PDA

View Full Version : Worth rebuying ?

Kent Elyoo
04-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi,

I already have the boxed versions of Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War. I have not tried to install them since I got Windows 7. Do you know if there is technical problems with the boxed versions under Windows 7 ? Does the Steam versions of the games have better compatibility ?

If I can avoid technical problems I would buy the games again for 5$.

Thanks

Jito463
04-20-2010, 01:08 PM
I bought it again a while ago (before the sale), and I haven't had any problems with it over the retail version (unlike Star Wars KotOR, where the retail version works, but the Steam version doesn't). I have not tried the retail copy in Windows 7, but the Steam version hasn't given me any issues. For $5, it's definitely worth buying (again).

Knights
04-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Hi,

I already have the boxed versions of Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War. I have not tried to install them since I got Windows 7. Do you know if there is technical problems with the boxed versions under Windows 7 ? Does the Steam versions of the games have better compatibility ?

If I can avoid technical problems I would buy the games again for 5$.

Thanks hehe, I fall in the same situation with you. I have games that I have bought retail but will buy the steam version just because I like Steam... :p I don't know about the windows 7 http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808112 It seems to work fine..

MrSmit
04-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Well, it's definitely worth 2.50, if only for archiving purposes and no fear of a scratched disc.

as for me I already owned a copy on steam but just gifted one to my friend

Kent Elyoo
04-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Thank you all. I'm glad to know that the Steam version works fine. I think I'll buy both games again for 5$. Its such a good deal.

Pyrogunz
04-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Well, it's definitely worth 2.50, if only for archiving purposes and no fear of a scratched disc.

Exactly, totally agree with you. I think I have the original copy lying around somewhere but for the ability to save the game forever online, it's a deal you can't ignore.

pot
04-20-2010, 05:09 PM

You're a nice friend lol. No one gifts me any games darnit :mad: