, I feel like one of the androids in the "I, Mudd" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Mudd) episode of Star Trek right now...) :p

MyNameDidntFit
04-14-2010, 11:25 PM
WHat I think he's say, gorpie, is: why does every Combine soldier who gets zombified have to have a grenade?

JgcxCub
04-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Gameplay purposes.

IcarusNine
04-15-2010, 12:34 AM
A better question is why Combine soldiers and rebels have an infinite amount of ammunition, but when you pick their weapons off of their corpses, you only get a lousy 37 bullets. And where are they keeping these health vials, anyway?

You get enough grenades during the game and to be honest if im not confusing the game with Half Life 2: Deathmatch and throw it at a Combine using the Gravity Gun i don't use it at all.
There are never enough grenades.

cwsault
04-15-2010, 12:35 AM
WHat I think he's say, gorpie, is: why does every Combine soldier who gets zombified have to have a grenade?

This -- you don't know they actually still have a grenade on them until they pull it out. So the way it works out is that all the Zombines you kill before they use a grenade actually never had one in the first place.;)

surfrock22
04-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Well, that seems like kind of a lame reason. Seems that every Combine Soldier has at least one grenade. Why would they give one (or a few) to some, and not to the others? Seems like there is a standard issue of weaponry, unless there were different types of soldiers, but the zombified ones all seem like they are the exact same type.

Though, I understand that it would probably make the gameplay unbalanced. :p

Still, that's not really a good enough reason, for me..

mimaz98
04-15-2010, 01:54 AM
Still, that's not really a good enough reason, for me..

If gameplay balancing decisions aren't enough, what would be a good reason? I'm genuinely curious.

IcarusNine
04-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Combine keep a grenade loose for easy access. Zombines do not; they have to reach all the way into their suit's hammerspace pocket.

surfrock22
04-15-2010, 02:14 AM
Well, I guess I just think of soldiers going into war. Wouldn't they all have the same gear, assuming they are the same types of soldiers (all medics have the same gear, all machine gunners have the same gear)? Maybe I am wrong, I don't know. But it just seems a bit off, to me. Like there would be a better way to do it. I don't currently have that answer though, right now. :p

Not a huge deal, just something I ran across in my very very recent playthrough (last weekend).