PDA

View Full Version : New Kick Option

Spycake
04-15-2010, 11:17 PM
"Kick From Perk"

Seriously, it gets annoying when you have demolitions guys screwing around with sniping and medics battlemedicing all over the place. Make it an option to kick a person off of their perk and force them to pick another. Honestly.

I only have five other teammates. If they're going to choose a perk, they should fill their niche, not screw around in the others.

Hiroshima
04-15-2010, 11:26 PM
This would cause griefing so no.

Spycake
04-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Not any more then the current system does.
You'd need a majority to do it, and if the majority in the server are griefing, you're probably on a bad server.

HylianTheBlade
04-15-2010, 11:43 PM
like the 2nd post said would just be used to grief and force other players into perks they won't wanna play. if u wanna play this game semi-seriously u should get some friends and play only with them.

Garionepsilon
04-16-2010, 01:29 AM
If someone is playing the same perk as me, I just check the scoreboard and select the perk nobody else is using. That way I can get some exp for other perks and I feel like I'm doing my part for the team.

RalphMalph
04-16-2010, 06:32 AM
terrible idea, a griefing system implemented into the game?

No thanks.

Spycake
04-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Feel free to explain how this is any more griefable then the current system.

Also I don't want to play seriously, but it's annoying when three of the games slots are people taking up the wrong niche for their perk.

RalphMalph
04-16-2010, 12:10 PM
The fact that you need it explained to you shows that you havent thought this idea through.

Answer your own (stupid) question.

CannibalBob
04-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I think the regular kick option would do the job; a demo using the SCAR in hard/suicidal, for example, is clearly an idiot and is better off out of the server.

Spycake
04-16-2010, 05:03 PM
I still have, It isn't any more or less exploitable then the current kick system. In fact, even less so. It doesn't kick you from the game, just from that perk for a wave. Besides, if you don't like it, you could always make it something you can toggle like the normal kick vote, so not all servers have it.

trilance
04-16-2010, 05:56 PM
If a person is using a class wrongly, what makes you think they'll use another class properly?

Just kick him entirely and solve the problem altogether.

Sweet Blasphemy
04-16-2010, 10:29 PM
If you kick someone from a perk... then they will have weapons for the wrong class. Is that really any better than they were before? I mean in suicidal, if everyone says that firebugs are useless and they kick a firebug into sharpshooter...it doesn't change the fact that he still has a flame thrower, and now isn't even in a perk that gets any bonuses from it.

I don't think it has a higher or lower griefing potential, but it would probably be more annoying if you want to level medic and get switched out of it, for example.

While I applaud the idea, and the attempt to make things better.

Nitronumber9
04-17-2010, 04:55 AM
It also cripples players who decide to use a weapon not from their perk for another reason like the MP7 for a firebug, The nade launcher with commando, Law with Demoman.
How else do you take on a husk with a firebug? Bash it to death with a 9mm? Knife it?
Theres a reason why some people take Scars with Demoman (I would have personally gone with dual 9s or the MP7 though) Theres also a reason medics run around with a chainsaw/katana.

JoeJoeH
04-17-2010, 07:06 AM
It also cripples players who decide to use a weapon not from their perk for another reason like the MP7 for a firebug, The nade launcher with commando, Law with Demoman.
How else do you take on a husk with a firebug? Bash it to death with a 9mm? Knife it?
Theres a reason why some people take Scars with Demoman (I would have personally gone with dual 9s or the MP7 though) Theres also a reason medics run around with a chainsaw/katana.

^This.

Fish-E
04-17-2010, 07:08 AM
This is such a horrible suggestion... Most of the things in the KF forum does seem to be though...

Spycake
04-18-2010, 02:26 AM
This isn't really what I was referring too. I'm talking about the players who literally use none of their perk's weapons, and take up another perk's niche. Like a demo maining the SCAR or such.

RalphMalph
04-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Stop trying to dictate how the game gets played.

Dont like what someone is doing? Start a vote-kick with already existing functionality.

beerhead
04-19-2010, 07:37 AM
Theres also a reason medics run around with a chainsaw/katana.

LOL if you refering to those, that have katana and xbow (not mp7 at all),those i call berserker wanna be ,but failes as berserker badly, so they choose medic because of way better armor,but failes anyway little later than they would as zerker and its double fail, as a medic,because they can't (don't want to) heal s..t and as a zerker because they get owned by crawlers also,i have seen lots of them lately, so i wish if someone choose to be medic he gets mp7(guess from lv3 up) and can't sell it, so he is stuck with it(weight) and actually do the healing as he suppose to and not to run with katana and xbow around and not healing teammates as he should

Hodlpu
04-19-2010, 08:51 AM
-_-

I've been playing KF since day 1, and RARELY run into people the OP has explained about...

Based on that, the function he is suggesting makes it worse based on my perspective.