PDA

View Full Version : Free DLC level + Patch 1.07 released

JoelFB
04-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi folks,

Just a quick note that we've released a free DLC level "Path to New Dawn" as part of the 1.07 Patch. The level is quite nice I think and there's a couple of other minor things included as well.

Here's the full patch 1.07 notes:

NEW CONTENT: FREE DLC level - "Path to New Dawn" (available upon completion of the game)
- thanks for playing Trine and supporting Frozenbyte!

* adds information about experience and secrets to the Inventory menu
* adds version number information to the main menu
* adds print screen bind for screenshots (F11 & PrtScn both save screenshots to \screenshots)
* adds failsafe for unlocking Very Hard difficulty

* fixes a respawn bug in Iron Forge (co-op) near the first gate
* fixes missing cursor in the game over menu when playing co-op with gamepads

* note: Re-enables high quality videos for Radeon 5x00 Series cards, works flawlessly now

Once again, a big thanks (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1091938) to everyone who has bought the game! :)

- Joel, Frozenbyte team, developers of Trine

Ankroth
04-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the latest update with free DLC level. It´s really nice surprise.

P.S: Is there any chance to translate the game to another language?

JoelFB
04-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Ankroth, thanks for the thanks. :) We are not going to translate the game to any other languages with our own resources but if you or any other freelance translator would like to do it on your own, then we could add it to the game with proper credits mention as well. :) (But note that we are not able to pay anything for it unfortunately.)

Orto
04-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Free DLC? sweet !

kiitos paljon :)

WaZzUp115
04-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks for a great game and the free DLC!

I would totally pay for a few new levels in a larger DLC package though :)

Initium
04-19-2010, 11:39 AM
I was really surprised when I saw the update, in a good way of course. Thanks for the new level. :)

Ankroth
04-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Ankroth, thanks for the thanks. :) We are not going to translate the game to any other languages with our own resources but if you or any other freelance translator would like to do it on your own, then we could add it to the game with proper credits mention as well. :) (But note that we are not able to pay anything for it unfortunately.)

I think that all translations from community should have been done for free ;)

Lamento
04-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks again for implementing the in-level lookup of secrets and vials! Cheers! :)

Serjongo
04-19-2010, 11:55 AM
That is totally amazing, I feel kinda bad for actually paying only 5 bucks for it, bought it on holidays sale and I keep playing the game, it`s like my 7th run O:

I think I should get it for ps3 too, are you guys going to release the DLC on ps3? :D

And thanks, thanks for making such amazing games, whether it`s Shadowground or Trine, your work is much appreciated. :D

Hope to hear from you guys in the future. :)

Edit:

That would be a good chance to ask, are you guys planning to do a sequel to Trine or maybe making a new franchise? Just curious O:

SojaBird
04-19-2010, 12:11 PM
I guess this DLC will also come with the retail version?
If not I'll (have to) buy it on steam :D
<3

Edit: Found out it'll come next week.

radu191289
04-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Right now trine is 75%off! whait is the time limit for this?

Kloza
04-19-2010, 12:36 PM
I bought it again for my second steam account.

Looking forward to any new releases from Frozenbyte!

g-m1n1
04-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Right now trine is 75%off! whait is the time limit for this?

+1 can someone tell us when the special offer will end? Thanks in advance.

NeoChaos
04-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to get home and play the game.

SojaBird
04-19-2010, 12:42 PM
+1 can someone tell us when the special offer will end? Thanks in advance.

The 75% offer will be until 26th of April.
Other versions besides Steam will get the patch next week.

Source (http://trine-thegame.com/site/) (look in the big star-picture)

velvetmeds
04-19-2010, 12:50 PM
good. i'll just wait and see if there are good deals tomorrow and/or on the weekend, if not, this is a definite purchase. i'd buy it right away if i hadn't already spent 20€ on fallout 3 GOTY yesterday.

SojaBird
04-19-2010, 12:52 PM
This is defenitly worth the money!! :D
You're gonna be sad if you don't buy it now at this stupidly low price :)

ps. FO3GOTY for 20€?
Aint that game 50€?

velvetmeds
04-19-2010, 12:55 PM
:P well yes that's on steam, i bought it retail. it's selling at 20€ in my country

/off topic ^^

SojaBird
04-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Off Topic
Ah nice.
They only sell the retail FO3 normal version for 20€ I think that's what I've seen.

