PDA

View Full Version : New Patch New Problems

wll10441
04-16-2010, 10:24 PM
everytime i start up the game the campaign AI is set to poor. and some code: "enc par rel = 0" that pops up alot. and to that what does campaign AI do? anyone know a link?

Oriental Sniper
04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Me too, I knew something was going to turn bad, at least it's not as bad as the previous ones.

Steelbarrier
04-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Sweet another broken patch.
I guess I will just wait and play other games until they learn to take their time, find all bugs, and consolidate them all into a patch.

Shouldn't be hard with all the bug reports I do =P

Delphidelion
04-17-2010, 12:36 AM
Name one game that was bug free after the fisrdt month it was out, or that gets patched as fast as this one. I wouldn't say that it is broken at all... maybe a little bent. I think the enc par rel may have something to do with the reaction you get from talking to someone, as that is the only time it pops up.

Mr_Eon
04-18-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm a little miffed that the higher end Campaign is, frankly, broken. I'm not sure how they're going to patch it.

There are serious issues with diplomacy. When you're a vassal your King can go for weeks and weeks without declaring war on anyone. When you start your own faction it's far too easy to wind up with four neighbours declaring war on you even if you don't do anything provocative.

The systems for recruiting Lords and so forth are not transparent enough. You tend to get steamrollered by huge campaign armies of enemies. The enemy has Lords with no fiefs who field armies around 70/100 and your enfeoffed nobles can't raise more than 50 or so troops.

I love smashing heads with my hammer, but the endgame is broken.

Delphidelion
04-19-2010, 02:09 AM
End game is not broken, it is realistic. How many rebel faction throughout history succeeded? You should ask a lord what they think of their king BEFORE trying a convert. If they say "long live the king" it is a lost cause. Otherwise it is much eisier as they will tell you why they are unhappy. Much easier convert. As for the large armies, you should have 3 or 4 lords before sacking a town, and then sit for a siege with them to cut the enemy strength.

zeropride
04-19-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm a little miffed that the higher end Campaign is, frankly, broken. I'm not sure how they're going to patch it.

There are serious issues with diplomacy. When you're a vassal your King can go for weeks and weeks without declaring war on anyone. When you start your own faction it's far too easy to wind up with four neighbours declaring war on you even if you don't do anything provocative.

The systems for recruiting Lords and so forth are not transparent enough. You tend to get steamrollered by huge campaign armies of enemies. The enemy has Lords with no fiefs who field armies around 70/100 and your enfeoffed nobles can't raise more than 50 or so troops.

I love smashing heads with my hammer, but the endgame is broken.

i think sending a companion with high per. to other factions help.Also if you start with a low right to rule this may play a part in why they are war dec'ing you.Its also good to start when the country you want to eventually take over in is at war with another. ill be honest if it wasnt for be playing on the easy with 250 mamlukes im not sure if i could have started my own kingdom. Granted i went for a city not castle:D plus they wasnt at war with another.They wanted it back reeeaaallllyyyy bad lol. War finally ended with me taking over half their land along with some of their lords joining me. Fear of losing their land i guess.

I think the political system is broken. too many things make you lose relations with the lords with not enough stuff for +++'s(ill be damned if i run lame tasks for them since im KING). Over half my lords are grumbling at me with one resentful or somthing(-41).I kicked him out and that makes them hate me even more.Ive tried joining them in battle but only nets me a +1 and i get somthing like "every dog has its day i suppose" or "like a lion to steal ___"...i guess i could wait until they are in a losing fight but at that point i'd rather them lose and get captured since they hate me so much for stupid reasons. Perhaps throwing a feast will add + relations, if they show up that is.

Delphidelion
04-19-2010, 06:37 PM
The political system is a learning process. Learn what works and what doesn't work. Check which lords do not like eachother and plan accordingly. Everything but family members and kings are randomized from the get go, so it is new each time. The game tracks what your relation wit the lords is in a viewable list, so this will help to determine who to seek out to improve your relations.

zeropride
04-19-2010, 09:32 PM
off the top of my head i can think of 5 things which improve relations with your lords that hate you.

1. Award fiefs
2. Join them in a losing fight and win. This is extremely rare since they are rocking 130-160 troops...
3. Doing village quest(only certain people)
4. Jail Break. This is of course only helpful if you manage to read about it and take action fast because if you don't....
5. Make someone who hates you your marshal and do quests

Thats all i can think of and aside from awarding fiefs the rest barley do jack ♥♥♥♥. If there is more that can improve relations with YOUR lords please add to the list.

Here are some thing in with make them hate you

1. Award fiefs. If you choose someone who has support then in raises those who supported your pick. Rest net a loss in relations
2. Attack a enemy caravan
3. War Dec another nation with out provocations. 99% of players who are kings are going to want to over other land to expanded their empire but will have to wait weeks maybe even months if they dont want to take a relations hit.
4. Kick a lord out of your kingdom
5. When a lord loses in battle
6. When a lord is rotting in jail and rightly so in many cases
7. Not giving someone a fief. They came to me i didn't promise them anything.

Any way that's all i can think of at the moment. I'm sure i have left some things out in both list. My main problem is that there inst any balance. Neg relations hit a lot harder than positive making it damn near impossible to get it back to 0

Oriental Sniper
04-19-2010, 09:48 PM
I agree on the political system, the penalties in the relations outweigh the gains. Once you are a king in the game, lords will hate you, not instantly but eventually, *all* lords.

zeropride
04-19-2010, 10:56 PM
yep this is why im begging for a mod or patch to remove it all together

Delphidelion
04-19-2010, 11:22 PM
If you are THAT desperate to take things really fast, check out TweakMB. The creator just added in relationship modifier changes.

outlaw85
04-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Campaign keeps crashing every 15 minutes or so for me. How lovely.

zeropride
04-20-2010, 10:24 AM
If you are THAT desperate to take things really fast, check out TweakMB. The creator just added in relationship modifier changes.

desperate to take things really fast? ive played it for 140hrs:o and this is the one thing that i hate with a passion.I should actually congratulate them on a nearly perfect game imo(minor bugs dont bother me.Never have never will)Its been freaken years since ive played that much in such little time, at least 7 years. I just want to play as the ruthless warmonger tis all.

Anyways so TweakMB works for Warband?

Delphidelion
04-20-2010, 06:44 PM
desperate to take things really fast? ive played it for 140hrs:o and this is the one thing that i hate with a passion.I should actually congratulate them on a nearly perfect game imo(minor bugs dont bother me.Never have never will)Its been freaken years since ive played that much in such little time, at least 7 years. I just want to play as the ruthless warmonger tis all.

Anyways so TweakMB works for Warband?

C'mon, you enjoy it :p Anywho, yes it does. It has an option to load up both the warband and regular native files.

drjones013
04-20-2010, 06:49 PM
I had left Bariyye and set course for Praven when I noticed we were travelling into the deep desert. I fixed it by force navigating until I was west of the city and then noticed a Khergit caravan also heading into the desert-- it was travelling towards my city, Halmar (so THAT'S why my revenues suck).

I thought the nav issues were supposed to be fixed in the latest release (1.11)?

Delphidelion
04-20-2010, 06:57 PM
The world map issue seems to be another beast all together. I think it tries for a straight line, and when it has a barier it figures the shortes distance(not the fastest) to get back to the line it was traveling. However, it sometimes just goes pearshaped. I think the best thing to do would be to force regular traderoutes and use those for worldmap pathfinding for when you select a city to go to. Make it so you travel to the closest traderoute and follow it from there to a city you click on.

EDIT: Maybe even give you the option to have lords patrol (insert city/castle)'s trade routes.

drjones013
04-20-2010, 08:01 PM
I'd really like to see the implementation of a 'way-point' system; traders would need to 'check in' at friendly castles and, in the event of war, cease trade with warring states. This could then be used to create a war profiteering system as the price of goods from warring states begins to rise. It might also be used as a 'strategic point' for the campaign AI. As for the global map issues it might be useful for lords to use that kind of trade route system.

outlaw85
04-22-2010, 05:38 AM
Is anybody also experiencing being given lots of Castles. I have only been a Nord lord for 2 weeks. And i have only fought in 2 battle for them. Both times with about 8 or 9 other lords also there and my rep with the king is very low. I have been awarded both the castles despite pledging my support to another Lord. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I'd really just hate to get all my land on a silver platter if its bug related.