PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the Dev again

Starg
04-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to say I'm keeping track of all the comments. I'm focused on bug fixing at the moment. I really want to get those issues sorted for the players that have them.

I'll try my best to keep up with all the posts!

Hope you're all having fun. And thanks for all the support, it really is appreciated!

Happy shooting,
Steve

Painseeker
04-16-2010, 02:24 PM
This is what we call a developer who cares for his fans. Keep up the good work, Starg.

Cryaotic
04-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Good work dev, loving the game!

I myself haven't had a single crash or anything game-breaking. Aside from screen-tearing at times (even with forced AA, but it mostly works, only once has it flickered half a second all black and then the screen-tearing returned.)

Well, WELL worth the price.

Though do you have any plans for co-op at a later time lower on the priority list?

slake_jones
04-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Cheers for the heads up and AWESOME GAME!!!!

slake_jones
04-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Aside from screen-tearing at times (even with forced AA, but it mostly works, only once has it flickered half a second all black and then the screen-tearing returned.

AA wont stop screen-tearing it stops aliasing (hence anti-aliasing). V-Sync stops screen-tearing. Your graphics card may let your force v-sync (overriding the game settings).

I hope this helps.

gothic-x
04-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Excellent game, played it non stop for 3 hours already and still loving it.

Only minor thing I would pick up on though, is that on long songs, you can get a lot of bombs,( 29 in the screenshot below :D ) and the counter for them is nearly half way across the screen.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2069/lolbombcounter.jpg

Would it be possible to split them into say 5 or 6 columns across to help them not get in the way as much?

Denton22
04-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Love the Game!

Keep up the good Work

ps: can you tell me how the "News" system works? Itīs seems it not working for me :( (dont know if somthing blocking it)

Starg
04-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Love the Game!

Keep up the good Work

ps: can you tell me how the "News" system works? Itīs seems it not working for me :( (dont know if somthing blocking it)

It should work when you and a friend are playing at the same time. You will get updates telling you wants going on at the bottom.

Have you played at the same time as a friend?

Painseeker
04-16-2010, 02:55 PM
It should work when you and a friend are playing at the same time. You will get updates telling you wants going on at the bottom.

Have you played at the same time as a friend?

I've played at the same time as 3 friends and have only had news of my own playing. Additionally, when comparing achievements it shows everyone in your friends list so it's hard to find JUST the friends that own Beat Hazard when you have 200+ friends.

Denton22
04-16-2010, 02:57 PM
I've played at the same time as 3 friends and have only had news of my own playing. Additionally, when comparing achievements it shows everyone in your friends list so it's hard to find JUST the friends that own Beat Hazard when you have 200+ friends.

Exact my Problem... :(

nirgoren
04-16-2010, 03:08 PM
The news system works fine for me...

Starg
04-16-2010, 03:15 PM

ah - good point. I'll put the on the list.
Cheers,
Steve

Starg
04-16-2010, 03:17 PM

Only minor thing I would pick up on though, is that on long songs, you can get a lot of bombs,( 29 in the screenshot below :D ) and the counter for them is nearly half way across the screen.

Would it be possible to split them into say 5 or 6 columns across to help them not get in the way as much?

OMG!!! That's amazing!
Right, no problem. I put that on the list too.
Cheers
Steve

Denton22
04-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Can you add a Reset option when you Press Escape?

Florian1401
04-16-2010, 03:29 PM
One other suggestion for the ESC option:
Please add a volume control in that menu.

BTW: News works for me...

Starg
04-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Can you add a Reset option when you Press Escape?

You mean restart?

