PDA

View Full Version : How are detonation points calculated?

eveningninja
04-20-2010, 01:36 AM
Sometimes I'll see "multiplier x2" show up on my screen, as well as the power-up called "Chain Detonation Bonus" or something. Do I only have a limited amount of time for the multiplier and bonus to be in effect before they wear off or something? I have no idea how those things work.

And how do I keep getting more multiplier? I sort of feel like I'm just rolling the dice every time I explode (granted there's at least players around me) as to how many points I'll receive.

Any input?

lufia22
04-20-2010, 01:50 AM
This game can be very confusing as the game itself doesn't explain a lot. While I am still a bit puzzled on how exactly your points are calculated, I can answer some of your questions:

The Chain Detonation Bonus power up, as far as I can tell, is a power up you get from a star. I believe what this does is if you self destruct with the power up and anyone runs into your explosion, those players also explode as though they self destructed. Basically, if you catch anyone in your explosion, you create a chain reaction of extra explosions off them, ultimately making your explosion bigger as long as someone gets caught in it. I do not know how long this power up lasts. It doesn't appear to have any graphic associated with it like the other power ups.

I know multipliers x2 and x3 come at 2 kill intervals. So when you kill 2 people, you'll get the x2 multiplier, 4 people and you get the x3 multiplier. I've seen x4 but I wasn't keeping count. I'm not sure what the max multiplier is. This basically multiplies all the energy you've built up once you explode. Multipliers stay until you die or self destruct.

Also, from what I can tell, you do not steal multipliers from people when you kill them, you only steal their points.

Lastly, I believe every time someone dies in your self destruct explosion, it'll add even more multiplier. This is where I'm a bit confused on how it adds things up.

eveningninja
04-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Hm... interesting. That definitely helps a lot Thanks so much for your post. Btw I believe I played with you tonight haha. My account name is MintJam.

NeatNit
04-21-2010, 05:10 AM
energy * multiplyer * (how many people got caught in your explosion + 1)

I'm not 100% sure how you get multiplyer, but it's supposed to be for killing many people quickly.

Guhlius
04-21-2010, 07:00 AM
chain reaction is a small pic on the bottom (where the stealth and flamesword pic appear) and lasts untill you die or pickup stealth / flamesword