PDA

View Full Version : Indexing Bug Workaround

rakathan
04-16-2010, 11:23 AM
If your game keeps crashing when you try to pick a song (or if it keeps playing the wrong one), try this:

-Navigate to the folder that holds your .mp3/.wma/whatever files
-Once there, click "hide folders" at the top
-If you see songs that start with a dot and underscore ("._"), scroll down past them before the game tries to load them; it will crash if you wait too long. The songs you can select are down below these
-If you want to go to another folder, click "show folders" and repeat the process

This is a great game overall. The song indexing needs some serious work, but my only other complaint is that there is no last.fm scrobbling.

AzureEmmanuel
04-16-2010, 11:34 AM
-If you see songs that start with a dot and underscore ("._"), scroll down past them before the game tries to load them; it will crash if you wait too long. The songs you can select are down below these

BS, none of my songs show an underscore and they still all crash the damn game.

Syncourt
04-16-2010, 12:56 PM
BS, none of my songs show an underscore and they still all crash the damn game.

Perhaps because there are more issues in the world other than the one you are experiencing. If you could actually get the game to play a custom song you might quickly find that any song with symbols in its name will crash the game.

AzureEmmanuel
04-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Perhaps because there are more issues in the world other than the one you are experiencing. If you could actually get the game to play a custom song you might quickly find that any song with symbols in its name will crash the game.

Like I said, I got no song with any symbols and it still crashes.

Edit: I just tried renaming a song to something extremely basic (named a song "1" without the ") and it still crashes.

Syncourt
04-16-2010, 01:24 PM
What I mean is that there are more than the one issue with this game, this is also a bug and posted along with it is the fix. You are clearly not experiencing this same issue.

Don't just call BS because it doesn't fix your specific problem.

slake_jones
04-16-2010, 02:24 PM
I think I know the cause (I hope). I renamed a song I KNOW works and it crashes. I think the crash is caused by the ID3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3) (or whatever tags are used) do NOT match the file name. Downloaded music often has incorrect id3 tags (not that I am implying people illegally copied music as some mp3 rippers add incorrect data to the tags).

I am not having problems so can someone who is having problems try editing the tags with a free tag editor (http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&q=id3+tag+editor&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=id3+tag&gs_rfai=&fp=ad9fefe2c519adc3).

Can someone also confirm if this fixes the issue.