On Topic
Anyway, I think I'm actualy getting this.
I paid like 30€ on the retail wich was worth the money.
Now I'm gonna get this for 5€ so I don't have to use the cd again :p

Karva
04-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Trine is the best 2.50 I ever spent.

Thanks!

SojaBird
04-19-2010, 01:11 PM
2.50 would be pounds right?
Or was it 2.50 at xmass (A)
Oh well €2.50 would still be way less money for this fabilous game!! :D
<3 Frozenbyte

Fubllla
04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
thanks!
this is one of the best games!

JoelFB
04-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. :)

Regarding the PS3 version, it remains to be seen whether this level is released there too... It's quite a bit more difficult but we'll see what can be done.

The sale should last a week.

Oh and yes, there will be "more Trine". That's for sure... :) (But it's going to take some time.)

stryker-raven
04-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Wanted to get it last time but backed out last minute. Not this time! :D

quazaarman
04-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Joel, please make another side scroller like Trine! I'd like it to be more complicated with puzzles and have much more levels. The 3 characters are great! I love the dialogue in Trine. Make the price at 50 or 40 bucks on the new title with more stuff and I'll purchase!

Drowsy
04-19-2010, 03:06 PM
I love this game, it really has heart! When playing it i wish it never ended :)

DKill3r
04-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the update and especially the new level. It was fun to play and quite challenging.:)

Metro
04-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Excellent. I forgot to grab this at Christmas and will definitely be picking it up now. Might want to tell the guys at Valve to advertise the sale on their front page as I don't see it up.

Scared
04-19-2010, 09:27 PM
I bought the game last year and I can't wait to get home and see what this new level is.

Great work to everyone at Frozenbyte, always good to see the little guys succeed :D

Mark_VI
04-19-2010, 09:46 PM
With all the recent crap from Ubisoft and EA it's nice to see that there is still a company out there that understands marketing. Free stuff like this is this sort of thing I remember when purchasing games.

MultiVaC
04-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I was a little disappointed with the new level; with all of the wonderful, flawless levels of Trine, the new one was patterned after the only one I didn't really like :( (I think most people know which level I mean)

But then I finished it, and I was overcome with joy with the screen that appeared!

After the image of the Knight that says "Thanks for playing", there is an image of a huge dragon being fought and/or ridden by the Knight with the message "The story has just begun...". Which seems to me could only mean one thing: Trine 2! :D

JoelFB
04-20-2010, 03:58 AM
Thanks guys. Glad to hear the feedback. :)

There's actually a reason why the level is similar to the last level... The basics of the level were created right after we had finished the game, so at that time we hadn't yet realized how big of a departure it was from the other levels... So when that feedback hit us in the face, we probably thought the level wasn't a good idea anymore and stopped (it's a bit hard to remember all the details because it was right in the middle of all the trouble we had with the console platforms).

A few weeks ago we just came up with the thought of polishing this level and releasing it, and that's what we did. Managed to get a sale too so it wasn't a tough decision in all honesty. :) (We also planned to use this level to the get the US patch released on PSN but that didn't quite work, at least not yet.)

Oh and:

it's not the Knight... But that's all I'm going to say about this. :)

richos
04-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Trine 2, online coop... we will se :)

MultiVaC
04-20-2010, 05:07 AM
it's not the Knight... But that's all I'm going to say about this. :)

Yeah, I realized this when I played it a second time so I could take a better look at it. This just keeps getting even more interesting :)

I like this tactic of updates to games that sneakily hint at what's coming in the future. It was cool in Portal, too. It's so much more exciting to uncover these little hints in the game than to just hear about it on some blog or press release.

maul_inc
04-20-2010, 06:22 AM
Trine 2, online coop... we will se :)

This just have to happen! :)

Apocca
04-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Oh god yes, multiplayer definetly. The lack of real multiplayer was the only downside to this otherwise perfect game. Such a shame so many didn't buy the game because of it. I had a couple friends who were going to get it until they found out it was local. I was pretty bummed aswell, as i wanted to play with them :(

Surely it wouldn't take too much effort to code in some basic LAN support. Hamachi will take care of the rest.

