PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.03 steam?

theninjaparrot
04-15-2010, 12:20 PM
I've had my setting to try to keep up to date on patches, but I don't have patch 1.03 on my steam version. Is the patch not our yet or did I somehow miss it?

Jito463
04-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Just check if your game crashes on your randomly, then you know it's installed. ;)

I can guarantee the 1.03 patch is included in Steam. If you want to find out if it's installed for you, right-click on DAO and select "Launch Dragon Age: Origins Launcher". Click on "Configure", and in the config utility, go to the "Game" section. It will show the current patch level. I'd advise you to leave it be if - by some fluke - you have the 1.02 patch (or earlier). 1.03 is causing a lot of problems for many people.

Smertnik
04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Just check if your game crashes on your randomly, then you know it's installed. ;)

I can guarantee the 1.03 patch is included in Steam. If you want to find out if it's installed for you, right-click on DAO and select "Launch Dragon Age: Origins Launcher". Click on "Configure", and in the config utility, go to the "Game" section. It will show the current patch level. I'd advise you to leave it be if - by some fluke - you have the 1.02 patch (or earlier). 1.03 is causing a lot of problems for many people.
Really? Interesting, I don't have any issues at all. But maybe that's because I have a retail version.

Jito463
04-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Nope, you must just be one of the few who managed to avoid issues (or just didn't notice them). The Bioware forums are filled with people getting CTD's and worse with the 1.03 patch. Has nothing to do with retail vs. Steam.