Denton22
04-16-2010, 03:47 PM
You mean restart?

yes to restart the Song , atm you have to exit and reload the song again

Starg
04-16-2010, 03:52 PM
yes to restart the Song , atm you have to exit and reload the song again

yep - gotcha... On the list.

peperonikiller
04-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Leveling up--- I think its too easy to level. err, what i mean by that is its too fast in some spots and too slow in others, leveling at the very beginning seems to be just right but around the middle levels it is so easy to level up. i really dont want to hit Elite already XD Just my 2 cents, nothing really note worthy unless more ppl agree with me. Overall amazing game, i stared at my screen for hours half drunk last night, its trippy lol. I just hate those dam bosses and there laser beams of super ♥♥♥♥

Seraphroy
04-16-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm encountering a problem where I'm trying to switch between folders on my second hard drive and the game is sending an error saying it can't locate a disk, followed by a string of characters. Happens every time I switch, often multiple times per switch, and if abort is hit it freezes my computer entirely.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

RustySpork
04-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Starg: Are you doing anything about the screen tearing issue? Can you determine what's causing it?

Mr_Fayce
04-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the amazing support all ready Starg.

You should get a green name by the way, much easier to see whos who.

Chizu
04-16-2010, 05:48 PM
yeah, leveling is so fast on the higher difficulties. 2-3hours of play and I am already elite14 :v

I don't mind, it would just be nice had there been a few more unique ranks to hit.

Otherwise, loving this game, just really needs OGG and FLAC support to be perfect

(and I guess .m4a for those itune rejects :P)

Seraphroy
04-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Figured out my problem. It's erroring because I don't have disks in my DVD drives, and it's trying to read those drives anyway.

That should be fixed, given I normally don't keep a disk in the drive when I'm not actively playing the game on it.

FK120
04-16-2010, 08:54 PM
So the 40 min mixtape crashes my game, but it works fine for some.

Could the directory be too long for the game to handle?

rieger1085
04-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Would be nice to have a random song option when you're picking the song to play. Maybe even a random song that you haven't beaten option...

I'm enjoying the game though. Great work!

justachap
04-16-2010, 11:41 PM
will there be a demo

osenhordotempo
04-17-2010, 08:20 AM
A Vsync-enabling option on the Options menu! And I also would like to have FLAC support! Most of my song collection is in FLAC :)

It would be also nice to have Last.fm support, but that's not so important.

Great, awesome game! And great support! Keep up the good work :D

t0v3
04-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Great game, it's even more fun than Geometry wars

MovieMan999
04-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Amazing game, online co-op would be incredible.

Dr_Weil
04-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Any chance for a windowed mode so either play it on full screen or in a window?

lonfar
04-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Second that to, my only wish is windowed mode and aac

Jiggens
04-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Loving the game, thanks a lot :)

lexman6
04-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Awesome game! It is very smart in detecting epic moments on a song.
One major suggestion though. AAC format file support. I know its probally been said before but a lot of my songs (and im sure im not the only one) are in AAC format.

Minor suggestion #1, perhaps you could have unlockable ships? Mabye have the ships with different stats like a fast but low life ship, slow ship with high firepower etc etc. Though a bunch of new skins for the existing ship would still be nice.
#2, it would be nice to compare scores for the same song on the leaderboards, kinda like audiosurf.

Karva
04-17-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm going to add my support for the option to play FLAC files. My entire music collection is in that format.

Suomis
04-17-2010, 02:26 PM

What the :D

How do you do that? :D I usually finish easy with 0 lives left and you... Ill say nothing :D

Supafweak
04-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Hey Steve, just wanted to pop in and say "Thanks for such an amazing game!" I love it so much, and its great stuff to show to my friends and just have a fun time listening to music and pwning spaceships! I even bought a copy for my best friend who's also an avid lover of music, keep up the great work <3

mezoforte1509
04-23-2010, 11:27 PM
What the :D

How do you do that? :D I usually finish easy with 0 lives left and you... Ill say nothing :D

Obviously spoofed a song and made it incredibly long so he just collected bombs like candy.(which would explain his multiplier and score)

vladdy
04-23-2010, 11:47 PM

Well, you ARE playing a 26 and a half minute song...

maxorz7
04-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Your problem isn't too many bombs, it's that you need to go up a level. Thanks for the pic though; I was wondering about those bombs.