PDA

View Full Version : MW2 Veteran goes BC2

robinv1987
04-15-2010, 11:14 AM
I know a lot of players say MW2 is the best game and some say BC2 is the best game.

I honestly must say I like MW2, but I love BC2.
It's really fun to shoot everyone you see every yard that you walk like in MW2, but today I bought BC2 and I had a blast defending in Rush, I just was standing behind an statonary heavy machine gun and I just got like 8 people from that position I felt like god up there. and the fun part was the attackers did adjust their tactic and blasted me of that position.
And when I tried to get back up there they blasted me again.
A lot of gamers would go in rage because they couldn't get in their favorite spot, but I only thought, yeah! finaly a good game!

I know that there are gamers in BC2 who cheat or just are annoying, but I know I made a good decision buying this game.

noodlesoup
04-15-2010, 11:39 AM
BC2 is far better than MW2 imo.

Maps are bigger.
Guns actually have spread instead of being 100% accurate.
Same as above, except that it actually makes guns different beyond recoil.
Quicker to get into a game, which lasts longer, with lower ping and on a more stable server, ie, not some hermit living in a cave with the cheapest T10 connection he could buy.
Gameplay requires abit of skill.
Gameplay requires you to think at times (MW2 you can play even if you've just seen medusa).
More balance (sure, some things are OP in BC2, but its not like tube + ACR + 2RPG's + Scavenger + danger close + akimbo G18's).
Destroyable buildings :D
Vehicles :D
The game has sniping :D (sniping in MW2 is none existant).
ETC.

Sure, MW2 is more action packed, but for gameplay, BC2 headbutts it to the ground and lets it drown.

Ofc that is all just my opinion. Glad your enjoying BC2, I know I am :D

Genma
04-15-2010, 11:46 AM
The only thing I miss about MW2 in this game (god i hate this comparison threads and here I am) is the quake 3 engine hit registry, its just really good.

That's the only game breaking issue with this game, the hit registry.

I can stand noob snipers, carl gustav, M60, 1911, 40mm, etc. etc. etc., but a bad registry is just AAEFASFAFGSDGAGREA

noodlesoup
04-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Tbh I found MW2s hitreg rediculous. Because it was too good. Too good as in the hitboxes were HUGE.

But true, BC2's hit reg is bolix at times, although iv been told that its down to not compensating for laggy players so anybody over 150 ping you'll have trouble hitting.

shockertwin
04-15-2010, 11:50 AM
The only thing I miss about MW2 in this game (god i hate this comparison threads and here I am) is the quake 3 engine hit registry, its just really good.

That's the only game breaking issue with this game, the hit registry.

I can stand noob snipers, carl gustav, M60, 1911, 40mm, etc. etc. etc., but a bad registry is just AAEFASFAFGSDGAGREA

That because in MW2 you are technically always hitting them, you're just activating the hit when you press the mouse button (which it why there is no concept of bullet travel time). At least, this is what I have heard.

Let's not kid ourselves though, MW2's hit registry isn't exactly perfect. It is entirely because of lag though.

bizzmeister
04-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Im sorry guys, as much as I love this game, the hit registry is f@cked. No doubt about it at all.

I can't believe they dont notice these things when they release games. Drives me insane.

Zukabazuka
04-15-2010, 12:13 PM
The MW2 hit registry have its flaws. When you shoot someone and you see you manage to hit him about 2-3 times before he manage to kill you, yet on his view you see he only take 1-2 hits. You can never get the 2 player kill each other with hitscan weapon. But in BC2 you can because the bullet you fire actually travels the distance.