Yeowj
04-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Thank you Frozenbyte for the new content.

ExcellentJobSir
04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
has anyone beat the game on very hard difficulty?

DorianGrey505
04-20-2010, 02:50 PM
thnx very much for these great game, its great fun and i personally would only have changed 1 thing (added online co-op) but thats your choice...

the game is still great and im very happy i got it.

Mortimer
04-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Wow, a new level! That was unexpected :D

It'll be a while before I can play it with my co-op friends, but I'm looking forward to it!

Scared
04-21-2010, 05:37 AM
Just a note, you may want to update the sticky thread that has the update history in it.

JoelFB
04-21-2010, 05:58 AM
Just a note, you may want to update the sticky thread that has the update history in it.Indeed! Done now. :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone. :)

FuuKuy
04-21-2010, 06:40 AM
Once again, a big thanks (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1091938) to everyone who has bought the game! :)

Thanks to you.

Thanks for such a great game, thanks for supporting STEAM and thanks for supporting PC games.

RayeGunn
04-22-2010, 09:27 PM
I just saw the video for the new DLC on Steam's front page. good stuff! :D

JonasHoeiberg
04-23-2010, 08:12 AM

I'd be willing to try and translate this game to Danish, if you'd want it? Who/where do I write to volunteer for such a task?

bdmason
04-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Just want to say thanks for the "value-add" patch! It was short, but sweet. Frozenbyte is officially up there in my books along with Valve. Very few game companies these days know how to treat their customers. I will definitely be snatching up any future games you guys make because I like to put my $$$ in companies I like.

Anarion
04-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Great, I tried buying this game on Thursday but alas Steam apparently has some technical difficulties at least with Finnish and Swedish Visa Electrons and other credit cards.

floydisme
04-24-2010, 11:43 AM
I also just wanted to say Thank you very much for the DLC! :-)

It's a really fun game and I recommend everyone check it out for 5$.

Aesir Rising
04-24-2010, 12:51 PM
I checked it out on sale, as I did for Shadowground a while ago. I was thinking, "Hey, these guys respond on their forum, provide support, and on-going updates, just like the Shadowground folks do - I hope they succeed." And then I saw it was the same people.

So, hey Frozenbyte people, I hope you are successful.

JoelFB
04-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Heh. Thanks guys. :)

Anarion, you could try PayPal perhaps, it might work and bypass any credit card problems. I too read on MuroBBS that there seem to be some issues with Electrons and even regular Visas apparently, so PayPal might be a good option.

I'd be willing to try and translate this game to Danish, if you'd want it? Who/where do I write to volunteer for such a task?That'd be great. :) I'll PM you.

jor
04-25-2010, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the new level! It was fun to play, I haven't played Trine in a while.

Maybe I should try to complete it on the higher difficulties though now it's been passed... I want those trophies!

Spidery_Yoda
04-26-2010, 03:28 AM
I feel kinda bad for buying it when it's only £4.25, but to be frank i've not had any money to spend in the past year, and i've only just started earning some. So this is the best I can do ;).

Just downloading it now, looking forward to playing it. I played the demo AGES ago, and enjoyed it then.

Repomancer
04-26-2010, 05:34 AM
Dear Joel:

I've been a game developer for about 18 years, so I like to think I sorta know whereof I speak, at least sometimes, and I wanted to say that Trine is one of the best "indie" efforts I've ever encountered. I hadn't ever seen it run, but when it was on Steam for five bucks I figured what the heck -- and wow, did I get my money's worth.

Too many publishers and Those In Charge™ believe you need a budget in the many tens of millions, hundreds of people, and probably a movie license to pull off a quality game. An awful lot of work went into Trine and the end result is really something; it shows what a lean & mean core team of competent people can do. Extremely impressive, sir.

sess
04-26-2010, 05:29 PM
I'd be willing to try and translate this game to Danish, if you'd want it? Who/where do I write to volunteer for such a task?

I guess I could also do a 'fanslation' to Portuguese-BR. Not sure if they'd approve, though, since I barely post on Steam forums... :/