PDA

View Full Version : I would buy it

mellow dice
04-15-2010, 07:25 PM
But not for the silly TF2 Items (yeah, you read right).
The problem is: I dislike episodic Games, I'd rather pay for the whole series in advance and play it when it's released.

Glahardt
04-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Or you could... Uh...
Buy it now and then wait until August/September to play all of them in one go?

mellow dice
04-15-2010, 07:36 PM
While I don't even tried Season 1? That's like seeing the Terminator movies reversed.

Masque of Death
04-15-2010, 08:36 PM
There is an episode available for free, but I was not impressed. The humor gets old very quickly, mostly stupid puns and "wow, that rabbit is super crazy" kind of stuff. Its randomness can be amusing, but it did not amuse me for very long. At least try the demo before you buy this.

mellow dice
04-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Sam & Max are a classic, and for that telltale deserves money, but as Episodes? It's against my fundamental principles. Same reason I have Episode one and two only through the box, or why I will buy DoW II and the new StarCraft only as Gold Boxes.

If valve would have an offer like "buy all now, get them (and all goodies) when they're released" for a reasonable amount of cash... why not.
It'd be like preordering, as those episodes aren't really that long anyway.
I guess I'd be through with 'em in less than half a day (artifical gameplay brakes don't count).

skiddlywibble
04-16-2010, 09:08 AM
If you're buying it for the TF2 items, don't. Not only are they just a reskined pistol and revolver, they're poor quality to boot, probably implimented as an afterthought.

As for the Max head, Sam's hat would have been better.

Still, you may want it as a collectable...?

mellow dice
04-16-2010, 09:18 AM
No, I don't want a magikarp.